Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Or you could, you know, use words.
    I was just having a laugh with ya. Gnaw on a funny bone sometime pup.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    This issue sealed it as a great story for me. It had action, suspense, drama and even with so many characters it had a good balance. This issue showed Peter as the superior Spider-Man truly with the Spider-Man vs SpOck fight I want in goblin nation. I got a silk book and spiderwoman out of it. Only flaw for me was the death of ben Reilly but it was heroic and sometimes people have to die. Tied up loose ends while seeding future stories and Julia is awake. Definitely my favorite Slott story
    I can't wait to see what Julia's going to do now that she's awake and can't see the web.

Such a great issue.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    And that's you. That's not everyone else. Still doesn't change the fact that 616 Peter is more important.
    Slott`s comment is Meta in the sense that as many Spider men are out there, they can bring something to the table, tthat you can`t do with the standard version. His comment doesn`t touch the publication history of the franchise.

And the last big game changing death in the Spider comics before Spider-Verse was.....what? Marla Jameson? It's not AS common in comics as you may think.
    Spider franchise is = Comic(s) industry?

He got a point. Death is kind of oversaturated in the modern era. Products like "Identity Crisis" have been published in less than decade, still. It`s also appearnt something else: Creators ressurect as much as they kill, these days. There`s hardly a "bang" either way.

Just look at Wolverine.

Heck, just look at "Spider-verse".
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-25-2015 at 02:56 PM.

BANNED

Haven`t got this yet but I`m happy Kaine makes it. Any mention of Ben? I hope the upcoming Spider Verse touchs upon it since there was no body of evidence.

BANNED

And that's you.
    And others given how much of tumblr I read.

BANNED

Have to say, I cringed a bit at May calling old Ben "Uncle Ben". May, you already had an "Uncle Ben", whose name, sacrífice and costume you honored every day. He was actually more your factual uncle for intents and purposes than this senior. That uncle just had a version who sacrifised his life again, this time not to save only your father (like he still did in his and your universe`s history before), but another version of your father, of Kaine (whom you also know, right?) and the whole rest of you.

I commend the damage control trial, but it felt flat to me.

Her father`s costume doesn`t feel like an upgrade. She`s getting it because her father died, not to mention, most importantly, she didn`t actually required it. She was already the Spider Man of her timeline.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-25-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Right. Though Ben actually contributed to the story some. I think that might be what people are complaining about. That and it's probably a stealth OMD complaint.
    Quesada said in interviews during/immediately after OMD that there was still a married Pete and MJ for fans of the marriage in Spider-Girl. If someone took that as a consolation prize, it's been taken away. (Even if there hasn't been a Spider-Girl series in a while anyway.)

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beebles View Post
    You jinxed it, he is a goner come "Battleworld" or whatever. Following a 64 page $10 special "The Death of Spider-Ham"
    Don't worry, he'll come back as the Glue-perior Spider-Horse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Quesada said in interviews during/immediately after OMD that there was still a married Pete and MJ for fans of the marriage in Spider-Girl. If someone took that as a consolation prize, it's been taken away. (Even if there hasn't been a Spider-Girl series in a while anyway.)
    There's still the syndicated news strip also, which Slott made a point of keeping well out of Spider-Verse's reach.

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    There's still the syndicated news strip also, which Slott made a point of keeping well out of Spider-Verse's reach.
    And presumably Secret Wars.

Can't mess with Stan's stuff.

The good kind of noise SpiderOrange's Avatar

Although I can't do Nerdy Nitpicks quite like StillaNerd can, I did notice something...

Spider-UK referred to the 2099 Universe as "Earth 616, the year 2099". But I thought the 2099 Universe was Earth - 928. The year 2099 of a possible alternative reality. Can someone clarify??

Great nod to May. It'd be nice to see her in a alternate version of the Red and Blues as Spider-Woman. MJ and Wes are alive so... I can kinda accept it. Why not?

I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that the Epilogue was one of the best issues written in the entirety of Spider Verse. It was just so much better than last issue.
    "This. Right here. This is where my life officially jumped the shark." Miles Morales
    "No, that was back on Cowboy world", Ultimate Cartoon Spidey
    ASM Vol 3, #12

This whole debacle wasn't worth the money it cost. It was boring and resulted in very little change for any of the characters I actually care about. I couldn't give a rip about other universes and wish they didn't exist. It was a waste. There, I said it!

BANNED

Not giving a rip to other universes and buying a crossover whose center is Multilingual, is kind of weird to me.

whats a rip?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderOrange View Post
    Although I can't do Nerdy Nitpicks quite like StillaNerd can, I did notice something...

Spider-UK referred to the 2099 Universe as "Earth 616, the year 2099". But I thought the 2099 Universe was Earth - 928. The year 2099 of a possible alternative reality. Can someone clarify??

Great nod to May. It'd be nice to see her in a alternate version of the Red and Blues as Spider-Woman. MJ and Wes are alive so... I can kinda accept it. Why not?

I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that the Epilogue was one of the best issues written in the entirety of Spider Verse. It was just so much better than last issue.
    Apparently as of recently 2099's been retconned to literally be 616 in the year 2099. Since Superior they've been writing the two as connected where changes in time of 616 affect 2099, hence Miguel's reason for working in Alchemax close to his grandfather and in the issue of Spider-Man 2099 before Spider-Verse, Exiles Miguel referred to our Miguel as the 616 Miguel O'Hara. It was even further confirmed as such in the letters at the end of ASM 14. So that seems to be the case now.