Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Spectacular Member

Going to say it, hope no one else did, otherwise I apologize:

No More Mutants worked on her (to an extent) and Pietro because she thought they were mutants. I don't think it was a literally spell. And to think she knew all the mutants is stretching it, but like, she probably focused on herself and Pietro as well and it worked because of that?

Also, we don't know if they really aren't mutants, do we? I mean the page where the High Evolutionary says he detects no X Genes around is kinda dumb. Unless I don't remember correctly, why isn't he detecting Rouge, who is right in that panel? Or Sabertooth?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Only interested in this for Jericho. Would you say this issue featured him enough to justify picking it up? Or should I just wait for the TPB?
    Well, he has a few significant pages involving the souls of all the genocide victims, particularly with the HE's "first daughter." His role will probably pick up more in the future. I would say that Sabretooth had the most focus this time out.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post

No More Mutants worked on her (to an extent) and Pietro because she thought they were mutants. I don't think it was a literally spell. And to think she knew all the mutants is stretching it, but like, she probably focused on herself and Pietro as well and it worked because of that?

Also, we don't know if they really aren't mutants, do we? I mean the page where the High Evolutionary says he detects no X Genes around is kinda dumb. Unless I don't remember correctly, why isn't he detecting Rouge, who is right in that panel? Or Sabertooth?
    The million dollar question: what kind of genetic engineering successfully tricks all known mutant detection devices from Cerebro to Sentinals to legacy virus to M-day... and everything else in between.

But it's true that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's powers were periodically erratic from early on, and strongly tied to Wundagore.
    Last edited by Astra M; 03-01-2015 at 03:28 PM.

I have a question when the scientist said there were no mutants around Rouge was tied up next to him. Only time we saw her. Doesn't that imply neither she or Sabertooth are mutants either

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I challenge even the strongest detractor of this book to say HIM being their daddy wouldn't be amazing.
    It would require time travel, though, considering that the Enclave didn't create Him till well after Pietro and Wanda were adventuring as young adults.

Fantastic Member

I think the scientist is lying about what he is detecting, to keep Rogue a personal secret. That and/or they are not scanning the inside of the lab, just the outside.

Also No More Mutants may not have affected Quicksilver-- he lost his powers, tried to commit suicide, went on a drug-induced adventure with his kidnapped six year old, then instantly regained them when he felt better. I always suspected that his only problem was one hell of a nervous breakdown.

Wanda never lost her powers iirc she just made herself forget she had them because she wasn't in her right mind.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Not entirely true, I think I'm not alone in reserving judgement until the full story is unraveled. Not everyone is invested in the Twins and Magneto. We might be a quiet minority, but probably not an insignificant number.
    I don't want to sound like I'm criticizing your opinion, I just don't see what the twins gain from not being related to Magneto. It was such an easy origin that even the most casual fans could identify. That's not to say that the road taken to that origin wasn't certainly bumpy, but attaching to High Evolutionary just seems like it's going to further convolute their already confusing story. How many parents does this make for the twins now? It seems like it can be a running joke now like Jean Grey dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    I have a question when the scientist said there were no mutants around Rouge was tied up next to him. Only time we saw her. Doesn't that imply neither she or Sabertooth are mutants either

I think he was just simply lieing.

They didn't make to big a deal about how he "knew" so I assume there was nothing off about his scanners. He seemed aware the vaguely rogue looking woman around the corner

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    The million dollar question: what kind of genetic engineering successfully tricks all known mutant detection devices from Cerebro to Sentinals to legacy virus to M-day... and everything else in between.

But it's true that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's powers were periodically erratic from early on, and strongly tied to Wundagore.
    Maybe the moment Wanda thought they were mutants, they were perceived as them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    It would require time travel, though, considering that the Enclave didn't create Him till well after Pietro and Wanda were adventuring as young adults.
    Are we still talking about the transexual demon with the crab claws?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Are we still talking about the transexual demon with the crab claws?
    Not sure if sarcastic (they really need punctuation for that), but Him is what Adam Warlock was called at his creation. Though if he ends up in GotG2, I'd bet that he'll be an alien post Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Only interested in this for Jericho. Would you say this issue featured him enough to justify picking it up? Or should I just wait for the TPB?
    Sabretooth has the most page time, Jericho gets the 2nd most.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Also No More Mutants may not have affected Quicksilver-- he lost his powers, tried to commit suicide, went on a drug-induced adventure with his kidnapped six year old, then instantly regained them when he felt better. I always suspected that his only problem was one hell of a nervous breakdown.
    “Hell of a nervous breakdown” made me laugh. But the end of Quick and the Dead does strongly argue that his power fade/restore was all tied to his psyche. Quicksilver is his own worst enemy; having his own guilty conscience do all the working over is completely believable in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Wanda never lost her powers iirc she just made herself forget she had them because she wasn't in her right mind.
    Maybe the moment Wanda thought they were mutants, they were perceived as them?
    I’ve been leaning this way for a while now. There are some older examples that imply the same thing. Wanda and Pietro first left the Avengers because she felt that her hex power weakening; Pietro agreed that he was feeling weaker and they went back to Europe. They regained their powers after a spa treatment and being told that their powers were restored. Later Wanda lost her powers after a bullet grazed her skull. She didn’t regain them until after crossing a dimension into Akron’s realm and afterward being told that her powers were once again restored. What’s notable about this particular one is that Pietro had been arguing earlier in the arc that her powers were hers by birthright and she shouldn’t have to be hunting for a solution to get them back. Now it’s true that in both these stories there was an outside force toying with them, but all I’m saying is that there is still just enough vagueness surrounding how their powers are restored to imply that there is a psychological component to it as well. If there actually is any truth to this, many House of M related events make more sense.

That’s not to say that I don’t think there isn’t going to be a purely genetic-based answer to their powers.