Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    I think it's really imperative that they keep her as updated and current as possible. Usually those are the types of characters that are extremely trendy and reference Pop culture and they get popular because of that but they lose that timelessness of characters like Spider Man and Batman. Spider-Gwen I think is like the belts, buckles and big guns of the early 90s or the Dazzlers of the 80s. Eventually they'll have to reinvent her.
    Exactly, or the trendy ultra violent anti-heroes of the late 1980s through 1990s' such as the original Venom, Punisher and Spawn. All of which eventually ran their course and even in certain cases become self parodying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    A word to the wise here; Obviously, you like the variant, or you wouldn't have spent so much for it. But you need to sell it now if you can still break even. In a few months,
    something else will be the new thing everybody wants, and Spider-Gwen will start to fall in line with every other book. At some point, the bottom is going to fall out of the variants
    (and also the EOSV issues). Whenever that happens, you will be able to pick up another copy for a lot less money. If you hold onto it at the price you paid, you'll never be able
    to sell it for close to that once demand goes away. If you're okay with that, that's fine. I wonder how you will feel seeing the same thing selling for $5-10 in the not-too-far
    future, though.
    While I do agree and appreciate your offering of advise, I purchased my copies for my own enjoyment and appreciation of the cover art. I am not a speculator and I can count on one hand the amount of times I have flipped a book

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    That's all part of the speculating game.

I got an EOSV #2 Greg Land cover for $218 and sold it within a week for $325. I got 8 1st prints at cover and sold 4 so far for up to $80 each. I'm sitting on the other 4 for the time being, as well as my other Greg Land variant.

Some of that cash was pumped back into getting signed copies of #1 - its main creators and several of the variant cover artists like Campbell and Hughes. And a new pair of FMPs.
    But you're always flipping them, probably making enough money to offset the cost of books you keep for yourself. That's a lot different than paying $200 for a brand
    new comic with an artificial value assigned to it and keeping it as a collector's item, instead of waiting a while until some other sucker unloads their copy for a lot less.
    That's not what you do, is it? I had the impression that you're always selling high.

007 girl.

But you're always flipping them, probably making enough money to offset the cost of books you keep for yourself. That's a lot different than paying $200 for a brand
    new comic with an artificial value assigned to it
    I still had to gamble the same 'artificial' $200 on that EOSV #2 variant and could have been eating crow if it bombed. But it didn't, it continued to spike. I am keeping my other Greg Land copy as I am a collector too...but it's fun when investing in books helps to pay the comic book bills.

The money I made on Spidey #700 was enough to pay for every issue and variant and signed copy I bought in the current series (15 issues to date) and several silver-age copies in high grade. Thanks to the Midtown variant which went over $100 and I had 23 copies.
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 03-09-2015 at 06:11 PM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

007 girl.

As the regular copy is fairly common, I like the ones that come triple signed by Latour, Robbie & Rico (the guys are also credited on the cover).

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

I think that Spider Gwen has staying power based on the fact that the only reason her series exists is because she was so popular in EOSV #2 that comic fans like us generated enough interest in her character that Marvel had to giver her her own book. The thing that makes this book so great is that the creative team doesn't have to really stick to the same plots & character backgrounds that Spider-Man readers have been stuck with for the past 45+ years. They can pretty much change things around as much as they want to which I think can appeal to both older and newer Spider-Man fans if down right.

Right now Spider Gwen #1 is setting up a very good storyline for her and her universe and I only see the series gettting better. In issue #4 it looks like the creative team is going to do a flashback on the death of Peter Parker which should be interesting.

As the regular copy is fairly common, I like the ones that come triple signed by Latour, Robbie & Rico (the guys are also credited on the cover).

That's nice!! I need one like that to go with my EOSV #2 and first app of Gwen Stacy in ASM #31
    Attached Images Attached Images

007 girl.

Gotta love the original first appearance

Scoping out SG #3 already....this is a variant.

Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 03-09-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Looks like yet another #1 variant is lurking around....Dale Keown

Just when I thought I was done, along comes this beauty...
    #MagnetoWasRight

At some point, the bottom is going to fall out of the variants(and also the EOSV issues)
    I agree with your point about the variants, they usually do, lose tracktion, but I think EOSV #2, will hold up...

I'm sitting on the other 4 for the time being, as well as my other Greg Land variant.
    You wouldn't happen to have an extra one for sale😎
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

A word to the wise here; Obviously, you like the variant, or you wouldn't have spent so much for it. But you need to sell it now if you can still break even. In a few months,
    something else will be the new thing everybody wants, and Spider-Gwen will start to fall in line with every other book. At some point, the bottom is going to fall out of the variants
    (and also the EOSV issues). Whenever that happens, you will be able to pick up another copy for a lot less money. If you hold onto it at the price you paid, you'll never be able
    to sell it for close to that once demand goes away. If you're okay with that, that's fine. I wonder how you will feel seeing the same thing selling for $5-10 in the not-too-far
    future, though.
    The Variant covers might hold up if there was a variant story that's different from the regular issues as stand alone stories...

At least we don't have to worry about the Gold cover variants or Black covers like they used to do in the early 1990's.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    You wouldn't happen to have an extra one for sale��
    Unfortunately, no...just got a single copy left

Finally got around to reading this last night. Not a fan. Already bought issue 2 but won't be getting any more.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Finally got around to reading this last night. Not a fan. Already bought issue 2 but won't be getting any more.
    Try going into #2 with an open mind; I found it far superior to #1.

-Pav, who knows tastes vary of course...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details