Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i love that scarlet's real daddy commits genocide every tuesday like its NBD. lmfaooooo
    She had to get it from somewhere. People was blaming poor Mags ;-;
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

It doesn't make sense that Hydra would create an experiment that is so powerful (look what Wanda can do even compared to the phoenix force) and then put it in something they can't control. Magento child origin makes much more sense

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I saw this one coming when the cover came out a few months ago. The replacement sister for Wanda.
    I had wondered about that too. Though isn't it possible that this new "sister" may be a combination of both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's power sets? Blue color scheme (Quicksilver) over a Wanda-esque design. Just wondering if the "fraternal twins" comment had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    It doesn't make sense that Hydra would create an experiment that is so powerful (look what Wanda can do even compared to the phoenix force) and then put it in something they can't control. Magento child origin makes much more sense
    Well that will may have to wait until relations between two particular studios improve. Marvel has to ok Fox's TV show that they want to male lead Quicksilver, so if they end up doing that it means relations have improved, though I can't see them doing it without getting something significant from Fox in return.

Ultimate Member

This is dumb and it most likely will continue to be dumb. It also opens up a crap-ton of continuity issues (not that Marvel cares anymore, they've already proven that).

Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    I had wondered about that too. Though isn't it possible that this new "sister" may be a combination of both Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's power sets? Blue color scheme (Quicksilver) over a Wanda-esque design. Just wondering if the "fraternal twins" comment had something to do with it.
    The color scheme and Wanda-esque design is a sign that Marvel editors, writers and artists are going to the comic cons and have noticed that female fans like coming as Wanda and Lorna together in recent years at comic cons everywhere from Moscow to Brazil. Though, why the two had become popular together goes deeper then the color scheme and similar outer wear. Replacement sis may last for a few years until like I said a realization dawns for some unknown reason fans aren't attached to the notion and relations between studios are finally getting better.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-25-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    Well, who says she'll be as powerful in the movies as she is in the comics? Conversely, who says Hydra will have anything to do with her real origins in the comics?
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Well, who says she'll be as powerful in the movies as she is in the comics? Conversely, who says Hydra will have anything to do with her real origins in the comics?
    They have a movie tie in comic out already about Wanda and Pietro's movie origins as (power-wise) Hydra science experiments.

Amazing Member

The color scheme and Wanda-esque design is a sign that Marvel editors, writers and artists are going to the comic cons and have noticed that female fans like coming as Wanda and Lorna together in recent years at comic cons everywhere from Moscow to Brazil.
    Well, I won't discount that as a reason for the design scheme itself. But what I really think is that this new character is "superior" to the failed Twins because she is a combination of them, for whatever reason.

Great issue, I love watching Remender slowly build crazy new universes.

They have a movie tie in comic out already about Wanda and Pietro's movie origins as (power-wise) Hydra science experiments.
    I'm aware of that. In fact, I am the one who posted it on this board.

That has nothing to do with my actual point. As far as we know, Wanda doesn't have the level of power in the movies that she does in the comics. As far as we know, Hydra had nothing to do with her origins in the 616 universe.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Extraordinary Member

Someone speculated that maybe the High Evolutionary created a fake X-gene in his attempt to create artificial mutants, and that's why they've always been detected as mutants.

The creepy guy is lying about not being able to detect any mutants (to hide that Rogue is with him), but presumably he's saying that if Wanda and Pietro were around he would have detected the X-gene.

This is all so much more unnecessarily complicated than them just being mutants though.

So I have a question. Is Wonder-Man dead now?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So I have a question. Is Wonder-Man dead now?
    Wonder Man is never dead. Even more than most super heroes. The guy died in his first appearance and he's been dying ever since.

Seriously, though, his ionic energy - which is what he's made of - still seems to be in Rogue. Only his consciousness has been erased. And that's all we know for now because most of the "team" had hardly anything to do in this issue.

the wonderman poltergeist was exorcised from rogue's body last issue. presumably back into the ether.