Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

did you really think they would kill wes and mj. NO! they just have to kill off peter so he can die sad and alone without MJ nor May Day. but at least he can be with his aunt may, uncle ben, gwen, george and every one of his family and friends while MJ finds someone new who is not peter. ugh, why does marvel hate the marriage that much? has peter ever been known to be this youthful kid. he's youthful in energy but he's still an adult

Loved this issue, it brought the arc to an end in a well defined manner for me I posted the rest of my thoughts here for those that wish to read.

http://themanwhocollectsspiderman.bl...er-man-15.html

as for whinging about MC2 Peter dying, well so did Ben Reilly in war there are some casualties

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Brit View Post
    Loved this issue, it brought the arc to an end in a well defined manner for me I posted the rest of my thoughts here for those that wish to read.

http://themanwhocollectsspiderman.bl...er-man-15.html

as for whinging about MC2 Peter dying, well so did Ben Reilly in war there are some casualties
    that was really not helpful advice

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    did you really think they would kill wes and mj. NO! they just have to kill off peter so he can die sad and alone without MJ nor May Day. but at least he can be with his aunt may, uncle ben, gwen, george and every one of his family and friends while MJ finds someone new who is not peter. ugh, why does marvel hate the marriage that much? has peter ever been known to be this youthful kid. he's youthful in energy but he's still an adult
    Dude died defending his kids from a guy he had no chance of defeating. If that's not Father of the Year material, then I don't know what else to tell ya.

BANNED

as for whinging about MC2 Peter dying
    I don't think it fair, or even polite, to call people's concerns for that Peter "whinjing".

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Dude died defending his kids from a guy he had no chance of defeating. If that's not Father of the Year material, then I don't know what else to tell ya.
    Seriously. MC2 Spider-Man died a heroes death while defending his family. Things don't always work out when you're a super hero.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    yeah, i know but marvel let him stay dead knowing their who taste in the marriage. dude was honorable but now he has no wife and children.

MC2 Peter at least didn't go out like a chump, like so many others throughout the event.

ASM#15 I think was a good conclusion to the event, much better than ASM#14. Very happy that, except for the loss of her dad, Mayday has a new lease on life with her MJ and Wes alive. Spider-Uncle Ben joining that universe is kinda poetic in a way too.

The rest of the stuff is more setup, but it's interesting setup. Glad that we got one last hurrah for Superior before he gets his ass whooped and he's sent back. The stuff with Karn is a bit confusing, but whatever, and the loss of Spider-UK's world is a bit sad, but it's interesting to see what kind of misadventures he and Anya will be up to in the Secret Wars Spider-Verse tie-in. Kaine being possibly alive again...curious where that'll be going.

And I think, with the exception of Spider-Gwen and possibly the upcoming Spider-Verse Secret Wars stuff, I'm done with Spider-Man now that Spider-Verse is done. Really stabbing my wallet. My thoughts on the event itself? It was decent, with a little bit more good than bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    yeah, i know but marvel let him stay dead knowing their who taste in the marriage. dude was honorable but now he has no wife and children.
    I don't think they're worried about MC-2 Peter's marriage like that. He just drew the short straw because of his gimp leg.

Incredible Member

Can I get a little more clarification on the Kaine portion of this book? Was it that he survived whatever attempt on his life was made (I'm not actually reading the book just paying attention to the spoilers for this story because I knew Kaine was involved) or did he actually die & the "Other" just resurrected him again?

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    I don't think it fair, or even polite, to call people's concerns for that Peter "whinjing".
    that's your prerogative isn't it, as is mine for calling it as i see it. it's fine being "concerned" over the death of a character but stating it was pointless and no need for it, (throughout the entire arc from the moment it happened) when clearly it helped Mayday's character grow and advanced her development. is a slightly more than showing concern.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Can I get a little more clarification on the Kaine portion of this book? Was it that he survived whatever attempt on his life was made (I'm not actually reading the book just paying attention to the spoilers for this story because I knew Kaine was involved) or did he actually die & the "Other" just resurrected him again?
    All you see is Kaine's Hand as ge punches his way out of The Other's corpse. no indication that The Other resurrected him.

BANNED

that's your prerogative isn't it, as is mine for calling it as i see it.
    It's still rude. Fine if you're cool being the "bad cop", but f you want people to read your reviews, you might want to have a chirpier attitude and take their own concerns and investments in characters more to heart, rather than slap them down with "tough, war is hell"

it's fine being "concerned" over the death of a character but stating it was pointless and no need for it, (throughout the entire arc from the moment it happened) when clearly it helped Mayday's character grow and advanced her development. is a slightly more than showing concern.
    WHAT development? "Oh, I'll nag a bit and be all meta about Spiders being "fakes", and be generally useless the whole event until something drops in my hand that's important to the plot". That's not development mate. Never will be.

And given we're then told it may not be the real Mayday at all, it renders the whole thing rather needless anyway. It's a Mayday Marvel wanted at the expense of a Mayday the fans were more familiar with
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 02-25-2015 at 09:39 AM.

BANNED

Proof that it ain't over till it's over. This put a nice cap on a good-but-not-great event that left me feeling more satisfied than last issue's climatic chapter did. The wrap-up with May was nice. A shame her dad's still dead but having Ben still around was great. Love that Kaine is not dead and I can't wait to see what happens when Spock's time-delayed plan hits.

If nothing else, this epilogue proves to me that continuity will still continue on the other side of SW. There's no way that these seeds for future plotlines are just going to evaporate in a couple of months.

Not a bad issue. Series as a whole was spread too thin for my liking, though