View Poll Results: Muts the Peter Parker Of The Marvel Cinematic Universe Be Depicted By A White Guy?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Peter Parker should be played by a white guy.

64 56.64%
  • No, Peter Parker should be played by someone who isn't a white guy

7 6.19%
  • No, race should not be a factor either way in a decision to cast a new Peter Parker

42 37.17%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I don't care who the actor is as long as it's white. Keep Spidey out of this race crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    So, Liam Neeson?
    Andy Dick, obviously.

-Pav, who is actually leaning towards wanting Miles as Spider-Man despite never having read an Ultimate comic...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Nobody complained when Dame Judy Dench became "M' who had, previously, in book and cinema been portrayed as a male character. That her M means Olivia Mansfield and not Mallory was not something that got people up in arms.

I like when things are changed and switched around. It keeps it fresh. But I also like to respect canon and what has come before, whatever that may be.

To answer the question the thread presents, for me, is not all yes or all no. It depends on the story the movie wants to tell. Are they being traditional and "MCUing" (I made that up can I trademark it?) a classic story arc? In this case I say, yes, Peter needs to be that brown haired white guy from the suburbs Are they present an entirely new story or building an entirely new world for a Spider-Person? In this case, make it whoever the heck the creative team wants, except Spider-ham haha... classic but I can't go see a Spider-ham movie) Since they're bringing him in for Civil War and, eventually, Infinity War, they should keep him close to the source material, assuming that most of the rest of the story (title aside) stays close as well.
    Last edited by JLS Comics; 03-02-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Peter Parker was established as white and brown hair. End of the discussion. All this nonsense about changing race or sexuality is just another cheap intent of political correctness going too far. What it's next? Mary Jane no being red head and Gwen no being blonde?

If anyone wants a black Spider-Man (for example), just make a film about Miles Morales. Simple like that.

Well, Mary Jane was played by a blond and given the name "Gwen" in the recent ASM films.

I'm voting yes just because I would love for Marvel/sony to introduce Peter as a teacher and have Miles as one of his students. That way they could have an established Spider-man one that you wouldn't have to tell his origin story. And you could have Miles a young new Spider-man who you could do the whole origin story with.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, *******

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

All-New Member

Why revamp Peter Parker as a black person? Marvel could actually sit down, maybe with some black creators, and create some more diverse, yet all new and ORIGINAL characters? I know if I was a minority, I'd want an original character all my own, and not some established character changed just to pander to me. GAH! I hope that makes sense and I don't sound like a racist S.O.B.!!
    Last edited by Borbs; 03-04-2015 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling

All-New Member

I'm voting yes just because I would love for Marvel/sony to introduce Peter as a teacher and have Miles as one of his students. That way they could have an established Spider-man one that you wouldn't have to tell his origin story. And you could have Miles a young new Spider-man who you could do the whole origin story with.

Red Lotus! Holy shite! You just came up with the perfect idea to introduce both Spider-Men without pissing anyone off! Well done!