Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #15 *Spoilers*

Amazing Spider-Man #15, Spider-Verse Epilogue, by Slott and Camuncoli, out today . . .

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

With the Inheritors mostly out of the way, this is the big wrap-up. The i's are dotted, the t's are crossed, and the loose ends are either tied up or saved for later.

The first box to get checked is May. May and Benji go home, where they find MJ and Wes survived the Inheritor attack. Old Ben, since he has no real home to go back to, decides to stick around and try being a grandfather. MJ gives May her father's old costume and she decides that she's going to rename herself Spider-Woman. Spider-Punk, Spider-Ham, Spider-Gwen, and most of the rest of the surviving alternate Spiders also head home. Miguel takes a portal back to 2099.

With almost everyone gone, we get to the real meat of the issue. Everyone vs. Otto. Otto has, obviously, figured out that Peter is from his future and he's "destined" to lose, so he tries to destroy the Great Web. Because screw causality, he's pissed. The home team, plus Karn and Spider UK, team up to confront him, but reality is getting mangled in the process (back home, this causes Julia Carpenter to wake up). Anya figures out that the key to saving the multiverse might be replacing the Weaver, and it turns out that the Weaver is really . . . Karn, time-shifted. He reluctantly accepts his destiny and starts repairing the damage, just as Peter finishes proving who's really superior. Otto vows revenge on Karn, but since he already technically killed him, it rings a little hollow. Otto is sent back to his own time with scrambled memories, just as we saw in Superior Spider-Man #19, although he does leave himself a secret message in Anna's computer system.

Spider UK tries to head home, but his universe has been destroyed by the Incursions. He decides to stay on Loomworld to help rebuild the Great Web. Anya decides to stay as well, setting up the upcoming Secret Wars: Spider-Verse series. Also (probably) along for the ride: Kaine. He's not dead, and shame on you for thinking otherwise.

Then the remaining heroes head home. Spidey stops a mugging and all is right with the world, for now at least.

I thought this was a nice wrap-up. If you weren't a fan of this event, I'm not sure this will turn you around, but I thought it brought everything back around nicely. In spite of the earlier doom and gloom, there were some happy endings, or at least some new beginnings. On the art front, Camuncoli did a nice job, and I especially liked his light touch on the smaller, more personal moments.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Expletive Deleted; 02-25-2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Typo

BANNED

I love that nod to what happen in Avengers #30 for Spider UK, That was a nice touch.

Edit: I like that setup for the SW spider verse!
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 02-25-2015 at 08:30 AM.

Huh...
    So, Kaine isn't dead, Julia came out of coma and Anya is gonna be helping the Weaver.

...that ended a lot better than I expected.

BANNED

I really liked Mayday's epilouge. Great to read about MJ's courageousness saving Wes from the fire. Just goes to show you Slott can handle her right when he wants to. And If you still don't want to accept Mayday as the "correct one", this helps distinguish Slott's version from the one we want to stay happy. Overall this did a decent job of tying up another loose end from the Superior era (did'nt like Peter getting caught in the threads and cracking jokes about ponies though)
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 02-25-2015 at 08:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    I really liked Mayday's epilouge. Great to read about MJ's courageousness saving Wes from the fire. Just goes to show you Slott can handle her right when he wants to. And If you still don't want to accept Mayday as the "correct one", this helps distinguish Slott's version from the one we want to stay happy. Overall this did a decent job of tying up another loose end from the Superior era (did'nt like Peter getting caught in the threads and cracking jokes about ponies though)
    Well it all depends on what Tom Defalco is planning for Secret Wars and the MC-2 Universe.

BANNED

SM:2099 this week is also good, you get a jist of what to expect from PAD upcoming SW 2099 story and have a better understanding to ANXF last issue that feat. Miguel.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Huh...
    So, Kaine isn't dead, Julia came out of coma and Anya is gonna be helping the Weaver.

Yeah, it really did. Even Mayday got a happier ending then expected.

Ultimate Member

Oh good, this boring/underwhelming excuse for an "event" is finally over. Well onto something that is actually good (hopefully).

Also, MJ and Wes are still alive, but Peter did actually die? Nope, still not good enough Slott. There was no reason to kill ANY of them off.

100 days huh.
    The gap between SSM 26 and SSM 27 is suppose to be 31 days. So that leaves 69 left. I don't believe that issues 20-25 had 69 days to resolve, and considering that something is suppose to go funky at Parker Industries, at least we know why.

BANNED

ugh, what the hell slott and marvel? not only are the spiders dead but so is the MC2 version of peter parker. you guys really must not want peter to be happy in any universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Huh...

but the MC2 peter parker is dead. all is still not so good

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh good, this boring/underwhelming excuse for an "event" is finally over. Well onto something that is actually good (hopefully).

Also, MJ and Wes are still alive, but Peter did actually die? Nope, still not good enough Slott. There was no reason to kill ANY of them off.
    Eh, it's a super hero comic, people die to promote character growth. It wasn't handled well within Spider Verse, but if Mayday can develop further as a character due to Peter's death, then it can be a good thing in the long run. Pete also went out as a true hero, protecting his family to the end. It's not a bad death at all (and if Mayday ever gets an ongoing in the future he could always come back. When has a little thing like death ever stopped a super hero?)

Incredible Member

[deleted.]
    Last edited by xpyred; 04-22-2017 at 01:11 PM.

BANNED

I'm still amazed folks didn't think MJ and Wes were gonna survive. Blows my mind.

BANNED

Is it me or did Wes seriously buff up after getting with Mayday?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzy_D View Post
    Eh, it's a super hero comic, people die to promote character growth. It wasn't handled well within Spider Verse, but if Mayday can develop further as a character due to Peter's death, then it can be a good thing in the long run. Pete also went out as a true hero, protecting his family to the end. It's not a bad death at all (and if Mayday ever gets an ongoing in the future he could always come back. When has a little thing like death ever stopped a super hero?)
    We still don't know if this was supposed to be the "real" Mayday. And we still have the MC2 SW tie-in from DeFalco coming up