Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default What does Big Hero 6 Oscar win say about Marvel Promotional team and company ?

So let me see if I get this straight...Marvel Promotes ALL OF their Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies and other movies based upon their properties, but for the one Movie that is produced by Disney, which Tron Legacy Movie that Marvel promoted via variant covers, that was BASED UPON A MARVEL COMIC BY NAME, due to the DEAL, Marvel BARELY PROMOTES and NOW THAT VERY MOVIE WON AN OSCAR ?

So what does that say about Marvel decision making process when it comes to promoting their products in theaters ?

I think that, without knowing much about the business dealings that led to the film or what Marvel can/can't do in promoting it, I can't really pass judgment.

Also, Disney wanted Marvel to stop doing Big Hero 6 comics stuff because they didn't want their movie versions of the characters conflicting with the comic versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Also, Disney wanted Marvel to stop doing Big Hero 6 comics stuff because they didn't want their movie versions of the characters conflicting with the comic versions.
    But Disney brought Marvel to target the Boys demographic. WHat's the point of the deal if Marvel could not promote some of their own products for Disney and vice versa ?

It's the same thing that bugged me about IDW publishing doing Disney Comics instead of Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    But Disney brought Marvel to target the Boys demographic. WHat's the point of the deal if Marvel could not promote some of their own products for Disney and vice versa ?

It's the same thing that bugged me about IDW publishing doing Disney Comics instead of Marvel.
    Again, they have made a VERY different form of Big Hero Six for the film. They didn't want to be limited to the comic version of the team and work with their own adaptation. I don't think the comic version of the team would have been as successful as a film as it does come off a slightly culturally insensitive (Their introduction page mentions the nuking of Japan for crying out loud!)

And even so, if they try to bring the movie versions into the comics, then you'd have to be careful on how they are portrayed. This is the same universe where the Punisher is running around and other grim happenings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Again, they have made a VERY different form of Big Hero Six for the film. They didn't want to be limited to the comic version of the team and work with their own adaptation. I don't think the comic version of the team would have been as successful as a film as it does come off a slightly culturally insensitive (Their introduction page mentions the nuking of Japan for crying out loud!)

And even so, if they try to bring the movie versions into the comics, then you'd have to be careful on how they are portrayed. This is the same universe where the Punisher is running around and other grim happenings.
    THey could have ADAPTED The Movie plotline into a Marvel Mini-series and make it connect to the movie ?

What I mean is that Marvel could have made an adaptation of the Movie for the fans to see and promote it at the same time with Variant covers spotlighting the team.

BANNED

What it says to me is--Intellectual properties that are left on the floor can win big, if someone with creative vision shows interest. See: GoTG, also.

Marvel doesn't have Big Hero 6 or Disney books because their track record on all-ages properties isn't as good as Disney. Not a knock.

I loved Spiderman, hulk, Avengers all-ages books--but they didn't make it into the hands of kids.

There's no excuse not to do a direct adaptation of a Marvel property for an animated movie. Kid-friendly? Power Pack, The Runaways, Cloak & Dagger. Do it, now!

THey could have ADAPTED The Movie plotline into a Marvel Mini-series and make it connect to the movie ?

What I mean is that Marvel could have made an adaptation of the Movie for the fans to see and promote it at the same time with Variant covers spotlighting the team.
    Disney wanted control, and that was it. Maybe they might change their minds seeing how popular the film is, but then you will just get confusion of "Wait, is BH6 MCU canon?"

BH6 wasn't that big of a comic hit, so I guess they are just ignoring the comic roots now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    What it says to me is--Intellectual properties that are left on the floor can win big, if someone with creative vision shows interest. See: GoTG, also.

Marvel doesn't have Big Hero 6 or Disney books because their track record on all-ages properties isn't as good as Disney. Not a knock.

I loved Spiderman, hulk, Avengers all-ages books--but they didn't make it into the hands of kids.

Those series were CRIMINALLY overlooked!
    It makes me sad how nobody read them.

Since it won an Oscar without strong influence from the Marvel version, I'd say they all made the right decision.

It doesn't mean anything. Disney owns Marvel. They call the shots.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It doesn't mean anything. Disney owns Marvel. They call the shots.
    And now I wonder about the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe under Disney's control. I mean what's stopping Disney from having a hand on the property that they own ?

And now I wonder about the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe under Disney's control. I mean what's stopping Disney from having a hand on the property that they own ?

Oh, I think Disney has a bigger hand than we suspect. For example, I'm told that the whole kid subplot in Iron Man 3 happened because "They wanted someone the kids in the audience could relate to".

EDIT: another more current link:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-sea...on-109456.html
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 02-22-2015 at 09:45 PM.