Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Green lantern, Flash, Aquaman sub forums?

Why not?. These characters are big and with big franchises enough to warrant their own sub forums. Anyone else agree with me, or would want something like this?
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-17-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Always Rakzo

There used to be a GL subforum but there wasn't enough traffic to justify its existence.

Now however, I think there's enough discussion about it to make it work.

The Flash and Aquaman are not there yet sadly.

I heard the GL one breaks out into alot of heated discussions. I don't see why they can't bring it back. As for Flash and Aquaman I really don't know. I'd love to see an Aquaman one especially with him starring in 2 books now and Flash would have Barry fans and then Wally is coming back. Out of all of them I think GL could last the longest as everyone has their favorites and it's a big concept to talk about and of course GL's are always having events.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

If we get a Flash sub-forum, I know someone who make a great moderator there.

*cough me cough*
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Eh, I don't think they'd get much traffic. I'd rather split the DC Comics board into DC Comics and Justice League.
    BB

There used to be a GL subforum but there wasn't enough traffic to justify its existence.
    Thanks for the confirmation, so I wasnt seeing things after all. I thought I saw it at here some time ago.

The Flash and Aquaman are not there yet sadly.
    I definately think Flash is there,his thread seems popular as is Wally's. And there is a good chance people would want a place to talk about Bart Allen, Jay Garrick, Iris West etc. Add on the new TV Flash show coming up and the rogues. I would bet he would get more traffic than hellboy

As for Aquaman, he has gotten bigger and popular since the relaunch, has got a good supporting cast in Mera, Tula, Aqualad/s and interesting villains in Black Manta, Ocean master.....

How awesome would it be to talk of of all these worlds, in a more organised setting?.
    I admit Im not that much of a GL fan, Im almost clueless of whats happening in his books (I loved the movie and the animated series though, as well as like him in a team setting like Justice league) but I would think he is popular and there is a lot to talk about his world, right?
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-17-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    If we get a Flash sub-forum, I know someone who make a great moderator there.

*cough me cough*
    I'm a bigger Flash fan than you!

Then again, I'm sure that Buried Alien would beat us both.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Eh, I don't think they'd get much traffic. I'd rather split the DC Comics board into DC Comics and Justice League.
    That's how they had The Avengers forum and the Marvels. I still don't know why they took aways the Avengers. Not only to the have alot of books, but it always had traffic.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I'm a bigger Flash fan than you!

Then again, I'm sure that Buried Alien would beat us both.
    Psh, we can be co-moderators.

Buried would probably beat us for it, though.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    That's how they had The Avengers forum and the Marvels. I still don't know why they took aways the Avengers. Not only to the have alot of books, but it always had traffic.
    Yeah, I know. They should have kept them separate and fused the Ultimate board with Marvel Comics.
    BB

I heard that, it was because almost every character ends up in the Avengers team at some point, so in the end it was just like a general marvel comics forum.

I'd love to see an Aquaman one especially with him starring in 2 books now and Flash would have Barry fans and then Wally is coming back.
    Three if you count Justice League.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-17-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Yeah, dropping the Avengers sub-forum was a surprise, but how is it different from the regular Marvel forum, especially these days? It seems everybody and their cousin is a member of at least one Avengers group these days, and do you keep shifting conversations about certain characters back-and-forth between the two sub-forums every time they join or quit an Avengers team? Probably just became too confusing after a while.

As for GL, he had a sub-forum when his movie was in theaters. The movie tanked, and the sub-forum didn't generate enough traffic. They've tried enough times and it FAILED!

Don't expect them to try again until hell freezes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Yeah, I know. They should have kept them separate and fused the Ultimate board with Marvel Comics.
    Ultimate board was with Marvel comics, and they made it a sub forum again a couple weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Ultimate board was with Marvel comics, and they made it a sub forum again a couple weeks ago.
    I know that too. They should have kept it that way.
    The board has three mods for some reason even though nobody talks about the Ultimate Marvel anymore.
    BB

I don't think any of the franchises mentioned in the original post should have a sub forum. Batman and Superman are multimedia giants, and Wonder Woman is a true icon, and my understanding is that the forum's traffic was partially built up by having a celebrity posting there. The Flash and Aquaman certainly don't warrant having one, and Green Lantern, though bigger than those, doesn't, either, especially since it was tried and didn't work. Why should it be better now, especially since the biggest writer in comics is no longer writing any of the titles?