Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by frostywontons View Post
    Yes, Eternity is merely an embodiment of existence in each universe. In the panel where the Beyonders kill Eternities there was a female-esque figure that I presume represents another universes' Eternity but the artist chose a female form to differentiate. Unless I am mistaken and this was some other cosmic being.
    She's Infinity.

Hank Pym can only observe the battle of one universe on panel, and he can glimpse through the boundary of other universes to see the same is happening every universe. In that panel, Beyonder killed Infinity, Eternity, In-Betweener, Lord Chaos and Master Order of one universe. there are no watchers as far as I can see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I think 4 months would have been enough for Hickman to tell his "Time Runs Out" story.
    Well, I think it's more a case of the rest of the MU-stories that needed the 8 month to catch up (or actually to conclude).

Quote Originally Posted by frostywontons View Post
    Yes, Eternity is merely an embodiment of existence in each universe. In the panel where the Beyonders kill Eternities there was a female-esque figure that I presume represents another universes' Eternity but the artist chose a female form to differentiate. Unless I am mistaken and this was some other cosmic being.
    It could have been Infinity as well...

Amazing Member

Well, I don't think I could fully handle this issue --- emotionally or mentally. This was A LOT to process. Frankly, to where can Hickman go now? Killing off Living Tribunal ups the cereal level to 9,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Can we get this so-called "epic" story over with already? It's so dull, boring, tedious, and uninteresting. "Oh all hope is lost, there's no hope, give up because no hope remains," WE GET IT Hickman. You've been saying that there's "no hope" for YEARS now. And by "saying" I mean that you've utterly failed at the whole "show don't tell" thing. Instead of giant exposition dumps, how about you SHOW us why that is, like you should have been doing throughout your run. Instead you just throw in some dialogue about how "nothing will work" and expect that to be enough. Guess what, it isn't.
    You didn't notice all the pictures of like, the Living Tribunal and Eternity getting killed? You didn't notice the sequence showing the Celestials getting blown up? Did you somehow get an all text version of the book? I'd bring that back to your comic book store and try to exchange it.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Maybe Rabum Alal is trying to find the most powerful earth so he causes the incursions to root out the most powerful universe so he can ally with it against the beyonders. Or !maybe he's the beyonder just doing it for shits and giggles haha.
    If all that remains of the multiverse is a battleworld made of alternate earths, it seems like whoever Rabum Alal is has a fascination with earth over all other aspects of reality.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No, That was never stated. Thats your pure conjecture.
    No it's not, it's canon. Watchers are highly advanced and powerful beings but they are still not multiversal. There is a race in each universe.

Perhaps there is a Marvel directive to start clearing out cosmic beings such as the Celestials or even more abstract beings who are unlikely to ever make the movies.

Recall Genesis 6: 4.

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days -- and also afterward -- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Everyone pretty much covered it all so not much to echo. I agree it wasn't much in the line of characterization with the exception of maybe Pym and more of an explanation than anything. But the intricacies of Hickman's overall story are tasty to me so I really enjoyed this. The scale of the scenes were gargantuan, one after another. So these Beyonders then yes? If I was right on that one I should probably feel good but I sort of looked at a wiki and guessed, oops. Still neat though, all of it.

The Watchers weren't really the subject of the issue here whatsoever, maybe that derailment should drift to a thread asking " What is the nature of The Watchers? " or something so we can discuss NA#30 proper?
    I make love, you make me sick.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Well, putting on my skeptic glasses:
    We saw this sort of thing several times with Thanos, including Thanos supposedly killing The Living Tribunal in The End, The Beyonder supposedly defeating him back in Secret Wars 2, etc., The Infinity Gauntlet, Abraxas, The Thanos Imperative, etc. It's a bit absurd though considering these are non-physical entities and destroying Eternity and other essential aspects would just erase the multiverse. Eternity/Infinity are space/time, so space/time wouldn't just slowly decay, but would simply cease to be. The Living Tribunal already exists in all realities simultaneously and transcends the multiverse, and now he's written as a physical entity and all of this, so that's even more absurd, but it's very very rare when a writer gets abstracts correct as they are almost always treated as physical beings. There are also supposed to be billions of Celestials in each reality, not just a single host (I reference an early 90's Thor comic where billions of them went to attack some sort of composite being that Ego was once a part of and merged with again). Order, Chaos, and The In-Betweener are from another multiverse entirely (one based on magic), though they've interacted with the Marvel multiverse due to the the symbiotic relationship of magic between all these different realms. The Beyonders were never considered so powerful either, they couldn't even directly access the 616 reality and needed intermediaries to make The Savage Land and cosmic cubes and such, but I guess them being largely unexplored and yet always brought up in "most powerful" lists made Hickman go there. I'd buy a grandiose threat as something truly threatening to the multiverse and beyond as long as such a thing were handled in a way that wasn't insulting to continuity nuts (not that they are the lone nor key demographic, but when you bring these things up from continuity, you have to at least use them in a manner consistent with continuity).

Ok, now with that rant out of the way I'm assuming Galactus and The Phoenix Force survive because Galactus was once human and The Phoenix Force has a deep connection to humans like Jean (they are also the most popular cosmic entities).
    It's just that we've been at similar points in comics many times for me to feel that this new great threat is somehow beyond all the others (no pun intended) when we've been down similar roads before, each new thread supposedly being bigger and better than the last. I appreciate the cosmic horror though, but the mysteries to me are more appealing than the threats.
    Last edited by Chainsaw Vigilante; 02-25-2015 at 01:01 PM.

The Beyonders are doing the Multiverse a favor killing off as many abstract beings as they can. Good riddance, I hope.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    "Seems like Hickman's rushing to the conclusion instead of really savoring these moments of sheer terror."

You got it. He's on a schedule.
    The release schedule is sure stepped up. Next week Avengers#42 is out and then the week after that New Avengers #31

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The release schedule is sure stepped up. Next week Avengers#42 is out and then the week after that New Avengers #31
    It's almost as if time is running out.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    More than that. We're getting five in a row (including this week). Both books double ship in March.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Not sure I'd agree he rushed it. He pretty much got to anything else he logically could have, there really wasn't much left at this point but to reveal. They've pretty conclusive that he measured and scripted out an exact timeline of events down to the panel here. It seems like it's moving by the numbers to me.
    I make love, you make me sick.