Default Magneto #15 *SPOILERS*

MAG2014015-DC11-c306c.jpg

Magneto. His post-AvX turn to the darkside is moving full steam ahead. He IS more fascinating than he was post-Schism but ALSO more futzed up than ever. With The Punisher readers can still see his side of humanity, but Erik/Max has no amicable qualities seen since #1. It's very discouraging and depressing to work up patronly support with no one to root for. His supporting cast has been both lacking and wanting.

Haines. As delusional as ever to think she is qualified to hold Mags. But STILL she should get a promotion for failin 'cuz she showed more interest and effort than any other superhero or agency. She should also thank her stars for the comic book weak trope of Magneto sparing her for his own propoganda sake.

Rodriguez. As convenient a plot device as ever. A forced introduction at a weak retconned meeting between Xavier and Mags pre-UXM#1 circa 1960s. And a fortunate sole to have survived this long and follower/mole of Magnus' cause.

Raleigh. As boring as ever until she reveals herself also to be loyal to SHIELD all along - now she's just a b*tch in the eyes of the Master of Magnetism When His Power Flux Is Inconvenient.

Marauders. It's good to see that subplot realized finally. These clones further the so-called mutant savior's twisted agenda and deserve to be revealed as flawed murdercrazy replicas so no guilt will come from wanting them to suffer as much as Sabretooth.

Creed Clone. Is a putz. Gets what he deserves with the easypeasy continuity confusion fix by splattering his guts.

SHIELD. They reverse engineered Cerebro and we're just hearin' about it?! C'mon!!! Magneto purges one system of all mutant intel and he says he clear ALL the databases worldwide?! C'mon!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=26054

http://blacknerdproblems.com/site/magneto-15-review/

http://community.comicbookresources....Last-Days-quot

I expected a very different attitude of Magneto considering the latest edition. The last time he surrendered making the reader believe that fight Shield made no sense and had to try a different path after thinking about Xavier but in this edition it does again what it always does when it encounters opposition finish them or give a lesson will never forget.

Haines is the kind of professional person does his job and obey orders while demonstrating understand the perspective of Magneto she does not bother to say that mutants who were killed are not her problem or his department that is not of your account (typical Shield) but with Magneto imprisoned maybe his team would be called to do something more productive or for the benefit of the mutants.

In the end it was all plan to confirm the existence of a program similar to Cerebro Xavier created and if necessary destroy the same as the files of the mutants. Ok first Sentinels but now Shield has a locator mutants?

The surprise is up against Rodriguez or rather not so much among the various agents Shield inevitably exist at least a supporter of the mutant cause. If the Shield ignores the situation of mutants and washes his hands someone who does not agree with this policy will eventually turn against them even if it ends in injured fellow soldiers there someone remembers Edward Snowden? I will not go into the merits if what she did is betrayal or not but considering his past is that clear why he risked his life, liberty and career to help Magneto.

Well as long as they don't have the character descend into full villain mode. I'm quite happy to have Mags as a character that straddles the line between both good and evil. What he did as a prisoner of Shield could have gone eIther way. He chose a third option Mags way.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

rebuilding genosha as a mutant territory would have a lot more resonance if it all weren't getting scrubbed during secret war.

::bitter::

Makes no sense that he unleashed the Maurders on Shield but was lecturing Scott in UNM for crossing a line by talking to Mallory. They have given up on continuity with X books making sense

As for the issue it was awesome as always. Will be really sad if we lose this book to SW

Ya I don't like the retcon

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Well as long as they don't have the character descend into full villain mode.
    Too late? 15 now.

I don't think he has gone into complete villain mode yet imo. More like a grey character. Not a villain nor hero. A mix of both imo Though if the writers do want to take that route with the character I will be disappointed. What was the point of giving Magneto more character development. Only to retcon him into a villain again. Once he becomes a full blown villain he won't appear much in comics imo. either going into character limbo. Or as is the case with most villains being used for the story or arc of the month. Not to mention Marvel needs more grey characters. Their is plenty of heroes and villains to go around as it is imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.