Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, he doesn't truly bite it until the universe he represents does. Then he's toast, across all his variations, unless there's a new Eternity for the pocket universe in which Battleworld will reside.
    Ah, makes sense... actually that's something I've always wondered about Eternity with my admitively little knowledge about him, so he represents just the 616 Universe, yes? And there are other versions of him for each universe? Or does Eternity represent the entire Marvel Multiverse? I can recall reading Avengers vs Justice League and that having a female Eternity who represents the DC universe and them making out and stuff and implying they each represented their multiverses, but that might have just been that crossover...

This issue, just like NA#30, fills us in on a lot of questions we've had with TRO up to this point.

Hard to know what the endgame is for the beyonders, but it seems like they're more interested in being the masters of the multiverse rather than complete anhiliation. As for rabum Alal, I'm guessing he's more of a chaotic evil figure at this point.

So what was up with the mad celestials? They were looking for a means to traverse the multiverse when they found the Council of Reeds, no? I think that fits in nicely with having a conflict with the beyonders. Who knows. I guess my question now is: who, if any at all, are going to be the cosmic beings going forth after Secret Wars/Battleworld?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ah, makes sense... actually that's something I've always wondered about Eternity with my admitively little knowledge about him, so he represents just the 616 Universe, yes? And there are other versions of him for each universe? Or does Eternity represent the entire Marvel Multiverse? I can recall reading Avengers vs Justice League and that having a female Eternity who represents the DC universe and them making out and stuff and implying they each represented their multiverses, but that might have just been that crossover...
    The way I understood it was this, There's only one Living Tribunal, one Eternity, etc... but they are able to spread themselves across the multiverse continuum

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The way I understood it was this, There's only one Living Tribunal, one Eternity, etc... but they are able to spread themselves across the multiverse continuum
    I thought there was only one Living Tribunal, but for the lesser abstracts there is a different one in each universe.

One Eternity, Death, Infinity, Oblivion, Galactus, Celestial Host, race of Watchers per universe. What we saw in this issue was the death of the Eternity of the other universe Pym was observing.

That sounds about right, thanks. So maybe an aspect of him was 'killed' but the central version of Eternity still survives?

One Eternity, Death, Infinity, Oblivion, Galactus, Celestial Host, race of Watchers per universe. What we saw in this issue was the death of the Eternity of the other universe Pym was observing.
    Is it not one Watcher per universe, or is it a Watcher per planet or solar system in each universe?

I refuse to acknowledge that the Beyonders took out the Living Tribunal. To me, the cosmic hierarchy is 1. The One Above All, 2. The Living Tribunal and then everyone else. Ugh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    I thought there was only one Living Tribunal, but for the lesser abstracts there is a different one in each universe.
    There is only one. From the way the story read and what was presented the Living Tribunal is able to "spread" himself, and merge back to one.

BANNED

Is it not one Watcher per universe, or is it a Watcher per planet or solar system in each universe?
    Watcher per universe.

OS showed us there were more than one Watcher in it's finale.

They cover more range than that (maybe a galaxy or two each), but there is a whole race of Watchers within each universe.

Watcher per universe.

OS showed us there were more than one Watcher in it's finale.
    No, there is a whole race of them native to the 616 universe.

Fantastic Member

Well, although the Destroyer is supposed to be a 'new' character, perhaps it's an evolution of the original Beyonder. The one that that was trivialized as a child, in this issue.

This would be somewhat along the lines of Trelane's character, from the original Star Trek series. Trelane was also a child, and we later find out that he is a member of the Q Continuum. In the Q-Squared novel, he's able to tap into greater power than the Continuum has, and presents a universal threat to Q and Picard.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

To sum up this issue in a nutshell: Exposition the Comic!

Hope you like dry, never ending, and boring exposition that sounds stilted and inhuman, because that's all this issue is. No characterization, barely any plot advancement, killing tons of characters to make creator's own pets more threatening, and average artwork. What a comic for the ages. Dear god, Hickman, you can write so much better stuff. I've seen East of West! What's with this comic?!

BANNED

No, there is a whole race of them native to the 616 universe.
    No, That was never stated. Thats your pure conjecture.