Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    I'm going with "psychosomatic suggestion" myself. It would fit in with how he regained his powers too. Maybe he's a latent reality warper as well. After all this... why not?
    I always thought that Quicksilver gets his speed through reality manipulation. In my mind he works like a warp drive- moving the universe around himself so that he can achieve impossible speeds. A universal mover. It fits with his sister having the abilities to manipulate quantum probability. And it fit with Magneto being able to manipulate one of the fundamental forces of the universe; their genes were just that powerful. But the last part obviously doesn't work anymore.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astra M View Post
    You're on to something! Just need to throw in Speed for good measure....
    Speed is revealed to have actually been a female demon who carried the imaginary twins to term until she then becomes the human boy we (thought we) know today.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I loved the twins since the early 90s, but what they are doing with them now is trying a total re-invention of the wheel when the wheel was already developed over the course of more then fifty years of trial and error. I expected for the film they would tweak the wheel a bit, not that I thought it would matter for comic or film sales, but this is at a level of reinvention that fundamentally alters the characters and not in a good way.
    Exactly. And when it comes to something like this they can't use the excuse of what if it creates good stories for the characters considering how blatantly obvious the why is. Like if they were use this as an explanation as to why the twin's powers are so radically different than Magneto's in spite of being his children with the explanation being that HE experimented on them after birth during the time they were with him it'd be one thing, but for them to go so far as to alter their very origin to cut Magneto out of the picture and then add this new sister who's never even been remotely hinted at in over 50 years of their existence, it's just plain bad. The whole thing doesn't even fit into the very book it's a story arc for and to even take away their identity as mutants further undermines the actual book considering the roster had been reduced to only 2 other mutants once this volume started.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I loved the twins since the early 90s, but what they are doing with them now is trying a total re-invention of the wheel when the wheel was already developed over the course of more then fifty years of trial and error. I expected for the film they would tweak the wheel a bit, not that I thought it would matter for comic or film sales, but this is at a level of reinvention that fundamentally alters the characters and not in a good way.
    That is true. I can understand retcons if it's to fix plot holes and certain incongruities, but the mutant-ness of the twins is fairly central to the characters and their history: it's why Quicksilver is distrustful of people, and why Wanda could relate to an android (because they were both outcasts). Remaking that much history is completely unnecessary and honestly, kind of a slap in the face to the readers that actually care about the characters. It would be like if we found out Steve was a member of the KKK before he became Captain America. Maybe that would be an interesting story, but then it wouldn't be Captain America anymore.

I don't mind that the twins aren't mutants in the Avengers movie because that's its own thing and they can find other ways to make Wanda and Pietro outcasts. But destroying that much of their history in the comics, I'm not okay with at all.

well now they are just failed science experiments. oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Might explain why Wanda can never control herself.

mad cow disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Exactly. And when it comes to something like this they can't use the excuse of what if it creates good stories for the characters considering how blatantly obvious the why is. Like if they were use this as an explanation as to why the twin's powers are so radically different than Magneto's in spite of being his children with the explanation being that HE experimented on them after birth during the time they were with him it'd be one thing, but for them to go so far as to alter their very origin to cut Magneto out of the picture and then add this new sister who's never even been remotely hinted at in over 50 years of their existence, it's just plain bad. The whole thing doesn't even fit into the very book it's a story arc for and to even take away their identity as mutants further undermines the actual book considering the roster had been reduced to only 2 other mutants once this volume started.
    "We told you so".
    With love the X-board's complex.

mad cow disease.
    This made me laugh much more than what im willing to admit.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 02-25-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    This has no impact on movie rights one way or the other (other than them not being allowed to have them be mutants or Magneto be their dad in the MCU, but we always knew that and they were always able to use them with those caveats), you realize.
    Yet, I've heard (rumors, I'll admit. Don't have a concrete source), that it is already putting in dispute Fox's rights to use Quicksilver in further X-Men movies, since Pietro is no longer a mutant nor Eric's son. Honestly, it was bad enough when marketing was calling the shots over creators (Spidey and Wolverine are crazy popular, stick them into everything), but to have to take creative cues from lawyers...?

Peace

So I'm interested to see how Sam gets un-plant creatured.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Overall I Enjoyed again the Issue today, did not use all the team to the effect as it did in Issue #1, but by what the story was going for, that was not the focus.

The Main Focus was the Mindset and Vision of the High Evolutionary and it fit with what my theory was going for since issue #1, especially the ghost city that Brother Voodoo ended up in. I had a theory that the Counter Earth City the Heroes ended up in was not the 1st one, but just the recent one, the ghost city represented an earlier counter-earth city that was destroyed cause of the High Evolutionary. Sadden to see my Theory was correct however, mainly cause High Evolutionary is now on Thanos Levels of Planet Killing of even his Own People and Cold-Blooded Atrocities!

As the Book said, he treated his own people with as much care as a Petri Dish, that was one of the main lines that stood out for me today.

Brother Voodoo's side story was key and was Well executed by RR. After the Atrocity High Evolutionary did, it gave the scene of the dead more weight, Much More! To find out he kill his own daughter to achieve his Vision dives High Evolutionary even more down an ever growing Demonic Path. Add that to how he tore out Sabertooth's what looked like his Nervous System, this Issue was ALL about High Evolutionary and what the heroes are up against.

For me this raise the stakes greatly and it be interest how far they make High Evolutionary go and what he does to the heroes.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yet, I've heard (rumors, I'll admit. Don't have a concrete source), that it is already putting in dispute Fox's rights to use Quicksilver in further X-Men movies, since Pietro is no longer a mutant nor Eric's son. Honestly, it was bad enough when marketing was calling the shots over creators (Spidey and Wolverine are crazy popular, stick them into everything), but to have to take creative cues from lawyers...?

Peace
    Aside from the fact that two of my favorite Avengers are essentially being ruined, that is ultimately the problem I have with this whole thing. I understand fans want Marvel to use their favorites, but don't they want good stories told with them? Not just politicized company feuds manifesting themselves on the pages of comic books.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Might explain why Wanda can never control herself.
    By what I read in UA #2 today, High Evolutionary considers Anyone that is Not His form of Perfect to be a Falure in any regards, same is said with how he has no respect for the Beings on Earth, he considers them no Better then Bacteria. So Going more into your quote AcesX1X which is more of a interesting post then you might have realized that lead me to this thought;

This Now Goes more into the Mind of who and what High Evolutionary Is! Add to that this new character, the Low Evolutionary, as said by another poster, are they the same being, related, did they split and one is pure Logic and one is pure good emotions? Their is allot of consider here still, which for me is what is most interesting now about the story.

We always Knew that High Evolutionary would go to great lengths to make Life Perfect, but again UA #2 showed how Far is is willing to go now, how extreme he is Now! It shows for me at least a change in him and the key is Low Evolutionary, what connections does he plays play in this High Evolutionary. Where Wanda and Pietro play in all of this I believe will be shown down the line. This for me is still not fully give by the story here, but interested to see what is done the line even more now.

The Main factor that High Evolutionary is the Pinnacle a Tyrant that believes in Life Purity and his so called "Failed" creations are Revolting against him, even in Death as we saw with Brother Voodoo, High Evolutionary Daughter who he Killed and the Rebellion lead by Low Evolutionary, this is turning into a good story of Rebellion and what is the True meaning of how life should be; To Grow by its own Means, Not to be Controlled!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Aside from the fact that two of my favorite Avengers are essentially being ruined, that is ultimately the problem I have with this whole thing. I understand fans want Marvel to use their favorites, but don't they want good stories told with them? Not just politicized company feuds manifesting themselves on the pages of comic books.
    We (the X-board) have been saying that for a while, but no one listened us because we are just a bunch of utterly-paranoid fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    All these anti Wanta types have better mind their own matters, especially these matters considering Dorky-clops and when he will stand trial for killing Xavier.
    Well, given that AvX happened because of House of M, and House of M is Wanda's fault; so the Professor's death is in part her fault.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 02-25-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    The best hope for even mitigating the damage in issues 4 and 5 at this point is if for them to be mutates developed by the HE based on Magneto's DnA, but tweaked.

But, it doesn't feel like they are heading in that direction.