Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Hugh Jackman Wants To Play Wolverine Until He Dies

With two more outings as the man called Logan on tap, Hugh Jackman now hopes to extend his Wolverine run beyond "X-Men: Apocalypse" and his next solo film.

Full article here.

Old Man Logan confirmed.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

That's cool. I'm glad he wants the role forever. If Mar El ever gets it back though I wonder if they would recast or ask him to come over. After all he did say he wanted to do avengers
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

He's probably salivating after seeing that Sony/Marvel deal happen. If he doesn't get some indication from Fox that Avengers vs X-Men can become a thing he's probably gonna start slashing some big wig tires. xD

Happy to see that he has no intention of leaving the role anytime soon and wants to stay on as Logan for as long as he can .

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

*immediately removes the penultimate two words in the sentence and is shocked*
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

I'd rather he not play Wolverine until he dies. I love Hugh Jackman and I love his passion for the character. But as good as he is, his version of Wolverine is by far the worst version of Wolverine in any X-men medium. Every movie revolves around him. And he's the complete antithesis of the Wolverine in the comics. The best example is this:

Wolverine in the comics saw Jean Grey and Charles Xavier die. As a result, he stayed with the X-men and eventually became headmaster of the school.

Wolverine in the movies saw Jean Grey and Charles Xavier die. As a result, he just up and ditched the team when they needed him most.

Hugh Jackman is a great actor. But even he can't save a character like this.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'd rather he not play Wolverine until he dies. I love Hugh Jackman and I love his passion for the character. But as good as he is, his version of Wolverine is by far the worst version of Wolverine in any X-men medium. Every movie revolves around him. And he's the complete antithesis of the Wolverine in the comics. The best example is this:

Wolverine in the comics saw Jean Grey and Charles Xavier die. As a result, he stayed with the X-men and eventually became headmaster of the school.

Wolverine in the movies saw Jean Grey and Charles Xavier die. As a result, he just up and ditched the team when they needed him most.

Oh please do you ever get tired of miss representing the ending of X3. The movie ends with Beast and Storm taking over the school and welcoming a new class of mutants along with Kitty. Every villain in the series is either dead or depowered. How is that when the X-men need him the most? Wolverine is clearly a warrior not a teacher. The X-men really have no need for him at this point. This is also pretending Wolverine didn't disapear on the X-men all the time in the comics.

Secondly if you read Astonishing X-men you would know Wolverine went Mia after Jeans new x-men death and they aren't sure where he is or if he's coming back. It's ok to be critical of the movies but you really are just making up stuff to support your argument.

Thank god Jackman is Wolverine. He joins the select list of actors who embody the character they play. RDJr as ironman and Jackman as Wolverine not only were the perfect embodiment of their characters but changed how the comics portrayed those characters. I and as the X-men movies millions more will happily watch any Wolverine movies he puts out.

Amazing Member

I like Jackman in the role, (Thought the full version of The Wolverine was great!) and I'm happy for him to go on playing Logan. But...I hope he doesn't go too far with his work out regime. As those bulging veins looked like he was overdoing things last time around. Wolverine doesn't need to look ripped, and I worry that Jackman could actually damage himself trying to continually one up himself. I mean not to be too morbid or anything, but the Last thing we need is this interview being an eerily prophetic choice of words, if he ends up in an early grave from overdoing it..
    Last edited by Jason S; 02-23-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Mighty Member

That's due to the writing, not Jackman's fault. I always get tired of people moaning how Anna Paquin 'ruined' Rogue when it was how she was written - Paquin desperately wanted to play her as she was in the comics, but although she came close to it in X2 Kinberg and Ratner essentially threw her character away in Last Stand and DoFP.

I wish they'd do an X Force movie featuring both of them - then Cyclops fans could enjoy watching him shine in the X Men movies while Jackman's Wolverine had his own series and hopefully we may yet get to see Rogue.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    I like Jackman in the role, (Thought the full version of The Wolverine was great!) and I'm happy for him to go on playing Logan. But...I hope he doesn't go too far with his work out regime. As those bulging veins looked like he was overdoing things last time around. Wolverine doesn't need to look ripped, and I worry that Jackman could actually damage himself trying to continually one up himself. I mean not to be too morbid or anything, but the Last thing we need is this interview being an eerily prophetic choice of words, if he ends up in an early grave from overdoing it..
    Yeah, I'm with you there - he nearly killed himself for Les Miz, he has a good enough physique to play Wolverine without going too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    No one has put themselves in an early grave eating right and exercising. His veinyness has to do with his body make up and body fat. You can't make yourself vieny if you don't have that natural disposition toward it. Look at Stalone and Arnold still going strong at an advanced age and they both abused steroids which their is no evidence of Hugh doing. But yes I'm with you on the not hanging onto the role when he reaches an advanced age.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 02-23-2015 at 05:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    That's due to the writing, not Jackman's fault. I always get tired of people moaning how Anna Paquin 'ruined' Rogue when it was how she was written - Paquin desperately wanted to play her as she was in the comics, but although she came close to it in X2 Kinberg and Ratner essentially threw her character away in Last Stand and DoFP.

I wish they'd do an X Force movie featuring both of them - then Cyclops fans could enjoy watching him shine in the X Men movies while Jackman's Wolverine had his own series and hopefully we may yet get to see Rogue.
    Seriously - people blamed Anna Paquin for what happened to Rogue??? That's sad. I thought she was actually cute and likeable even if she wasn't playing the right character. She can't help what she was given to work with. I hope they will actually get Rogue right this next time around. If they don't, they are fools!!!

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Really? Cause I think he's one of their saving graces and Wolverine in the comics isn't consistent, he's around and fatherly or he's off on a quest as a samurai or who know's what? I think they've built a decent character with Hugh.

As those bulging veins looked like he was overdoing things last time around.
    He wasn't all that vein-y outside of promotional materials that went through Photoshop. One trick they did was having him hold sandbags and then remove them from the pic and 'shop in his claws.

In real life he's got some veining but not that much