Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Not entirely true, I think I'm not alone in reserving judgement until the full story is unraveled. Not everyone is invested in the Twins and Magneto. We might be a quiet minority, but probably not an insignificant number.
    Agreed. I don't even think it's a quiet minority. I think the majority of fans either don't care about changing Wanda and Pietro's parentage or are willing to see how the story plays out before passing judgement.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Not entirely true, I think I'm not alone in reserving judgement until the full story is unraveled. Not everyone is invested in the Twins and Magneto. We might be a quiet minority, but probably not an insignificant number.
    Fair enough, but also truly said of any big retcon - there are folks who are okay with OMD, for example.

So far what I'm intrigued by is how removing Magneto will remove that particular father angst baggage... but actually, it seems more like swapping one daddy issue for another. We'll see.

BANNED

where is the team? hope they will interact with each other soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    No he's just a pawn.

Until the MCU stops being profitable or until Marvel realizes that everyone hates this change.
    Well, almost everyone hates One More Day, but that thing still is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    Fair enough, but also truly said of any big retcon - there are folks who are okay with OMD, for example.

So far what I'm intrigued by is how removing Magneto will remove that particular father angst baggage... but actually, it seems more like swapping one daddy issue for another. We'll see.
    Really ?, i havent met anyone who liked One More Day.

Is that mean Speedy Gonzales indeed existed in the Marvel-616, but later turned into a human being by the High Evolutionary!? So Quicksilver is truly a superfast-mouse-turned-into-human-mutant!?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    where is the team? hope they will interact with each other soon
    Well... Captain Falcon was far busy being Groot in the comics!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Now I'm confused. Chess always bored me.

The way everyone abbreviates High Evolutionary as HE makes the thread really ominous, like the villain is Volde-SHHH!!

Or maybe that Powerpuff Girls villain.
    At least HE is glad you mentioned HIM in this post!

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Is that mean Speedy Gonzales indeed existed in the Marvel-616, but later turned into a human being by the High Evolutionary!? So Quicksilver is truly a superfast-mouse-turned-into-human-mutant!?
    Wait, so then what happened with his accent ?.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wait, so then what happened with his accent ?.
    Maybe it was removed by the High Evolutionary, because he thought that accent was sooo idiotic for an evolved being!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I really hope they keep Magda as the mother and just say that HE mutated them in the womb or as babies. That sounds believable to me and enough mutation will cause Mags to fail a (magical?) paternity test. It was always a bit odd that HE put them in stasis for decades on end. Anyway I hope this doesn't start getting brought up every time they show up in a comic now. Let them retcon it then forget about it, probably some writer will goof and call them mutants again in a few years and they'll just soft retcon it back.

One good thing that could happen here is maybe we'll find out what happened to Magda...
    Well obviously there are at the moment two distinct tracks this story line could take.

1. What they are hinting more strongly to that they are test tube babies made in a lab along with their new sister.
    2. That they were real kids given birth by Magda and then tinkered with genetically speaking. #2 opens up the possibility of that being Anya in fact and the whole of #2 would be IMHO the more surprising twist for them to take as all signs are pointing at the moment to #1.

#2 would be an alteration/addition to existing continuity. #1 would be reinventing the characters from the ground up. Right now from the comic and solicits they are strongly hinting at #1.

Uncanny Avengers #5: The truth that will shatter the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_Avengers_Vol_2_5
    Finding out the HE messed with your DnA I couldn't imagine would shatter them, finding out they are test tube babies... I would say that would be more likely to shatter them... assuming of course the solict is correct about them being 'shattered'.

Alot of it comes down to 'why' we have just sort of learned they aren't mutants any more and they aren't related to Magneto in December. If its because of the MCU and/or studio conflicts with Fox then it will be the option that separates them from anything x-related.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-28-2015 at 07:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    At least HE is glad you mentioned HIM in this post!
    I challenge even the strongest detractor of this book to say HIM being their daddy wouldn't be amazing.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Really ?, i havent met anyone who liked One More Day.
    Joe Quesada.

Yeah, I know...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Well obviously there are at the moment two distinct tracks this story line could take.

1. What they are hinting more strongly to that they are test tube babies made in a lab along with their new sister.
    2. That they were real kids given birth by Magda and then tinkered with genetically speaking. #2 opens up the possibility of that being Anya in fact and the whole of #2 would be IMHO the more surprising twist for them to take as all signs are pointing at the moment to #1.

#2 would be an alteration/addition to existing continuity. #1 would be reinventing the characters from the ground up. Right now from the comic and solicits they are strongly hinting at #1..
    Anya being alive would be shocking but I think it would mess up continuity way too much - her death is what caused Magneto to awaken and Magda to flee; trying to address that new twist is probably way beyond what this story wants to deal with.

Speaking of the solicits:

• The truth that will shatter the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

• War between the Low and High Evolutionary.

• An Avenger has to choose between his friends and a perfect future.

I'm speculating that last bit refers to Vision.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Finding out the HE messed with your DnA I couldn't imagine would shatter them, finding out they are test tube babies... I would say that would be more likely to shatter them... assuming of course the solict is correct about them being 'shattered'.
    Exaggerations aside, I'm leaning this way too. I can't imagine what would be worse for two family-obsessed characters to find out that they were "unwanted" and "rejected" in every conceivable way.

Only interested in this for Jericho. Would you say this issue featured him enough to justify picking it up? Or should I just wait for the TPB?

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I challenge even the strongest detractor of this book to say HIM being their daddy wouldn't be amazing.
    Yeah, if HIM was their dad, it would pretty cool, and it would explain a lot.