BANNED

Default Thors - Jason Aaron & Chris Spouse!

Hot sauce:

Over his history in the Marvel Universe, the Mighty Thor has had more than a few alternate identities. The Thor Frog. Thunderstrike. And now the mystery woman who's taken on the mantle.

But for the first time, fans will be seeing many of those different thundergods collide with the June launch of Marvel's latest "Secret Wars" event tie-in: Jason Aaron and Chris Sprouse's "Thors."

The book will bring together the various Thors of many realities including Beta Ray Bill and the Ultimate Universe Thor. "This is not about the apocalypse, it’s about closing cases,"the writer told Marvel.com of the series pitch. "This is basically me doing a cop story, but with hammers instead of guns. This is me getting to do 'Homicide: Life on the Street' with lots of cosmic cops. It’s every version of Thor you can imagine, all walking beats, solving murders, getting yelled at by their commissioner and blowing off steam at their local Thor-cop bar."

Set on the "Secret Wars" hybrid reality called Battleworld, "Thors" will have strong connections to Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic's event. "This book is probably more of a direct tie-in to the main 'Secret War' series than a lot of the other tie-ins you’ll see, in that the role of the Thors is something that is set-up quite extensively in 'Secret Wars' #2," Aaron said. "We’ll be seeing a few different corners of Battleworld in this series. The Thors go where the action is.

"In the first issue, our Thors pick up a doozy of a murder case, one that sends them all scrambling," the writer added. "And ultimately has a few of them asking questions that may shake the foundations of everything they think they know."
    Ultimate Thor name mentioned by Aaron in CBR press.

Ultimate Thor's glorious return is more than confirmed now!
    Last edited by Drz; 02-23-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Oh holy crap. Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Yes.

I hope this means Hickman will get his hands on Ultimate Thor, too. But this is still some freaking fantastic news.

(Did I mention YES?)

EDIT:

This bit in the interview stands out to me:

That being said, Aaron is careful in the Marvel interview to qualify Thors as "more of a direct tie-in" to the main Secret Wars than other tie-in series, pointing to Thors coming directly out of Secret Wars #2.
    I'd say that all but confirms Ultimate Thor's appearance in Secret Wars #2 as we had hoped and predicted. Hickman Thor is back!!

Do you lack faith brother... or do you believe?

He's back!
    We need better comics

Secondary thoughts:

1) I wonder what this means for U Thor in Bendis's The End mini. I had kind of hoped that mini would feature a reunited Ultimates team, though I'm not exactly saddened over the thought of Bendis not writing Ultimate Thor again. I think Hickman and Aaron are both much better suited for U Thor.

2) YES!

3) This opens up the possibility of even more surprise appearances from Ultimate characters. Thor is probably the only one who really makes sense to have in a separate mini, based on the current state of the UU, but we can always hope!

BANNED

BANNED

Ult Thor? Back? Gosh. Who could've called that one?

Seriously though, this is great news. I'm so glad Thor's making it out the other side of the incursion, and hopefully this means we'll see many more Ult characters make the jump.

At some point it will be brought up that The Maker destroyed Asgard and all other Thor's will want Reed's head. Our Reed is so screwed.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    At some point it will be brought up that The Maker destroyed Asgard and all other Thor's will want Reed's head. Our Reed is so screwed.
    Holy shite this needs to happen! An army of Thors vs the Maker.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Ult Thor? Back? Gosh. Who could've called that one?

Seriously though, this is great news. I'm so glad Thor's making it out the other side of the incursion, and hopefully this means we'll see many more Ult characters make the jump.
    Ive pretty sure every single Marvel character is back from the dead for Secret Wars. The real question is what happens after the miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Ive pretty sure every single Marvel character is back from the dead for Secret Wars. The real question is what happens after the miniseries.
    Wouldn't it be a pretty awesome swan song for the UU if Secret Wars brought back the dead Ultimate heroes even if for their final stand on Battleworld? Like just imagine Ultimate Logan clashing with Planet Hulk or Ultimate Cyclops fighting side by side with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wouldn't it be a pretty awesome swan song for the UU if Secret Wars brought back the dead Ultimate heroes even if for their final stand on Battleworld? Like just imagine Ultimate Logan clashing with Planet Hulk or Ultimate Cyclops fighting side by side with Jean.
    *Exterior, Triskelion*

The heroes of the Ultimate Universe have been holding off the onslaught on their side of Manhattan for days. Dozens are killed or wounded, even more are missing. Fires rage all around, seeming to burn even the water around the headquarters that once stood as a beacon of hope for all those who had lived through countless Earth-threatening disasters. Would this be the final one? Jimmy wondered as he looked around, unable to see but a few feet ahead of him through the thick, black smoke.

Above, the few Ultimates who remained able - Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye... maybe Captain America? but he couldn't tell for sure - fought with everything they had left. He could still hear both Spider-Men doing their everything to save who they could, still somehow cracking jokes to feign optimism in this hour of hopelessness. As far as he knew, the Fantastic Four - or, at least, the three who hadn't cause this, who were still heroes - were still defending against the monstrous horde below, but contact had been lost hours ago. All around him, the other heroes fought the endless waves of this final battle. But here, in the heat of it, were Jimmy and his X-Men, few as they now were.

Jimmy got back to his feet. Fear wasn't a factor anymore. He had survived terrorist attacks, internment camps, and a 200 foot tall alien, to say nothing of what those around him had seen. He might die today, he knew that. But he also knew that death could mean saving others, just like it had for his father. Now on his feet, he turned and faced Rabum Alal, who seemed to be laughing at the futility of the heroes as they fell to his distractions. Baring his claws for one final attack, Jimmy was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"Step aside, Kid. I've got this one."

*SNIKT*

Ahead of him ran either a man or an animal - he couldn't tell - full of rage and soaking wet, as if he had just crawled out of the bay. Could it be?... no, he had to stop himself from thinking that. It was impossible. But all of a sudden, things seemed to change. A blinding flash covered the sky, and he could feel that they were somehow winning now. When his sight returned, he saw the fiery shape of a bird. And in its light - or perhaps from its light - scores of once dead heroes joined the fight.

/fanfiction

Wolverine12, that one's for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    *Exterior, Triskelion*

The heroes of the Ultimate Universe have been holding off the onslaught on their side of Manhattan for days. Dozens are killed or wounded, even more are missing. Fires rage all around, seeming to burn even the water around the headquarters that once stood as a beacon of hope for all those who had lived through countless Earth-threatening disasters. Would this be the final one? Jimmy wondered as he looked around, unable to see but a few feet ahead of them through the thick, black smoke.

Above, the few Ultimates who remained able - Iron Man, Thor, Hawkeye... maybe Captain America? but he couldn't tell for sure - fought with everything they had left. He could still hear both Spider-Men doing their everything to save who they could, still somehow cracking jokes to feign optimism in this hour of hopelessness. As far as he knew, the Fantastic Four - or, at least, the three who hadn't cause this, who were still heroes - were still defending against the monstrous horde below, but contact had been lost hours ago. All around him, the other heroes fought the endless waves of this final battle. But here, in the heat of it, were Jimmy and his X-Men, few as they now were.

Jimmy got back to his feet. Fear wasn't a factor anymore. He had survived terrorist attacks, internment camps, and a 200 foot tall alien, to say nothing of what those around him had seen. He might die today, he knew that. But he also knew that death could mean saving others, just like it had for his father. Now on his feat, he turned and faced Rabum Alal, who seemed to be laughing at the futility of the heroes as they fell to his distractions. Baring his claws for one final attack, Jimmy was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"Step aside, Kid. I've got this one."

*SNIKT*

Ahead of him ran either a man or an animal - he couldn't tell - full of rage and soaking wet, as if he had just crawled out of the bay. Could it be?... no, he had to stop himself from thinking that. It was impossible. But all of a sudden, things seemed to change. A blinding flash covered the sky, and he could feel that they were somehow winning now. When his sight returned, he saw the fiery shape of a bird. And in its light - or perhaps from its light - scores of once dead heroes joined the fight.

/fanfiction

Wolverine12, that one's for you.
    Single tear. That would be pretty awesome for me.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.