Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stazz View Post
    If it was just ONE of these things, it'd be something, but how can you get invested in an idea if a writer won't fully commit to it? I would have just been happy if Batman DID know who the Joker was. I don't personally need to know. It could be something kept between the two of them for some reason, and there'd be some nice symmetry NOW especially since Joker know's who Batman is.
    What if Snyder is invested in Batman having ideas (questions) he doesn't have the answer to? What if Snyder is invested in the idea of: fear of the unknown.

Seems you & Snyder may want different things, fundamentally. I'm enjoying it because I'm invested in the fears Batman is having because his Batgodness doesn't have all the answers...he wins, but never fully due to the ideas that linger. Gotham and its Red Hoods and Jokers and Wayne brothers always elusive, like justice in the world....always a mystery out there left to be solved.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-25-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    So, where is Damian?
    Dog-sitting Clifford the Big Red Dog.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Dog-sitting Clifford the Big Red Dog.
    Already? Pretty sure he kick the ass of some of Batman's new helpers this last week.

If this wasn't Batman, it would absolutely astound me how this was DC's bestselling title or how fans lap it up like the best thing since sliced bread. But again, its Batman so I get it on those grounds. In every other aspect though outside the art? SMH. I'm not offended by the maiming or anything but I mean, I just don't get people blast DC for being gimmicky but eat up this title when its probably the most gimmicky writing in the entire line.

Early to mid Court of Owls this book was all it was cracked up to be. Its been downhill every since though and I can't remember a more overrated title now. Seems like the more freedoms Snyder gained the worse things got. As a result this is probably the first criticism I've had with Doyle as editor; its time to reel Snyder back in.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-25-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Thought this was one of the weaker issues in the arc. The pacing felt a little off and it didn't read as smoothly. Also him wanting to cut off Alfred's hand just felt cheap to me, but Synder is a horror writer first and foremost so he likes these sort of things. Capullo is still great though and carried this issue for me.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If this wasn't Batman, it would absolutely astound me how this was DC's bestselling title or how fans lap it up like the best thing since sliced bread. But again, its Batman so I get it on those grounds. In every other aspect though outside the art? SMH. I'm not offended by the maiming or anything but I mean, I just don't get people blast DC for being gimmicky but eat up this title when its probably the most gimmicky writing in the entire line.

Early to mid Court of Owls this book was all it was cracked up to be. Its been downhill every since though and I can't remember a more overrated title now. Seems like the more freedoms Snyder gained the worse things got.
    Comics are gimmicky. This is summer blockbuster fare as Snyder said it was, horror blockbuster fare per Snyder's tastes. I think he's good at making the reader feel this is different this time, than all the other Joker battles. I think his themes are pretty well executed in his run. Mortality and uncertainty and Batman vs Gotham and its evolving recalibrating nature. It's an interesting gathering off fresh and old themes and ideas and emphases. It's a bit meta and deconstructing too.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-25-2015 at 03:32 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Edhellman View Post
    Spoilers

I'm confused.. I know joker got shot by Alfred, but his mouth was wounded on that side on the page beforehand. How did that happen and how did he lose half his hair? We saw him last issue unharmed with his full hair on top (sides not included). Did I miss something?
    I was wondering about this myself. I thought maybe it was from being shot by Gordon but I didn't recall if we saw him afterwards.

Maybe his condition is simply deteriorating.

Anyway, I enjoyed this issue enough.

Not thrilled about the super villain team up. Their motivations seem more than a little dubious. I'd expect most of them to enjoy watching Gotham burn, but one motivational speech from Bats later, and their ready to expose themselves to the thronging, infected masses, simply to maintain their play schedule with Batman.

The ambiguity in Joker's condition worked for me.

Nice art as always, and a better offering than usual from Mr. Snyder.
    Last edited by ispacehead; 02-25-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Amazing Member

The Joker parade also remined me of Batman 1989. Also I am not sure whether or not I like Batman's villains teaming up with him.
    Last edited by Kristoffera; 02-25-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I actually enjoyed this issue.

I love the Joker parading all of Batman's trophies.
    that page was amazing

This issue was all kinds of good. The Snyderisms were taken right to the edge, but didn't fall over like some issues.

ANd I have been raving about the art forever, and I am going to just say it: This is in the top 5 best art on Batman comics ever.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I was wondering about this myself. I thought maybe it was from being shot by Gordon but I didn't recall if we saw him afterwards.

Maybe his condition is simply deteriorating.

Anyway, I enjoyed this issue enough.

Not thrilled about the super villain team up. Their motivations seem more than a little dubious. I'd expect most of the to enjoy watching Gotham burn, but one motivational speech from Bats later, and their ready to expose themselves to the thronging, infected masses, simply to maintain their play schedule with Batman.

The ambiguity in Joker's condition worked for me.

Nice art as always, and a better offering than usual from Mr. Snyder.
    In an interview today, Snyder said the wounds on Joker were from the cave's defenses as he broke in. This kinda sums up how even though the art is great, it often feels like key info is left out.. I doubt anyone would have made that leap and figured out that is how he was wounded on one very specific part of the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Edhellman View Post
    In an interview today, Snyder said the wounds on Joker were from the cave's defenses as he broke in. This kinda sums up how even though the art is great, it often feels like key info is left out.. I doubt anyone would have made that leap and figured out that is how he was wounded on one very specific part of the body.
    Yeah, that's pretty lame. Stuff like that should be explained on page.

I was just disappointed to find out this isn't actually the end of Snyder's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I was just disappointed to find out this isn't actually the end of Snyder's run.
    Here here. I actually knew going in... but anyhoo...

On the subject of the super villain team up. I didn't really care for it to begin with but the more I think about it the worse it seems.

The idea that they all met there to commemorate the death of Batman when they didn't even really know he was dead is pretty silly.

Doesn't make them look like the sharpest super villains in the shed.

And then they decide to help Batman???

They're there for cake and ice cream to celebrate his death, and then they decide to help him?!?!?!?!???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I think it's coming. I think they've been persuaded to stay on the title longer than originally planned. I give both Snyder and Capullo another year, and that's it for them on Batman. Maybe less.

BANNED

Not being following the story (nor I have any wish to) I won`t comment on the merits of it`s structure or otherwise. But one little scene made me want to, and since it`s not really related to any hook of this Joker tale, I`m game.

I know Bane is a honorable type of character Mr Snyder, so he would/should help (on his own terms mostly, but he would) but really? Not one single snark about it? Not even a meta reference at how Batman`s own plan of using imnates as distraction isn`t really that original, considering he`s looking at a guy that did it first?

What a missed shot.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-25-2015 at 05:39 PM.