Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Flash does not deserve one, not big enough yet. Same thing with Aequaman.

There should be a Green Lantern and Superman forum tho

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Flash does not deserve one, not big enough yet. Same thing with Aequaman.

There should be a Green Lantern and Superman forum tho
    There is a Superman forum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    There is a Superman forum.
    Oh hot damn, I know where I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    I know that too. They should have kept it that way.
    The board has three mods for some reason even though nobody talks about the Ultimate Marvel anymore.
    We do, but we have our own forum on a different site now.
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Why not?. These characters are big and with big franchises enough to warrant their own sub forums. Anyone else agree with me, or would want something like this?
    Its all about traffic not how big a character is.... GL had a board, Matt and I were the mods. At the time GL had several books and a movie coming out. The traffic was high the first few days and then the movie hit and it went to about 10 people counting the Mods.

Its all about sustained traffic. For a Flash board to exist, the DC board would need to be all about talking about Flash. Then a Flash board would be needed to reduce the clutter and allow for other characters to be discussed. The 2nd thing would need to be for that to be sustainable once moved off the dc board. Thats where GL fell apart. It dominated the DC board but once moved it dropped off as the regulars didnt move with it, they just moved to discussing different characters.

I would try and make threads but never used to get much responses on it back in the day. But a lot of the things that would increase traffic like media exposure from movies, cartoons and stuff are non-existent now. Plus, I kind of fear it will just devolve into threads about hating one Green Lantern and saying "The Emotional Spectrum sucks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Eh, I don't think they'd get much traffic. I'd rather split the DC Comics board into DC Comics and Justice League.
    this might be a better idea although GL might be able too now. Then again the Avengers don't have one anymore and look how many books they have.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Its all about traffic not how big a character is.... GL had a board, Matt and I were the mods. At the time GL had several books and a movie coming out. The traffic was high the first few days and then the movie hit and it went to about 10 people counting the Mods.

Its all about sustained traffic. For a Flash board to exist, the DC board would need to be all about talking about Flash. Then a Flash board would be needed to reduce the clutter and allow for other characters to be discussed. The 2nd thing would need to be for that to be sustainable once moved off the dc board. Thats where GL fell apart. It dominated the DC board but once moved it dropped off as the regulars didnt move with it, they just moved to discussing different characters.

Thanks for the information. I would think lately there has been a lot of talk about the Flash, with the upcoming Flash show and Wally's debut. Fairly, I do understand the GL board had been tried and didnt work out well, but I also think there are some differences that need to be considered. A movie is 2hrs then its gone and gradually forgotten but a (Flash) tv show will at least have a year's season guaranteed and with good performance will get many more, hence likely much more interest and regular contribution from existing and new fans. And I would think the Flash and his world is a lot more accessible to the general fan and even most comic fans than GL is, Imo. All the same, I believe these 3 are potential huge franchises that could use some more space to grow and spread their wings.

Alright how about option number 2, a ONE Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman combined mega sub forum?. This could help reduce a lot of "clutter" associated with these 3 characters in the main DC board, and help other lesser known characters have space, in my view.
    Flash does not deserve one, not big enough yet.
    He is in almost every Justice League animated movie and tv series, is featured in numerous books/crossovers, his supporting cast is popular , is having a TV show for the second time. Will likely be in the Justice League movie. I would think he is considered a DC or superhero A lister. Aquaman is not far behind.
    Last edited by HunterX; 05-17-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neowing View Post
    Flash does not deserve one, not big enough yet. Same thing with Aquaman.
    He is in almost every Justice League animated movie and tv series, is featured in numerous books/crossovers, his supporting cast is popular , is having a TV show for the second time. Will likely be in the Justice League movie. I would think he is considered a DC or superhero A lister. Aquaman is not far behind.
    Count how many threads there are for Flash on the first page, then look at how deep the responses go. You really need more than a few discussions about a character / family to rate a separate subforum, plus how many people will realize it's been created and go there?

Look at how many people are clueless as to the existence of separate Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman subforums.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    plus how many people will realize it's been created and go there?

Look at how many people are clueless as to the existence of separate Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman subforums.
    I think it's kind of hard to miss the existence of a forum, especially since the new CBR really cut down on the number of sub-forums. The poster above who didn't know about the Superman forum was probably new to the site.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Yeah I'm new to this site.

It might be worth re-testing the idea of having a Green Lantern sub-forum again. The GL Universe currently has 5 on-goings (sinestro replacing larfleeze) and a lot of characters that make up their own section of the DCU. There could probably be a whole ton of appreciation threads for various lanterns. A sub-forum for a section with 5 books makes sense when you see boards like Wonder Woman which has 1.5 books yet gets a decent amount of posts and Ultimate Marvel which has 3 books which seems to not get that many posts. No harm in trying for another board anyway. The forum being rebooted gives us a good chance for experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    It might be worth re-testing the idea of having a Green Lantern sub-forum again. The GL Universe currently has 5 on-goings (sinestro replacing larfleeze) and a lot of characters that make up their own section of the DCU. There could probably be a whole ton of appreciation threads for various lanterns. A sub-forum for a section with 5 books makes sense when you see boards like Wonder Woman which has 1.5 books yet gets a decent amount of posts and Ultimate Marvel which has 3 books which seems to not get that many posts. No harm in trying for another board anyway. The forum being rebooted gives us a good chance for experimentation.
    And yet, with the rebooting of the forum, they reduced the number of separate areas.

It's a lame idea that HAS been tried numerous times without any measurable success. How many times do you have to touch a lit burner on a stove before you realize it's not a good idea?

Spectacular Member

Yeah guys. It isn't going to happen. They tried a GL sub forum before and it failed miserably.