69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right!

55 79.71%
  • Wrong!

14 20.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Default Scott Summers Was Wrong: 15 Reasons

Came across this BuzzFeed article today and thought it was a neat little chronological progression of Cyclops over the years. Includes some classic stuff of which I, as a '90s fan, wasn't really aware.

A few highlights:

Surprisingly, the article doesn't include Scott Summers' support of child soldiers following Decimation. That is, after all, the thin basis of the supposed "Schism." I guess it's just because the use of child soldiers is actually a proud X-Men tradition dating all the way back to Xavier himself, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Buzzfeed is always good for a laugh.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Default QA.PNG
    LOL, still hating from beyond banishment.
    erase.jpg
    ^This person says it best.^

@Starleaf, the guy in the Schism article also goes bias with comments like:
    "To save the day, Scott allows one of the X-babies to kill people, ignoring Wolverine's objections and basic morality.", not mentioning that Wolverine took a day off ignoring Scott's warning, or that she killed because otherwise a museum full off people was going to get blown to smithereens.
    Ignoring canon makes for poor arguments.
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 02-23-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Came across this BuzzFeed article today and thought it was a neat little chronological progression of Cyclops over the years. Includes some classic stuff of which I, as a '90s fan, wasn't really aware.

Surprisingly, the article doesn't include Scott Summers' support of child soldiers following Decimation. That is, after all, the thin basis of the supposed "Schism." I guess it's just because the use of child soldiers is actually a proud X-Men tradition dating all the way back to Xavier himself, lol.
    Yeah, young adults as X-Men is a fine tradition.

What no 'I think both sides are wrong?' option for the poll the pole? ;-)

Spectacular Member

You do realize that scan number two show Cyclop's saving Wolverine from a life as an emotional cripple? That alone shows this list is crap.

that whole thing was crap, it's a one sided view on everything. plus have of those facts are wrong, he took stories out of context as well to make his point, which is a poor one at that. wow, just wow.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

I saw the original crap article last week in my Facebook timeline.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Just noticed it's a year old. Meh.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Some of these are a bit out of context, but the rest hit the nail on the head.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Yeah, young adults as X-Men is a fine tradition.

What no 'I think both sides are wrong?' option for the poll? ;-)
    Yeah, I considered a third poll option, but couldn't really come up with a good way to put it, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I was looking forward to a list of reasons why current Cyclops is wrong in his approach to matters. This is complete BS.

Seems about right to me.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

While could be humorous and partial this article highlight some stuff that had already come out often in these board, sometimes even from Cyclopist:
    a) Cyclop is lousy companion for a girl. Perhaps due his awkward personality that compensate with the pathological need to please a father figure due to abbandoment issues but reamin a fact that the man had no idea how women work, how relations work or even how friendship work.
    b) Cyclop self esteem seem to be a rollercoast, hinting a borderline disfunction, and need constant re-assuring that everythign is ok. Usually this means that he had to be the man in charge. ALWAYS.

BANNED

Can we just agree to disagree, some people have a burning hatred for cyclops and headcannons that are so biased that is impossible to argue with them. Cyclops is not a perfect character at all, he is a very flawed individual that does his best to help and protect the people that he cares about and the mutant race against. Most of the times he is against impossible odds and still manages to pull a win despite fighting enemies such as the avengers. I think from his inception he works as a counterpart to character with cool powers, he can't control his own and they are sometimes kind of lame, so writers have to focus on character development to write compelling stories about him.

Look, most people are just jealous that he fills out blue spandex better than them...