Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine Broke Time

Hey Everyone,
    Consider the following.
    Back in Age of Ultron Wolverine broke time. Tony Stark said so. Angela appeared; the Original X-Men showed up; Galactus is seem by Miles Morales; Blackbeard the Pirate was bombarded with cosmic rays; Spidy 2099 is hanging around; changes in the time stream have lasting effects instead of automatically creating alternate timelines. And then nothing.

Now, Hickman is destroying everything (everything dies; time runs out; secret wars) but the next Avengers movie is Age of Ultron. Also, the Apocalypse twins were sent to kill Colonel America when time was altered by Wolverine and the Invisible Woman.

Is any of this related? Does it matter? If AoU was so terrible (and it was) why use it for a movie?

I initially thought AoU was going to be a soft reboot. Marvel Now and whatever other silly subtitles came and went with only cosmetic changes to match the movies.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by popestu; 02-24-2015 at 11:04 PM.
    Hobbes: How will these be so rare and valuable if every kid in America has five copies?
    Calvin: We're all counting on the other guys' moms to throw them away.
    —Calvin and Hobbes

BANNED

Breaking time... What a silly concept. Galactus getting demoted to the ultimate universe. WTF?

Currently MagSeven

I think the "Age of Ultron" has nothing to do with the comics event. It's more of a catchy name for a movie featuring Ultron.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Wolverine didn't break time and space. I mean you think he did but the next Wolverine killed that Wolverine because it was important (so no one would know it was Wolverine that done it), then got erased himself. Now everybody just blames Stark. Seriously, in later books just suddenly everyone in the Universe does, as well as for erasing The Phoenix Force and well, for everything, cause to heck with that Stark dufus. He has exorbitant wealth and cheats on his taxes so..yeah, Stark can take the rap here. And that mustache? Yeah Stark screwed up time and space. Like Wolverine even knows how, psssssshhhhh! You think Tony would be wise enough to at least blame Beast but you know Tony, no class.

And of course. Everything is AoU. Time Runs Out, Secret Wars, Death Of Wolverine, Spider-Verse. All written by Bendis. Slott, Soule and Hickman are just some of his pen names. Bendis actually writes everything. He isn't even human, he's actually a real Ultron. Before that he was Walt Disney's consciousness trapped in his frozen head. He bent space and time (ours) with his powerful immortal Disney imagination and merged several well known companies together, than used his newly attained resources (specifically Jim Henson's Creature Shop and Industrial Light & Magic) to create his real Ultron self and others (Pixar) to make the Bendis persona. " Waltron 3.0 " then began foreseeing comics and films all towards the end goal of spreading his awesome likeness to the masses so they would fear, praise and be humbled by his mighty form and make up for a lifetime of jealously Walt stuffed down inside himself while living in the shadow of " He Who Shall Not Have His Name Typed And Submitted On Public Internet Forums " Naturally Waltron 3.0 inserted extensions of itself directly into the fictional works, and in the case of the Marvel Universe sent the Wolverine (whom in every incarnation is an alternate future descendant of H.W.S.N.H.H.N.T.A.S.O.P.F.), the one character in all of dream space who could contest his power, on fools errands that would eventually lead to his demise and/or removal from continuity, and then proceeded to change events and form a future that would show Waltron 3.0's visages and persona's on every title. This is not literature my friends, it is the new scripture of Waltron 3.0. Two legs good, Waltron legs bah-teer! I mean everything I just typed was sort of injected in there in by connecting the dots I read in comics so it's probably not exactly how the story went. Plus I don't read every comic. Something could have happened in one of those MAX books I didn't read that I missed here.

Really I think it just affected the set-up for Marvel NOW! and maybe there was some foreshadowing of upcoming events. Also it was the catalyst for what went down in the Ultimates universe. Otherwise Hickman already went out his way to establish in great great detail why everything is happening to the Multiverse in his own books (various Avengers titles).
    Last edited by SickAlice; 02-25-2015 at 01:02 AM.
    I make love, you make me sick.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Age of Ultron: The Movie is just a catchy title, and has nothing to do with the comics (an ironic choice considering that AoU stars Wolverine and Sue Storm). Anyway, I can understand why you'd think that AoU was going to be a reboot, but AoU was originally going to be released in 2012 (explaining Cap's costume, Red Hulk's presence, etc), explaining why things are kind of weird in AoU.
    Have you ever heard of Tony's map? In the Heroic Age, Tony Stark has a map, which predicts future events (via knowledge gained in the future) things such as AoU, Fear Itself, etc. Now I may be misremembering, but the last thing on Tony's map was 'Everything Ends'. Which is the tagline of Time Runs Out and Secret Wars. I can't find a picture of the map, but I'm sure that someone will post it. In summary, is it connected-definitely.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Age of Ultron: The Movie is just a catchy title, and has nothing to do with the comics (an ironic choice considering that AoU stars Wolverine and Sue Storm). Anyway, I can understand why you'd think that AoU was going to be a reboot, but AoU was originally going to be released in 2012 (explaining Cap's costume, Red Hulk's presence, etc), explaining why things are kind of weird in AoU.
    Have you ever heard of Tony's map? In the Heroic Age, Tony Stark has a map, which predicts future events (via knowledge gained in the future) things such as AoU, Fear Itself, etc. Now I may be misremembering, but the last thing on Tony's map was 'Everything Ends'. Which is the tagline of Time Runs Out and Secret Wars. I can't find a picture of the map, but I'm sure that someone will post it. In summary, is it connected-definitely.

Now that you mention it, I do remember the map. I also remember Prof. X was edited out because of his accute deadness. I thought Cap's costume and the Red Hulk were due to Superboy Prime punching reality.
    Hobbes: How will these be so rare and valuable if every kid in America has five copies?
    —Calvin and Hobbes

Future-Tony-Time-Line1.jpg

Here is a reference copy
    —Calvin and Hobbes

What if Wolverine going back in time, killing Pym, altering the timeline, going back in time again, killing himself, altering the timeline, and then being the one fingered for breaking time (ignore all the other time travel ever done in Marvel) is all meta-commentary to explain how Wolverine appears in so many books simultaneously?
    I am such a genius!
    —Calvin and Hobbes

iMan 42s

I figured time was broken based on what that other Tony in AOU said. Time is an organism and when you travel through it you punch a hole in it. My guess is that when you do that enough it's like tearing down a wall between two rooms. It just becomes one big room and what was in the former two can now intermingled freely. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's what the incursions are.

So every single time you time travel and or change things you further strain the time stream. Eventually something will come through or it will break. Wolverine didn't cause this, it was a collective effort.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I figured time was broken based on what that other Tony in AOU said. Time is an organism and when you travel through it you punch a hole in it. My guess is that when you do that enough it's like tearing down a wall between two rooms. It just becomes one big room and what was in the former two can now intermingled freely. I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's what the incursions are.

So every single time you time travel and or change things you further strain the time stream. Eventually something will come through or it will break. Wolverine didn't cause this, it was a collective effort.
    Well, yeah, if it's something that does damage every time, then it's got to be better than 99% Kang's fault. After all, how many dozens of time travel journeys, times how many minions and spaceships and so on most of those times?

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by popestu View Post
    What if Wolverine going back in time, killing Pym, altering the timeline, going back in time again, killing himself, altering the timeline, and then being the one fingered for breaking time (ignore all the other time travel ever done in Marvel) is all meta-commentary to explain how Wolverine appears in so many books simultaneously?
    I am such a genius!
    You are, because if you read the book that explained how he actually does it...well the explanation was boring (he basically doesn't rest or something), so yeah, stepping over different periods in the timeline and "appearing" to be all over the place from a linear perspective is pretty creative.

The silly thing is how Tony knew Wolverine did this. The Age Of Ultron was itself two distinct alternate timelines with two Wolverines, neither of whom were the 616 version. The first Wolverine (B), the one who traveled back and killed Pym, and the second Wolverine (C) who traveled back to stop Wolverine (B) from killing Hank Pym. Both of these Wolverines were erased when Pym enacted the plan to stop Ultron at the point he rose to power and the 616 timeline was preserved. Neither resulted in the 616 timeline as it was not an alternate timeline. So why Tony is knew this is silly since neither Wolverine exists that was involved and likewise the incidents were erased from ever happening. It is explained in the wording though...sigh, Tony and hank guessed all of this could only be the logical conclusion as to what happened (looking at AoU#10 right now, yup, afraid so, lol). *Note while I'm using the word timeline it's only to make things a little clearer as WOG insists we would be referring to " events ".
    I make love, you make me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, yeah, if it's something that does damage every time, then it's got to be better than 99% Kang's fault. After all, how many dozens of time travel journeys, times how many minions and spaceships and so on most of those times?
    Kang tends not to mess around with causality, though. His method of time travel, with the branching and so forth, isn't as damaging to the timestream.

If it's anyone's fault, it's Dr. Doom's for creating a means of time travel that could be used to change history and then letting that technology get out into the open where lesser minds could use it irresponsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Kang tends not to mess around with causality, though. His method of time travel, with the branching and so forth, isn't as damaging to the timestream.

If it's anyone's fault, it's Dr. Doom's for creating a means of time travel that could be used to change history and then letting that technology get out into the open where lesser minds could use it irresponsibly.
    It's funny, though, because Doom's original time machine seemed to work to change history, or at least maintain a closed time loop rather than branch off alternate timelines. After all, Ben Grimm always was the one true Blackbeard, right?

And even Kang went by that principle at first... his reign as Rama-Tut in ancient Egypt became part of the archaeological record, although I suppose you could dodge that one by saying that the Earth-616 timeline inhabited by the Fantastic Four was always an alternate timeline generated by his meddling with his original timeline. Then later on when Kang started eliminating his alternate selves, didn't he implicitly stop doing the branching timeline thing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post

If it's anyone's fault, it's Dr. Doom's for creating a means of time travel that could be used to change history and then letting that technology get out into the open where lesser minds could use it irresponsibly

This is what I got out of GOTG (BMB First Arc) he give's a splash page during the galactic counsels meeting and you see , Reed, Beast, Dr. DOom, etc... all those who abused the use of time travel.

Amazing Member

The whole "Wolverine snikting time" thing is really not related to the incursions at all, and was really just a vehicle to enact some changes in a couple of Bendis books and a few select others.