Default Futures End Superman Shazam question

Spoilers in this post about Futures End #42
    In the latest issue of Futures End, Billy decides to go back to his Shazam uniform when Superman returns. But didn't Lois Lane convince Billy in Futures End Superman #1 to be his own hero and he ends up flying off as Shazam in the end? I don't get it.
    Last edited by maxmcco; 02-20-2015 at 04:56 PM.

I think the best answer we're going to get to that one is that not all of the Futures End one-shots line up neatly with the proper story. I mean, for an even stronger example look at the Wonder Woman and SM/WW Futures End issues. Diana's story there is nearly impossible to correlate at all to the main Futures End story.

That's not a very satisfying answer but it's probably the only thing that makes any sense. Conflicting continuity due to bad planning. I think it's a very smart move that post-Convergence, DC is loosing up on continuity, as they are just so bad at it.

Amazing Member

They did explain this in story, but I forget which issue. Billy stated that depending on the situation, he would either wear his costume or the Superman one. Even though he was outed he still felt it was important to have the S shield out there.