Default AUNT MAY PARKER Appreciation

Fantastic Member

It's waaaaaaaaay past time for her to bite the big one. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    WHY in the world would you say that???

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Cool that some people (not quantifying) still like Aunt May but I am sure their are lots of us that see her job as done, Peters raised and she seems to make a mess of things.

I know I shouldn't mention it since the tone of these boards has been estabilished as positive rather than whiny but OMD having Aunt May survive while Peters whole progression didn't makes her an easy character to want gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Cool that some people (not quantifying) still like Aunt May but I am sure their are lots of us that see her job as done, Peters raised and she seems to make a mess of things.

I know I shouldn't mention it since the tone of these boards has been estabilished as positive rather than whiny but OMD having Aunt May survive while Peters whole progression didn't makes her an easy character to want gone.
    She is her own character, May doesn't need to be a plot devise that only revolves around Peter's life. I would like for her to receive a certain high position in comics or possibly achieve powers on her own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post

May served an integral part in the early years with Peter as a teenager/young man, but IMHO she really doesn't factor very much in his life anymore. She's "died" three times already and unnecessarily been brought back. I feel it is finally time for her to pass on, but of course do it in a meaningful way.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Because it's time.

May was very important in the beginning but now she's just beyond unnecessary. They should kill her off for good and let her rest in peace.

May is still essential to the series as the strongest connection to Peter Parker before he was Spider-Man. She's also the only one in the supporting cast who knew his parents.

It's also typical for a man in his twenties to have some older relatives, so it would be unusual for someone Peter's age to not have any parental figure.

An elderly relative can also be an effective story engine/ complication.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    May is still essential to the series as the strongest connection to Peter Parker before he was Spider-Man. She's also the only one in the supporting cast who knew his parents.

It's also typical for a man in his twenties to have some older relatives, so it would be unusual for someone Peter's age to not have any parental figure.

An elderly relative can also be an effective story engine/ complication.
    Indeed. The calls for Aunt May to die are always rooted in a desire for Peter to 'move on with his life'. She does, however, serve a purpose even now that simply can't be replaced.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    That would kill Pete.

I think this classic announcement shows why Aunt May is such a great character.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mar.../1100-6207217/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Long live Aunt May.

She's in a pretty good place right now, remarried and close enough for Peter to go see her but not so close that she has a big influence on his day to day life.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.