Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

So basically the twins are artificial new humans? Mutates?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    I'm aware of that. In fact, I am the one who posted it on this board.

That has nothing to do with my actual point. As far as we know, Wanda doesn't have the level of power in the movies that she does in the comics. As far as we know, Hydra had nothing to do with her origins in the 616 universe.
    I never said they are making them Hydra creations power wise in the 616. They don't have to fully copy the MCU origins to make them closer to the MCU origins of having powers because of someone else's manipulations. They are looking like they are setting them up as test tube babies of the High Evolutionary. The only question will come if they are full test tube babies or actual kids of someone who were then enhanced by the High Evolutionary. That is the only thing that remains to be seen.

So basically the twins are artificial new humans? Mutates?
    Read above.

Did the High Evolutionary take these kids from someone (which may be reveled in time to really be Magda) or were they purely created in a lab.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-25-2015 at 11:51 AM.

all we know is that they are not mutants. and high evolutionary considers them genetic failures. lololol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    all we know is that they are not mutants. and high evolutionary considers them genetic failures. lololol
    Once again, they stand against racism. First against anti-mutant racism as mutants (even if artificial ones) and now against the High Evolutionary's racism against whatever the hell they are.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Once again, they stand against racism. First against anti-mutant racism as mutants (even if artificial ones) and now against the High Evolutionary's racism against whatever the hell they are.
    Well, they are superheroes too, so it also goes with the territory. But wouldn't this "truth" provoke a huge existential crisis?

Ugh 2 issues in and I'm beyond uninterested in this story as it drags down what was a good series for the purpose of a stupid retcon no one asked for. And to think we could possibly be having a story about real fallout from Axis and the world being more against the team than ever after the X-Men took over New York and tried to commit genocide if not for this retcon. Wish I was reading that story over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Umm.. When did we learn the twins are inhumans exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Simple, he wasn't Inhuman. The twins are obviously some earlier experiment of the High Evolutionary's.
    I apologize if I jumped the gun on Wanda and Pietro being Inhumans. I assumed that as with Toro not being a mutant, as was thought of for years, but an Inhuman, that was going to be Marvel's got to excuse when they wanted to keep the movie rights of a character. Don't think HE experiments is a much better explanation, but it does sort of negate my previous comentary.

Peace

BANNED

Actually it is a throwback to Wanda's and Pietro's origins.

If Avengers Forever has taught me anything, it is that continuity train wrecks like this can be explained away as Immortus trolling everyone for some inscrutable reason.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

The story is pretty much HE and what's up with him though it's obviously going to wrap around to our favorite sister and brother team. Not enough Rogue action, too much Sabretooth inner monologuing about what a changed man he is again. Jericho is still having a chat of course. Sort of a meh team wise here. Only part that really raised an eyebrow was Wyndham stating that he'd never seen powers like Victor's before. Huh?

Originally Posted by jmc247:

♪ Hey, ho *clap clap * let's go. To the High Evolutionary Show. ♪ <applause>

- Character locked in an aerial rave with Wanda is an ISO from Tron Legacy or Shi'ar apparently?
    - Classmates at Atari Force high naturally shocked to see people in strange fighting on a planet of people with animal heads and strange garb who fight all the time?
    - In the bottom right hand corner Remender himself is represented by the character Tire-Hair Tina as illustrated by the fact that she's cherry picking the Maximoff family continuity?

My best guesses anyways. >.>
    I make love, you make me sick.

Astonishing Member

The X-gene detection is such a non-issue when one of the twins can manipulate reality on a mass and miniscule scale.

It would be child's play for Wanda to add a marker to herself and Pietro, possibly a product of wanting to have a legitimate family in her adulthood.

All-New Member

This is only the second issue of this arc, so I expect there will be more twists, but

After all the years, Xavier/Cerebro and Trask/Sentinels were fooled?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I apologize if I jumped the gun on Wanda and Pietro being Inhumans. I assumed that as with Toro not being a mutant, as was thought of for years, but an Inhuman, that was going to be Marvel's got to excuse when they wanted to keep the movie rights of a character. Don't think HE experiments is a much better explanation, but it does sort of negate my previous comentary.

Peace
    This has no impact on movie rights one way or the other (other than them not being allowed to have them be mutants or Magneto be their dad in the MCU, but we always knew that and they were always able to use them with those caveats), you realize.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by michael p View Post
    i'm aware of that. In fact, i am the one who posted it on this board.

That has nothing to do with my actual point. As far as we know, wanda doesn't have the level of power in the movies that she does in the comics. As far as we know, hydra had nothing to do with her origins in the 616 universe.
    so far!!!!!

So I take it Rogue was still a plot device and still not doing anything.

Dear Tom and Rick, if you are not planning on actually writing Rogue, release her so she can return to the X-Men or another team not afraid she will upstage Wandz. God, after 2 1/2 years, you would think Rogue would finally get a moment.