Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Started reading it today. I always get a sense Morrison's writing can go off the rails on Page 1, but when he's on , it's a trip. Society of Superheroes is an early favorite. I wish it got its own book, I love the pulp vibe. The Just is pretty to look at, but shaky and kind of dull.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

That the point of The Just.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That the point of The Just.
    A commentary on today?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    A commentary on today?
    Yes,nobody cares

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My question about bringing back the multiverse and creating specific worlds for it is, are they going to do anything with them down the line? I get the idea of giving favorite stories like Kingdom Come or Dark Knight their own universes just so fans can still feel like those universes are still out there, but why create a bunch of other worlds if you don't intend to do anything with them? Some of these worlds might make great miniseries, like the "pulp" universe, but it strikes me as the type of thing you give it's own world AFTER you try it out as a miniseries first. These are good arguments for the "infinite" multiverse to be brought back. That way, if you want to just reference a world once, like the TMZ world, you can do that without taking up limited space.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Event cannon fodder, most likely outcome for the bulk of the Multiverse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My question about bringing back the multiverse and creating specific worlds for it is, are they going to do anything with them down the line? I get the idea of giving favorite stories like Kingdom Come or Dark Knight their own universes just so fans can still feel like those universes are still out there, but why create a bunch of other worlds if you don't intend to do anything with them? Some of these worlds might make great miniseries, like the "pulp" universe, but it strikes me as the type of thing you give it's own world AFTER you try it out as a miniseries first. These are good arguments for the "infinite" multiverse to be brought back. That way, if you want to just reference a world once, like the TMZ world, you can do that without taking up limited space.
    All this is doing is splitting the ticket which fragments sales over dozens of titles hoping 1 or 2 might ignite and keep print DC above water for a few more months and feeds Morrissons ego for more unwarranted PC nonsense. There aren't enough readers still left to buy all this fodder.

My theory on Superboy-Prime: At the end of Legion of 3 Worlds, when Prime attacked the Time Trapper (his future self), it split Prime into two different beings to resolve the paradox: One of them was sent back to Earth-Prime, almost totally depowered, who eventually encountered Black Lantern Alexander Luthor; the other Prime was sent back to pre-New 52 Earth-0 and fought the Titans, eventually getting imprisoned inside the Source Wall--it was THIS Prime who eventually became the Time Trapper and was destroyed when he was punched by his alternate self, whereas the other Superboy-Prime, on Earth-Prime, had an inconclusive ending, with Laurie being a Black Lantern and her either killing Clark OR being used by Nekron to distract Prime and keep him from interfering in Blackest Night (since Prime was shown to have certain resistances to the Black Ring). From here, I think Flashpoint altered history so that Clark Kent never became Superboy-Prime and lived his life as he would have had he never gained powers--or maybe he gained them in a different way in a story set to happen.

But my point is that while I think there's a Kryptonian kid named Clark Kent on Earth-Prime, I don't think the armor-wearing Superboy-Prime still exists--the version of Prime trapped in the Source Wall was destroyed by his other self and the other Prime had his history rewritten. DC could essentially tell new stories of a Superboy of Earth-Prime without continuity baggage--it'd be even more interesting if characters who remembered the evil Prime encountered this good version. Imagine, for instance, the pre-Flashpoint Superman meeting new Superboy-Prime, and had to debate whether to tell him of the Superboy-Prime that HE remembers--and Prime himself would still have access to comics chronicling his previous incarnation, which could be a good story itself, Prime knowing what he is capable of if he isn't careful.

I would pay good money for Earth 18 and 19 books. At least as minis besides Gotham by Gaslight.

Astonishing Member

My question about bringing back the multiverse and creating specific worlds for it is, are they going to do anything with them down the line? I get the idea of giving favorite stories like Kingdom Come or Dark Knight their own universes just so fans can still feel like those universes are still out there, but why create a bunch of other worlds if you don't intend to do anything with them? Some of these worlds might make great miniseries, like the "pulp" universe, but it strikes me as the type of thing you give it's own world AFTER you try it out as a miniseries first.
    You mistake the idea of the multiverse (at least in multiversity) as a vehicle to do elseworlds stories. Rather for the analogues to other shared universes owned by Image or Marvel or famous elseworlds, it's rather a character bank in that respect for Morrison (or other interested writers) to tap into where they can use these versions of the characters. The same for many of the Morrison creations like the robot or pulp universes. Though the Seven Unknown Ones are probably closer to your idea.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 01-21-2016 at 10:42 PM.

Amazing Member

There IS an Infinite Multiverse now with the Multi-Multiverse concept introduced in The Multiversity. That is what Morrison is using in the upcoming The Multiversity Too line of OGN's.

Amazing Member

There IS an Infinite Multiverse now with the Multi-Multiverse concept introduced in The Multiversity. That is what Morrison is using in the upcoming The Multiversity Too line of OGN's.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lange View Post

The birth of it being Convergence, since it made the original crisis happen differently, closing an enormous loop (sending the characters saved by Brainiac in his uber-quest to the original crisis); thus guaranteeing that

NOT ONLY DID WE GET Earth-sigma and then single earth etc.....to the point of Convergence (What we actually read here) BUT ALSO the continuing existence of the original infinite earths .... which glob together in multiverses and omniverses.... including .. .THE ACTUAL DC multiverse of multiversity ....

man, this might be all wrong, but i just have so much fun trying to piece things together... .it amuses, more than anguishes me LoL