BANNED

Default Dragon's Dogma Online

Free-to-play Dragon's Dogma MMO. So far Capcom has said it's a Japanese only game.

Last edited by simbob4000; 02-24-2015 at 07:32 AM.

BANNED

Last edited by simbob4000; 02-24-2015 at 07:28 AM.

This game worries me. As much as I liked Dragon's Dogma, (best RPG to come out of Japan last gen, IMO) Capcom isn't known for their restraint when it comes to DLC and this is the type of game that can easily be ruined by too much nickel-and-dime shit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    This game worries me. As much as I liked Dragon's Dogma, (best RPG to come out of Japan last gen, IMO) Capcom isn't known for their restraint when it comes to DLC and this is the type of game that can easily be ruined by too much nickel-and-dime shit.
    Yeah, it being a free-to-play game from Capcom is somewhat worrying. Dragon's Dogma was so great, it would be a shame to see them mess it up with an online game.

Since you put that qualifier on it, what do you think the best RPG of the last generation was? For me it was Dragon's Dogma; but I missed out on some PC stuff I've heard good things about, like Divinity: Original Sin.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Yeah, it being a free-to-play game from Capcom is somewhat worrying. Dragon's Dogma was so great, it would be a shame to see them mess it up with an online game.

Since you put that qualifier on it, what do you think the best RPG of the last generation was? For me it was Dragon's Dogma; but I missed out on some PC stuff I've heard good things about, like Divinity: Original Sin.
    Divinity is a bit recent to count as last-gen, (but it does stomp on damn near every RPG to come out in the past decade). As far as last-gen games go, I'd put Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Deus Ex, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls on top.

BANNED

Divinity is a bit recent to count as last-gen, (but it does stomp on damn near every RPG to come out in the past decade). As far as last-gen games go, I'd put Witcher 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Deus Ex, Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls on top.
    It's been a while since I've played Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I didn't much care for it, only played it for a bit, but I've been thinking of going back a giving it another try since I own the thing. I liked The Witcher 2, but I'm not really sure I would even call it a RPG; it's more like an action adventure game with some light RPG elements in the form of the skill tree. Now Dragon Age is an RPG, but it's got some pretty bad gameplay to it.

BANNED

I hope this game is good. Dragon's Dogma was very underrated. I mean I'm not big mmos. But I may give this a try.

BANNED

Review of the closed beta, gameplay videos in the review and more on that persons YouTube page.

This, and eastern developed MMOs have a bad track record(much more emphasis out on pure grinding), though that might honestly just be Korean MMOs in specific