Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I loved Brubaker's work on Batman and I've followed him to many of his other projects.

I used to actively post on the message boards on DC's official website in the early 2000s. I was around at the time when Larry Hama was removed from the Batman book and replaced with Brubaker. To say Hama's run was disliked is a huge understatement, and everyone was very excited about Ed's run beginning. Ed was even kind enough to join us on the message boards and answer several fan questions and interact with us.

Interesting fact about Brubaker's run: his first five issues (582-586) were just a trial run. It wasn't certain he would continue on the main Batman book after that. 587 was scripted by Rucka and part of Officer Down (Brubaker did write a chapter of Officer Down in Robin 86). After that, Brian K Vaughan got a 3 issue arc in 588-590, and then Brubaker's run finally "officially" started in 591.
    Last edited by kevink31593; 03-14-2016 at 04:21 AM.

I loved Cap and Sleeper. I loved his Batman Books. I'll go against popular opinion on Gotham Central.

I actually think Brubaker is the better writer over all for me but on Gotham Central I loved the issues by Rucka and didn't enjoy the ones by Brubaker.

Incredible Member

Finished Batman by Brubaker vol 1 today but got to admit I didnt really enjoy it (which is a shame as I liked his Captain America & Catwoman runs a lot). Aside from Scott McDaniels art (which I have never been a fan of) I found it a bit uninspired that we got not one but TWO previously unmentioned old friends of Bruce Wayne (Mallory & Jeremy Samuels) showing up in the story

Hopefully another volume will be better (since its volume 1 I assume a volume 2 is on the way)
    Last edited by JAG2045; 03-17-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I liked Brubaker's Batman a lot, especially the first volume of his Catwoman run.