Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How Should Marvel Continue To Expand Their Star Wars Universe?

I've been enjoying the new Star Wars comics lately and the kind of tone that they've set. Gillen's Darth Vader is really good and after reading his interview, I like what he has planned. I'm a little concerned that Marvel maybe limiting themselves by focusing on time frame between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. I would like to see them eventually do stories beyond Return of the Jedi into new territory.I'd also like to see them expand the universe a little by adding a few more on going titles featuring other characters that they could flesh out a little more. However, I can also see them doing a lot of minis similar to what Dark Horse did. It could give more exposure to the background characters from the movies.

How should Marvel continue to build their Star Wars universe?

Have a crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hey, if they can make a crossover with Attack on Titan...

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Have a crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Hey, if they can make a crossover with Attack on Titan...
    I think they might be a ways off from having an MU/Star Wars crossover. I think they have to build the Star Wars universe up beyond just the main title, Vader and a mini here and there. I think a solid 4-5 ongoings and the occasional mini should be enough. And at some point, they're going to have to move beyond the time period they are currently focusing on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think they might be a ways off from having an MU/Star Wars crossover. I think they have to build the Star Wars universe up beyond just the main title, Vader and a mini here and there. I think a solid 4-5 ongoings and the occasional mini should be enough. And at some point, they're going to have to move beyond the time period they are currently focusing on.
    Good point. It might be a good idea to have an Origins mini, look at how the Jedi and the Sith began in this new timeline.

So two ongoings featuring the rebels: 1 with Luke and co. awhile the other has B team and more of a weekly where different problems are going down.

1 features the gritty bounty hunter and criminal underworld making a la Gotham Central.

That leaves two more up in the air.

Amazing Member

They were smart to choose the original trilogy characters to start with. Around the time of the movie something to do with the time period between VI and VII could probably happen.

What they really need is something less predictable. The biggest problem with the current series is that we know where it's all leading. Giving us a book focused on a much different time period or about new and minor characters could provide a much greater sense of not knowing what's going to happen, and it could give Marvel great opportunities for world building and leaving a permanent mark on the franchise.

Other options could be a bounty hunter book, or one about droids done by Skottie Young or someone like that. Maybe a Yoda mini.

All-New Member

A title featuring bounty hunters, smugglers, and criminals like the Black Sun and Jabba the Hutt.

I want a Lando Calrissian solo. He's the one member of the main cast that can't really show up in the main Star Wars book in any real capacity. And I think it'd be a pretty interesting story to see a smuggler turn politician.

Spectacular Member

They're probably just going to retread everything that was done in the old EU except slightly different with new names.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    1 features the gritty bounty hunter and criminal underworld making a la Gotham Central.
    Quote Originally Posted by bookwriter View Post
    A title featuring bounty hunters, smugglers, and criminals like the Black Sun and Jabba the Hutt.
    Yeah, I've really been wanting a Star Wars Underworld book, with art by someone like Sean Murphy. I can just imagine him drawing a beautiful Mos Eisley and/or Nar Shaddaa spread.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Star Wars What If?

Something with bounty hunters

More mini series for characters

How about a event?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I want a Lando Calrissian solo. He's the one member of the main cast that can't really show up in the main Star Wars book in any real capacity. And I think it'd be a pretty interesting story to see a smuggler turn politician.
    Lando is getting a mini series after the Leia one apparently. But I reckon that a series exploring the period between ROTJ and TFA is a certainty. That and I would like them to do a series set in the Clone Wars - I know that the prequels aren't as popular as the original films but it's still a great period to have stories centred around.

Quote Originally Posted by EuphemismForSex View Post
    They're probably just going to retread everything that was done in the old EU except slightly different with new names.
    The constraints imposed by the new movies will make a lot of it moot. With new prequels and sequels coming, several previously active time periods are going to be off limits.

Crossover with another dimension (EU specificall) so we can have Ganner, Jacen, Anakin S and Revan)

Quote Originally Posted by BookOfPureEvil View Post
    They were smart to choose the original trilogy characters to start with. Around the time of the movie something to do with the time period between VI and VII could probably happen.

What they really need is something less predictable. The biggest problem with the current series is that we know where it's all leading. Giving us a book focused on a much different time period or about new and minor characters could provide a much greater sense of not knowing what's going to happen, and it could give Marvel great opportunities for world building and leaving a permanent mark on the franchise.

Other options could be a bounty hunter book, or one about droids done by Skottie Young or someone like that. Maybe a Yoda mini.
    This exactly. We know how the story ends between A New Hope and Return of the Jedi and while it's fun to explore other aspects not detailed in the movies we need a series where the end isn't already set in stone. Like some others have mentioned, I'd like to see a series on the seedier side of the empire as well, with new characters who can take us outside of the limits of the film.