• Tactile Telekinesis

17 58.62%
  • Standard Kryptonian Powers

8 27.59%
  • Full telekinesis

4 13.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Is Your Favorite Power Set For Connor

While there were things that could have been done better for Connor New 52, I liked how they gave him a unique power set to differentiate him from Superman and Supergirl. Giving him full telekinesis was a good idea and an extension from the tactile telekinesis.

What about you guys? What power set for Conner do you prefer?

BANNED

ConnEr or kon or SB or just Superboy imo would be best with a combination of them all.
    To make him different than kal or kara his powers should work in the opposite way to theirs,as in their best vision comes from within while his should be his interaction with the molecules in front of his eyes,same for all his super senses.

He doesn't need full TK and he doesn't need kryptonian powers,he just needs a writer who is smart enough to explore and expand on the idea of his TTK sensing and manipulating things he comes into contact with through ANY form of contact.he could be more powerful than any other version of the character this way,BUT stay true to him having TTK.

Where's the "Other" option?

Honestly, I like all three versions. I think that the TTK was a really interesting concept and over the course of Kon's first series, writers found a lot of fun ways to twist that power and do some cool things with it. It's also a fairly unique power. I also liked the full out TK he has had in the 52. Its an interesting visual to see someone wearing the "S" display high end psychic powers rather than physical ones, it really set him apart from Kal and Kara. And DC as a whole is sadly lacking in psychics, especially among the heroes. And the Kryptonian set, obviously, has its charm as well.

I suppose I really dont care much about what, exactly, Kon's powers are. I don't personally feel that his story relies that heavily on what the powers are as much as with what he does with the legacy thrown into his lap. I dont really associate a particular power with Kon, I guess.

I think my ideal powerset might be Golden Age style physical ability, some mid-range telekinesis, and a pair of x-ray/heat vision goggles like he used to have back in the day. While each individual power might be considered "low to medium" range, taken as a whole it would make Conner incredibly versatile and powerful, while also providing some easy to use control devices, and would still require a fairly high degree of control and training to properly exploit, thus generating a solid character arc and something tangible to work towards.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

That has been my second choice for him for awhile now,right behind "extreme" TTK That I prefer.

I can see YJ Superboy gaining TTK,to fly,give him a tactile sense,and many of the cool tricks the original had,like shockwaves,etc.

I also like the super specs idea for heat vision and the other senses he doesn't have naturally.

See I'm not that hard to PLZ,just give him a cool unique powerset and then work on giving him a actual personality,and simple and easy origin and I'm good.

BANNED

I always liked the tactile telekinesis.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

My problem with ttk is that it requires explaining. Any power that requires explaining to me seems like a bad idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    My problem with ttk is that it requires explaining. Any power that requires explaining to me seems like a bad idea.

You can say the same for many powersets though,everyone knows what a spidey sense is because of the numerous cartoons and movies,but if there wasn't any of that it would need explaining also.

Look at a guy like dr doom,he is in a armored suit who does magic,but ppl would only guess he is another guy in a armored suit,just like ppl would think kon was a clone with Supermans powers(which he could mimic easily with my extreme TTK).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'm kinda torn. I wish this was a multiple choice poll.

I really like the TTK, but I also like seeing Connor with at least some of the more traditional Kryptonian powers, like heat vision. I guess I'll go with TTK.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm kinda torn. I wish this was a multiple choice poll.

I really like the TTK, but I also like seeing Connor with at least some of the more traditional Kryptonian powers, like heat vision. I guess I'll go with TTK.

Or you can go with my "other" option,which is what I call "extreme" TTK,where he senses and manipulates the world around him by any form of contact.this would give him all the super senses and others Kal doesmt have,heat vision,and probably freeze vision,invisibility,his own super flare,but like firestarter,not from within,etc etc.

Heck ascended version would do the same thing,BOTH are awesome ideas imo.

Extraordinary Member

I went with TTK, in part because under Kessel, it was well established that his TTK was made to eventually emulate the other power sets of Superman, including heat vision. It also had over 100 issues to be established and fleshed out as a proven quantity and successful power set.

I also like the pre-programmed power idea. While I don't mind the basic Kryptonian power set, or the full blown TK, I don't think either can be executed quite as well without seeming either very derivative (regular Kryptonian power set doesn't open up any new storytelling techniques by itself) or very inconsistent (a constant problem of TK).
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

There isn't anything unique about KRYPTONIAN powers or full TK,but TTK there is tons of ways to make it interesting,not to memtion badass in its own way.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I always enjoyed the idea of Kryptonian powers along with some TK in there. I'm also ok with the idea of TTK but only if it's used as a makeshift way to give him Superman's powers to the best of his creators abilities. The rest of the finer point powers (heat vision, senses, lungs, and healing) would be activated through stem cells used to articulate Superman's powers.

But I decided to pick Kryptonian powers because of the wish fulfillment that comes with suddenly becoming indestructible, strong, clever etc. It's not complicated and never needs explanation, thus it just becomes the vehicle for this young guy to have any adventure he'd like. I think that works best for a young teen or kid character who's not yet bogged down by constant self reflection.

I see Superman's conveniently effective powers, such as the ability to pick up a bus without it collapsing under its own weight, or to catch a person falling at high speeds without breaking their neck like Gwen Stacey, or heck, even being able to fly in general, as a form of completely unconscious tactile telekinesis. John Byrne wrote Superman's powers that way, but he never called it tactile TK. I found the moniker applied to Superboy's powers later on is an effective way of describing Superman's own powers.

That said, my favorite form of Superboy's powers is the set he had in Young Justice. He has super-strength and speed. He can hear better than most people. But he can't fly, he can't pick up a bus without it collapsing under its own weight without psychic help from M'gann, he presumably couldn't catch someone falling from great heights without hurting them at least a little.

In short, if Kon has any of the Kryptonian psychic field, he certainly doesn't have as much of one as Kal does.

That's the powerset I like Connor to have.

Incredible Member

TTK + Kryptonian powers is nice. I like TTK more than actual telekinesis, telekinesis is too much of a non-limited power for my tastes.

I do dislike that New52 Superboy early on kept calling his power tactile telekinesis but used it like normal telekinesis. That was just dumb.

BANNED

This poll should be open for ATLEAST a "other" option,that way combo powersets and YJ level type powersets can be counted.

I still say if you want a powerful kon who is not a flawed clone in the least go with the "extreme" TTK where he can mimic every power of Supermans,but can still do other things,all under the umbrella of "tactile"
    Or
    If you like a more flawed clone,one that uses what he has,to be the best he can be,I would go with the YJ superBOY powerset as a base,then add TTK for things like flight,shockwaves,a tactile sense,and leave the high end molecular control out,instead giving him super specs for KRYPTONIAN vision powers.