Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I would think that the SOURCE MATERIAL FOR THE PRODUCT would Care because it is coming from the actual pages of Marvel comic, but just slightly different.
    How exactly is the "source material," i.e. the "actual pages" supposed to care??? It's paper, not a sentient being with feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Four pages in, and I honestly can't figure out what 'mool's complaint is. Can someone summarize it for me? Something about Iron Man not winning an Oscar?
    I second this. I have no idea what the complaint is or why the Big Hero Six movie is causing such multiple thread agitation.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

according to his facebook, chris claremont had a very vested interest in big hero 6 winning last evening. especially since DOFP was robbed by that horrible interstellar movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    marvel did try to promote it in the beginning. disney issued them a cease-and-desist order for any participation in big hero 6 and informed the company that a foreign, non-affiliated company would be doing any further comic-related material.
    Yet I wonder why is that ?

I mean what's the point of buying Marvel if Disney is not using it to the fullest.

BANNED

Four pages in, and I honestly can't figure out what 'mool's complaint is. Can someone summarize it for me? Something about Iron Man not winning an Oscar?
    How about the fact that it's a Marvel themed comic and that it should be celebrated on both sides of the issue ?

I mean what's the point of buying Marvel if Disney is not using it to the fullest.
    Making oscar winning hit movies out of seemingly worthless properties IS using Marvel to the fullest.

How about the fact that it's a Marvel themed comic and that it should be celebrated on both sides of the issue ?
    Why??? It's not like Marvel celebrates every single Disney product or vice versa. It's not like Marvel was doing anything with Big Hero 6 or had any plans to do so or that it was intrinsically part of Marvel 616 with decades of history and interaction and tie-ins. Another division wanted it, and Marvel basically gave it to them. I really don't see what is the big deal?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    according to his facebook, chris claremont had a very vested interest in big hero 6 winning last evening. especially since DOFP was robbed by that horrible interstellar movie.
    Now, I understand this, because Claremont is obviously losing out on royalties from his work not getting reprinted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Now, I understand this, because Claremont is obviously losing out on royalties from his work not getting reprinted.
    And yet who's fault is that ?

And yet who's fault is that ?
    A combination of Marvel's decision making and the direct market's indifference towards the comic book version of Big Hero 6.

Mighty Member

Does anyone feel like we're only about a year away from #Marvelgate?

We are in for some dark and depressing times, wherein we congratulate the thing we love on its success, while others among us poison it from within.

BANNED

Does anyone feel like we're only about a year away from #Marvelgate?

We are in for some dark and depressing times, wherein we congratulate the thing we love on its success, while others among us poison it from within.
    Part two, given that Part one was in the 90's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Also, Disney wanted Marvel to stop doing Big Hero 6 comics stuff because they didn't want their movie versions of the characters conflicting with the comic versions.
    You say this like they were making any in the first place.

It doesn't really say anything about marvel. Marvel didn't promote the film BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T MAKE THE MOVIE.

DISNEY DID.

This is apparently a concept impossible for people to understand.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 02-23-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Language

They are. I don't know how to put this nicely but comics themselves are not why they bought Marvel. Comics are not a big income generator by any stretch of imagination and are only read by a small sliver of the public. Things like TV and movie adaptations? Toys and merchandise? Those are the big money makers and that's what Disney is interested in, not making Big Hero 6 comics.

They could care less if kids have any interest in reading the BH6 comic by Claremont.

BANNED

That general movie audience don't care what comic is a best seller or who is a-list. All they want is an entertaining story. Some Comic readers are mad because they only want success for A-listers. Notice how general Audiences accept something then comic readers are more open to accepting it.

When all readers had to do in the first place is be open to characters that aren't A-list. And we know how hard that is to do.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They are. I don't know how to put this nicely but comics themselves are not why they bought Marvel. Comics are not a big income generator by any stretch of imagination and are only read by a small sliver of the public. Things like TV and movie adaptations? Toys and merchandise? Those are the big money makers and that's what Disney is interested in, not making Big Hero 6 comics.

They could care less if kids have any interest in reading the BH6 comic by Claremont.
    QFT. Even the best Marvel comic sells what, around 100,000 monthly? Disney made hundreds of millions on the movie.

Now on the other side of the ledger, Marvel publishing got a windfall from Disney when they bought Star Wars and now Marvel had a million units sold on that comic. I doubt it will hold up though but Marvel made some money from Disney buying the IP, promoting it and making a new movie. So is anyone complaining about that?