View Poll Results: What Marvel/Fox movie would you like to see in 2018?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Force

29 67.44%
  • X-Men/FF

6 13.95%
  • Other (please specify)

8 18.60%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I also think it's tough to speculate until we know for sure which time line all these movies are taking place in. Colossus being recast for Deadpool makes me think it takes place in the First Class timeline. But we don't know for sure yet.

FF with Galactus or Secret Invasion with only FF, X-Men, and Deadpool

Wasn't the rumor stating that it was an FF/X-Men crossover? There's ways to make it work but I would imagine it'll be dependent on how well this FF movie does. But I wouldn't be surprised to see if it is an X-Force movie.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I also think it's tough to speculate until we know for sure which time line all these movies are taking place in. Colossus being recast for Deadpool makes me think it takes place in the First Class timeline. But we don't know for sure yet.
    I think everything is in the First Class, post-DoFP new timeline now.

Xmen/FF crossover.

Partially set in space, begins the Phoenix saga on a shuttle trip back to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think everything is in the First Class, post-DoFP new timeline now.
    Yea but will a movie like The Wolverine 2 take place in the First Class time period or the "new" present day? That's what I meant by timeline.

Ah. My guess is that it will not be in the past. If anything, maybe the future. At least if Old Man Logan is the inspiration.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm betting on X-Force. It was semi announced by the apparent director and said to have 5 members, two of which are cable and, Deadpool.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Ehhh, wasn't it already confirmed there would come an X-Force movie in 2018. I am quite sure it was confirmed.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

You're all wrong, it's gonna be Doop: The Movie and it will make a billion dollars.

No, I'm kidding. I'd go with X-Force as the likely suspect, though I figure it's still far enough away that they're keeping their options open. Here's the thing - while the X-Men films arguably started the 21st century superhero movie boom, they more recently have a tendency to follow where others lead, only taking chances when someone else has done it first. Examples:

- Marvel Studios pulls off The Avengers successfully, Fox goes "Hey guys, we can totally do multi-series crossover films too! Our new one's got the older X-Men AND the newer X-Men in it!"

- Man of Steel redefines the scale of superpowered action, Fox goes "You like mass destruction? The next X-Men film will have SOOOO MUCH DESTRUCTION! We've got a bad guy named after the end of the world! And we put his name in the title!"

- Everyone and their mother goes nuts for Guardians of the Galaxy, Fox goes "We never really gave up on making Deadpool! And if you thought those other guys were wacky and funny, wait 'til you check out this guy! He is the wackiest hero of all!"

To be clear, I'm not slagging off Fox here. I get how producer logic works, and how nobody really wants to bet on anything but a certainty when you're talking about $100million+ budgets. So long as the films turn out good, I don't care what path they follow to creation.

Back to the point: I firmly believe they haven't made X-Force yet because nobody else has made anything like X-Force. The good news? Warner Bros are clearly very serious about getting Suicide Squad made, and X-Force is the closest thing Fox can potentially produce to mimic that.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I vote other. My guess for the 2018 Fox movie is The All New and Mighty Amazing X-men : Wolverine Assemble. It's all about Wolverine, and Wolverine only, right guys? Fox knows only one mutant that is Wolverine. And the story would be about Wolverine assembling the other X-men, and bitchslapping Cyclops. Yay! Fox! Boo! Marvel!

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

^Cynical much, no?

Doop: The Movie needs to be an avant-garde indie film screened at Cannes.

Anywho, I vote for the next installment of X-Men: The Second Class, featuring Jeen, Cyc, Storm, and Kid!Crawler all to be introduced in Apoccy w/ cameos/supporting roles from McAvoy, Fassbender, and Lawrence. Mebby Mag's kids will show up (esp. LORNA!!!!)

I just tried to emulate the attitude of most fan in here.

Seriously though, I think by 2018 the rights will revert to Marvel. Fox downfall will start by FF movie. That movie will bomb so hard that it will affect the X-men movies. Deadpool will bomb too, followoed by Apocalyspe, and then lastly Gambit will even fail to reach the theater, only released as direct to video. And by the power of millions and millions comic book fans forcing Fox to give the rights back to Marvel and pay property damage to fans. After that Fox will go bankrupt and forced to sell most of their assets. Karma is a b!@#$. That's what you get for forcing Marvel to sold their right.

Marvel will treated X-men fairly again and will produce new X-men movies so good fans will worship Marvel and Disney.

Rainbow for X-men series in the future guys.

Quote Originally Posted by veriaqa View Post
    I just tried to emulate the attitude of most fan in here.

Seriously though, I think by 2018 the rights will revert to Marvel. Fox downfall will start by FF movie. That movie will bomb so hard that it will affect the X-men movies. Deadpool will bomb too, followoed by Apocalyspe, and then lastly Gambit will even fail to reach the theater, only released as direct to video. And by the power of millions and millions comic book fans forcing Fox to give the rights back to Marvel and pay property damage to fans. After that Fox will go bankrupt and forced to sell most of their assets. Karma is a b!@#$. That's what you get for forcing Marvel to sold their right.

Marvel will treated X-men fairly again and will produce new X-men movies so good fans will worship Marvel and Disney.

Rainbow for X-men series in the future guys.
    Are you.. still emulating? I'm confused.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

StarJammers they r going to Give us FOX's take on GOTG

image.jpg