Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Crossing my fingers and picking it up. I missed out a lot on Robbie's run and I need to get them. Man Marvel, you're taking my money again!

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Nice too see them throwing the Ghost Rider fanbase a special treat.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Although the All New GR series has lost its way a little bit recently, very excited for this series.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 02-20-2015 at 05:08 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Ohhhh **** ghost ride.......awww damn it robbie is staring in it. I'll grab issues that have ketch and/or blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Ohhhh **** ghost ride.......awww damn it robbie is staring in it. I'll grab issues that have ketch and/or blaze.
    It's supposed to feature the major Riders, so you should be good.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Although now I'm worried that it will have Robbie 'triumph' over Blaze and Ketch, or somehow come out on top so that he ends up being the one and only Ghost Rider.

A bit of Paranoia.

BANNED

Here he comes, here comes Ghost Racer. He's a demon on wheels. He's a demon and he's always chasing after VENGEANCE.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by arveg2 View Post
    I think im the only one who prefers that Ketch be the ONLY ghost rider in marvel universe. Blaze no longer holds the mantle and Vengeance was made to be a totally different entity with a different host. It just makes the GR concept so unique. And me seeing all these ghost riderS again just reminded me of aaron's take on GR before and how much i absolutely hated the idea of all these multiple GRs prancing around. its just almost short of seeing a potato head version of a GR. saying it just cheapens the mythos is an understatement.

wishful thinking me thought that with secret wars looming in the background, marvel would finally get rid of that silly fast and furious version of GR..i guess upper management still think its important that a "spirit of vengeance" title still cater to some kiddies' fancy... *facepalm*
    You're not the only one. At this point though I would settle for them just not treating Ketch like garbage.
    Dan Ketch > Johnny Blaze

The lack of editorial respect for Dan Ketch is pretty astonishing, although it's not surprising considering how every 90s creation seems to be the target of derision these days.

I have been a huge Ghost Rider fan for almost 25 years, but Marvel hasn't been able to sell me on any of the GR reboots since Jason Aaron left.

I keep holding out hope that maybe Jason Aaron will come back and write a "Ghost Rider & the Midnight Sons" series (with Doctor Strange, Morbius, Blade, etc.).

Call it "Dark Avengers" if it would help steady sales. Whatever. It would be nice just to get some decent GR stories that are a bit closer to the original mold.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrettNOLA View Post
    The lack of editorial respect for Dan Ketch is pretty astonishing, although it's not surprising considering how every 90s creation seems to be the target of derision these days.
    Dude, what are you talking about?

Carnage
    Onslaught
    New Warriors
    Sleepwalker
    Scarlet Spider
    DEADPOOL
    Age of Apocalypse
    X-Men frigging '92

It's a '90s renaissance right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Dude, what are you talking about?

Carnage
    Onslaught
    New Warriors
    Sleepwalker
    Scarlet Spider
    DEADPOOL
    Age of Apocalypse
    X-Men frigging '92

It's a '90s renaissance right now.

A lot of those characters + concepts were either neglected, ghettoized, or written off into obscurity for a long time. Remember that the New Warriors were obliterated at the beginning of Civil War and there were no appearances by Dan Ketch, Sleepwalker, Darkhawk, Onslaught, and Scarlet Spider for many years. Even Deadpool was cancelled and written off for a long time (remember Agent X?).

I do appreciate that we're starting to see some resurgence in 90s properties, but that doesn't change the fact that Dan Ketch remains as the unwanted stepchild of the Ghost Rider mythos.

that doesn't change the fact that Dan Ketch remains as the unwanted stepchild of the Ghost Rider mythos.
    Wasn't he a big part of Jason Aaron's run?

Mighty Member

A lot of those characters + concepts were either neglected, ghettoized, or written off into obscurity for a long time. Remember that the New Warriors were obliterated at the beginning of Civil War and there were no appearances by Dan Ketch, Sleepwalker, Darkhawk, Onslaught, and Scarlet Spider for many years. Even Deadpool was cancelled and written off for a long time (remember Agent X?).

I do appreciate that we're starting to see some resurgence in 90s properties, but that doesn't change the fact that Dan Ketch remains as the unwanted stepchild of the Ghost Rider mythos.
    You said "these days," not "five years ago."

All I'm worried about is how much favour Robbie gets over the other Ghost Riders. This is his writer doing this series after all. I'm expecting Blaze and Ketch to play huge roles, but THE Blaze and Ketch, not alternate universe cannon fodder versions. I'm not sure how Secret Wars is supposed to play out regarding if those who emerge from Battleworld make up the new universe or not, but I'm really hoping this doesn't end with Robbie emerging as the ONLY Ghost Rider.

This seems like a super fun title though, I'll be picking it up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Wasn't he a big part of Jason Aaron's run?
    That was 6 years and 2 Ghost Rider books ago. Ketch has been completely MIA since from any title, not just GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That was 6 years and 2 Ghost Rider books ago.
    Oh god... where did the time go?!