Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: All-New Captain America, #4

Sam Wilson's shield-slinging adventure continues as writer Rick Remender and artist Stuart Immonen launch Baron Zemo's master plan in "Captain America" #4.

Full review here.

Spectacular Member

This issue also showed that Sam is going to have a very hard time trying to be Captain America. If Sam hadn't been able to sway Armadillo to his cause he would have been ground into the mud by him and or torn to pieces by Cobra. He better figure out how to do things because without the super soldier serum Sam is sorely lacking as the new Captain America.

Fantastic Member TrooperCameron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    This issue also showed that Sam is going to have a very hard time trying to be Captain America. If Sam hadn't been able to sway Armadillo to his cause he would have been ground into the mud by him and or torn to pieces by Cobra. He better figure out how to do things because without the super soldier serum Sam is sorely lacking as the new Captain America.
    I think Sam could have opened his wings to escape Cobra's grip, or call redwing or some other random birds to peck at Cobra's eyes.

. He better figure out how to do things because without the super soldier serum Sam is sorely lacking as the new Captain America.
    My thoughts exactly. He needs to figure it out FAST too

Where is this idea that Steve only ever beat bad guys using his muscles coming from? Sam talking Armadillo into turning against HYDRA is just as much a feat as punching him out; it shows Captain America's fists aren't his only weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Where is this idea that Steve only ever beat bad guys using his muscles coming from? Sam talking Armadillo into turning against HYDRA is just as much a feat as punching him out; it shows Captain America's fists aren't his only weapons.
    So true . Steve , and Sam are better than that .

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SupaHood View Post
    So true . Steve , and Sam are better than that .
    Exactly! Both know how to use their brains and strategy to get out of a tough spot.

By the way, is Steve's adopted son really dead? Seriously?

Extraordinary Member

Sam swaying Armadillo to his cause shows exactly why he's a hero, it's more than just being able to beat people up. I'm actually interested to see more of Armadillo. This series just gets better and better.

Spectacular Member

I suppose it is possibly that after slitting his throat Zemo gave Ian first aid and is holding him until he might need him as a hostage. Strategy...right, except Sam never had any sort of military training or experience like Steve had. I suppose his social aid worker background has given him more experience in talking to people. Of course there is no way the new diversity agenda at Marvel will let Sam fail at anything now that he is the new Cap.

Sorry guys, but I just hate what Marvel has done to Steve Rogers and in the Avengers books have made him into a bitter, hateful old man.