Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I agree that I would have liked to see this comic through the direct point of view of Pym and Captain Britain. Watching the horror in their eyes.

Seems like Hickman's rushing to the conclusion instead of really savoring these moments of sheer terror.
    Yeah. I know Secret Wars is coming up but these would have been better if we didn't feel like we are rushing to the finale. Still enjoyed the issue however.

BANNED

Wow for a power like the Beyojders to kill the Celestials and the Living Tribunal and the Captain Britain Corps, minus Spider-man UK, is a threat that can make anyone scared even the Illuminati and the Avengers.

Mighty Member

There IS only one watcher, which is why the watcher fathered a watcher baby with a watcher woman from a race of watchers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    It's not his pure conjecture at all. We've seen the 616 race of Watchers in countless comics over the years.
    Truth. It is a bit obscure but we saw a family of Watchers in the 616 universe in a Thing limited series called Freakshow. It even shows a baby Watcher. IIRC the Skrulls tried to kidnap the Watcher baby.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-25-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Truth. It is a bit obscure but we saw a family of Watchers in the 616 universe in a Thing limited series called Freakshow. It even shows a baby Watcher

Hardly obscure, when Aron the Watcher was a significant FF villain, Uatu's family featured heavily in the volume of FF with Scott Lang and Ms. Thing safeguarding the Future Foundation, and we even saw Ulana and baby Watcher surviving Uatu in Original Sin. Or when the whole origin of the Watcher and Watchers in terms of them being an early race within the 616 universe that tried to help/uplift a planet called Prosilicus eons ago, with the destruction of that planet using the technology they'd provided being the reason for their racial vow of noninterference... and that's even been referenced in a recent Nova storyline, with it being revealed or at least suggested that the reason Uatu likes to look at What If? alternate universes being that his father was the main guy responsible for Prosilicus and Uatu wants to see a universe where things went right.

The race of watchers is in original sin #0 or #1.... You don't have to go back that far. They're not cosmic entities, just a super ancient race of advanced species. They had a conflict about interfering with developing species.....this why they became: WATCHERS

I can't believe this is even a debate...

All-New Member

Do we have any idea who this character is?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rishijoesanu; 02-25-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Fantastic issue. I've been thoroughly enjoying this entire series.

So the Beyonders are killing all the cosmic beings in the multiverse? Curious as to how this squares with what Rabum Alal is doing, which I take to be collapsing universes by colliding them together?

They both seem to be bent on killing the multiverse, but in different ways, and presumably for different purposes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rishijoesanu View Post
    Do we have any idea who this character is?
    Looks like a Mapmaker to me?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    - Hank Pym narrates his story of how he saw the Beyonders in action. T'Challa notices that they don't look like the Beyonder they met before. Pym continues his story but the Avengers don't what he's trying to explain.

- Pym tells the Avengers about his efforts in navigating the multiverse and how he eventually got to a superstation of refugee Builders from hundreds of dead universes. Pym follows the Builders (with their Alephs and Ex Nihili) as they move around the multiverse (the Builders have created a manifold of their own). Pym witnesses the Ex Nihili and the Alephs battle and destroy Mapmakers and the Sidera Maris.

- Brian Braddock comes in and clarifies what Pym was trying to explain to the Avengers. Braddock explains why every single being connected with the Ivory Kings started sharing the same frequency. It's because it was a trap. He explains that the Captain Britain Corps were also investigating the Multiversal collapse and captured a Mapmaker. However, instead of following their harmonics, they created a beacon. The Ivory Kings attacked Starlight Citadel and the Corps were destroyed in a matter of hours.

-Pym explains further that the trap Captain Britain was referring to was laid for the Celestials and not for the lesser beings that discovered it. Pym witnesses one single Beyonder killing the entire race of Celestials in our universe. The battle between the Celestials and the Beyonders leads to the fabric of reality breaking down and Pym witnesses the same battle taking place in various realities.

-Pym then witnesses the Beyonders KILLING THE UNIVERSAL ABSTRACTS (CHAOS/ORDER, ETERNITY e.t.c). Pym manages to get back when Eternity fractures and then he sees the Multiverse take shape in the form of the Living Tribunal and he confronts the Beyonders who eventually kill him. The Living Tribunal's body appears in every single reality.

S%it has officially hit the fan (if it hadn't before).
    Nice review!!!
    I can't believe I WANT to read an Avengers story, but this one seems crazy!!!!! How the hell do you kill abstracts, and Celestials!?!?!?! Guess I'm trade collecting TRO :P
    Anyone tell me which trades I should start with?
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Hardly obscure, when Aron the Watcher was a significant FF villain, Uatu's family featured heavily in the volume of FF with Scott Lang and Ms. Thing safeguarding the Future Foundation, and we even saw Ulana and baby Watcher surviving Uatu in Original Sin. Or when the whole origin of the Watcher and Watchers in terms of them being an early race within the 616 universe that tried to help/uplift a planet called Prosilicus eons ago, with the destruction of that planet using the technology they'd provided being the reason for their racial vow of noninterference... and that's even been referenced in a recent Nova storyline, with it being revealed or at least suggested that the reason Uatu likes to look at What If? alternate universes being that his father was the main guy responsible for Prosilicus and Uatu wants to see a universe where things went right.
    I think you misunderstood. I was saying that example panel from the four issue mini series "The Thing: Freakshow" was kind of obscure.
    But you're bringing the point home by bringing up Aron the Rogue Watcher who was used by Englehart and DeFalco in a number of stories in the FF. Those would be more high profile compared to my example. I just wanted to show the baby Watcher because it shows that it is a growing populaton, albeit slowly.

Maybe Rabum Alal is trying to find the most powerful earth so he causes the incursions to root out the most powerful universe so he can ally with it against the beyonders. Or !maybe he's the beyonder just doing it for shits and giggles haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think you misunderstood. I was saying that example panel from the four issue mini series "The Thing: Freakshow" was kind of obscure.
    But you're bringing the point home by bringing up Aron the Rogue Watcher who was used by Englehart and DeFalco in a number of stories in the FF. Those would be more high profile compared to my example. I just wanted to show the baby Watcher because it shows that it is a growing populaton, albeit slowly.
    Oh, sure. But Uatu's own baby... and baby mama!... have been featured much more prominently in recent years.

All-New Member

the marvel wiki on rabum alal says-
    Supposedly Rabum Alal's birth on an alternate Earth caused the early heat death of that universe. This gap in the multiverse resulted in the other universes in the multiverse crashing into each other thus causing the Incursions.

this makes it sound like rabum alal is not necessarily evil and not necessarily responsible. not sure where this info is accurate at this point.

Fantastic Member

"Seems like Hickman's rushing to the conclusion instead of really savoring these moments of sheer terror."

You got it. He's on a schedule.