Default Bahamut (Final Fantasy XIV) vs. LoTR Entities

This guy;

---

So taking this version of Bahamut at his "peak"- breaking out of his prison in Dalamud (a rather smallish moon construct)- I'm curious to see how would he do against the Maiar and Valar of Middle Earth.. To make it somewhat more comprehensive, let's look at it from the following:

1. Individual Valar
    2. Assembled Valar
    3. First Age Middle Earth
    4. Individual Maiar
    5. Assembled Maiar

---

So how does he make out?

Note: No need to answer all of the five, any one of them would do.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Tulkas has a new sparring buddy!

Hmm valar created the lotr universe IIRC.Plus in that prhpecy with melkor's return he destroys the moon and the sun.

1.Valar
    2.Valar united(lol)
    3.First age,its got valars in it so they win i guess.
    4.Maiar stand no chance whatsoever
    5.No chance whatsoever for maiar united.(they are strong,but nowhere near close to what bahamut showed)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, so for starters let's look at this guy.

Comparing the size of that thing that fell out of the broken sphere versus the size of the sphere itself, the 'prison' isn't NEARLY on the level of 'three mountains bigger than Everest'. So Ancalagon the Black, this guy isn't.

His carpet bombing trick is pretty devastating. Comparatively, though, razing a rather large section of land is not on the level of 'Sank a large chunk of a continent, gone', which is what happened when the Maiar host (plus Vanyar Eldar plus Noldor Eldar) took on Morgoth's army during the War of Wrath.

So here's how I see it, noting that I'm doing a lot of this via extrapolation, comparison, and so forth. We don't HAVE a lot of feats for individuals, remember.

1. Individual Valar

- Given that any and all Valar are stronger than Maiar, the only issue I see is 'are specific Valar stronger IN COMBAT than top-end Maiar?' I don't, personally, see someone like Vána being able to take on Eönwë in a straight-up fight. The argument could be made, mind, given the difference in power between the Valar and the Maiar. Most certainly ANY of the Valar known for their power (the Aratar) or Valar known to be physically capable or combat-ready should be able to stomp this guy into the ground.

Maybe someone like Vána would have to work, is all.

2. Assembled Valar

- Moving on.

- First Age Middle Earth has, in addition to a host of Eldar led by some serious rear-kickers, Morgoth, Glaurung, Ancalagon, and sundry Balrogs and other drakes. So that's basically that for this guy.

4. Individual Maiar

- There are individual Maiar who could solo this guy. Eönwë, Ossë (dude pulls giant islands around), Melian (top-end Maiar who basically denies Morgoth and his armies entry into a huge swath of land), Arien (defends the Sun successfully against Morgoth's people), presumably others on their level. Sauron, sure.

5. Assembled Maiar

- No worries here, them having been a LARGE part of a group that sank a continent in a struggle.

Milage may vary.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-24-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Just going to say that it's pretty easy to underestimate some of the beings from Tolkien's works. Everyone is used to:

1. Lord of the Rings, where the serious stuff is all in the past or off-camera because Tolkien wasn't writing that kind of thing;
    2. Jackson's movies...well, everyone knows my opinions by now.

The fact is, some pretty serious stuff went down all through the First Age, parts of the Second, and even in a few places in the Third.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Okay, so for starters let's look at this guy.

Comparing the size of that thing that fell out of the broken sphere versus the size of the sphere itself, the 'prison' isn't NEARLY on the level of 'three mountains bigger than Everest'. So Ancalagon the Black, this guy isn't.

His carpet bombing trick is pretty devastating. Comparatively, though, razing a rather large section of land is not on the level of 'Sank a large chunk of a continent, gone', which is what happened when the Maiar host (plus Vanyar Eldar plus Noldor Eldar) took on Morgoth's army during the War of Wrath.

So here's how I see it, noting that I'm doing a lot of this via extrapolation, comparison, and so forth. We don't HAVE a lot of feats for individuals, remember.

1. Individual Valar

- Given that any and all Valar are stronger than Maiar, the only issue I see is 'are specific Valar stronger IN COMBAT than top-end Maiar?' I don't, personally, see someone like Vána being able to take on Eönwë in a straight-up fight. The argument could be made, mind, given the difference in power between the Valar and the Maiar. Most certainly ANY of the Valar known for their power (the Aratar) or Valar known to be physically capable or combat-ready should be able to stomp this guy into the ground.

Maybe someone like Vána would have to work, is all.

2. Assembled Valar

- Moving on.

- First Age Middle Earth has, in addition to a host of Eldar led by some serious rear-kickers, Morgoth, Glaurung, Ancalagon, and sundry Balrogs and other drakes. So that's basically that for this guy.

4. Individual Maiar

- There are individual Maiar who could solo this guy. Eönwë, Ossë (dude pulls giant islands around), Melian (top-end Maiar who basically denies Morgoth and his armies entry into a huge swath of land), Arien (defends the Sun successfully against Morgoth's people), presumably others on their level. Sauron, sure.

5. Assembled Maiar

- No worries here, them having been a LARGE part of a group that sank a continent in a struggle.

Milage may vary.
    Never knew maiar were that powerful.

Just going to say that it's pretty easy to underestimate some of the beings from Tolkien's works. Everyone is used to:

1. Lord of the Rings, where the serious stuff is all in the past or off-camera because Tolkien wasn't writing that kind of thing;
    2. Jackson's movies...well, everyone knows my opinions by now.

The fact is, some pretty serious stuff went down all through the First Age, parts of the Second, and even in a few places in the Third.
    Yeah, I knew they were powerful from some of your old conversations, I was just curious.

Though I will admit I assumed he'd at least stand a bit of a chance, since the end result of his tirade was to actually wreck most of the continent with a single attack, and even alter the geography. The reason he was eventually resealed- he resealed himself- was because of the energy he'd wasted and the damage he ended up taking from muscling through the spell that was used to attempt resealing him (Twelve Gods acting at once to bind him). Louisoix (the old fella in the video doing all the super magic), was ultimately forced to cast a spell that temporarily dimension dump everyone that wasn't dead, to save them.

But from what you've just mentioned... Obviously, Cthulhu has underestimated LoTR deities.

EDIT: Map of Eorzea
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

From the video, it didn't look like he wrecked as much as a continent - looked like a big swath of land and a city. But if that's the case, some of the things would go differently.

Not all of them, mind.

From the video, it didn't look like he wrecked as much as a continent - looked like a big swath of land and a city. But if that's the case, some of the things would go differently.

Not all of them, mind.
    It's in the video briefly. It's when he breaks the seal and the old guy d-dumps everyone, then the screen goes black and picks back up in a forest. The d-dump flung everyone on the battlefield 5 years forward in time, well after the continent had been "healed" by the latent magic in the land. Hence the sudden shift from him releasing an attack- to which the Old Guy presumably dies- to the continent being "not completely ruined".

Weird thing about Bahamut's rampage, is that it ends one game and starts another. The video is a summary of what happened during the Battle of Carteneau- the end of FFXIV. Which is basically:

- Entire continent goes to war, and during the fight, the "moon" falls.

- Bahamut wakes up and beings the Seventh Umbral Era (periods of time that come after cataclysms that reshape the continent. The sixth, for example was a massive flood that happened 1,500 years prior. Fifth was an Ice-Age. The Forth wiped out an entire civilization, etc, etc.) by wrecking most of the continent and reshaping the bits that weren't wrecked in his attack.

- Old guy flings everyone on the battlefield into the rift (d-dump) which then flings them 5 years forward. He dies in the explosion.

- 5 years later, the continent has "healed" but isn't anywhere near the same as it had been.. and no one really remember what happened to cause it.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

I've played some FFXIV and from what I recall if Bahamut was trying to wreck the planet he did a fairly poor job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I've played some FFXIV and from what I recall if Bahamut was trying to wreck the planet he did a fairly poor job of it.
    Guess he should of called vegeta ^^ hehe

Not all of them, mind.
    Yes, Bahamut wrecked an entire continent in one shot. The only reason it isn't a giant wasteland is because Phoenix kicked his ass and healed the land afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Nah, not the planet. He just blew up the continent of Eorzea.

Arx Inosaan