Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Greg Weissman For A Wonder Woman Animated Series

Would anyone like to see Greg Weissman on a WW animated series?

I got the idea from watching Gargoyles and I think there are aspects of that show similar to WW (ancient stranger in modern day, prejudice, use of myths and folk lore etc). What are you guys thoughts?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

The dude who made Gargoyles? One of the best-written animated series of all time?

Hells yeah, I'd like to see him write a Wonder Woman series!

There is literally nothing about Gargoyles that I didn't love. If he brings that same awesomeness to Diana, it would rock!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

I want to see him do the same thing for Wonder Woman that he did for Gargoyles and make use of her infamous mythos and reinvent her villains a bit and make some new foes for her to face.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Oh hell yes, I'd love for him to do it. I was really disappointed that he didn't use much Wondy characters in Young Justice, but that was probably his weakest show. If he focused entirely on her mythos instead of juggling the entire DC universe like in YJ, I think he'd knock it out of the park.

I'm still not over the cancellation of Spectacular Spider-Man. A new season of that would get me way more excited than any MCU news.

Animate the Chiazzarello run!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

And then after one season, it got canceled by Cartoon Network, and then a cheaply-animated cartoon about booger and fart jokes replaced its time slot.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    And then after one season, it got canceled by Cartoon Network, and then a cheaply-animated cartoon about booger and fart jokes replaced its time slot.
    Lol yeah that's probably the only downside to having him connected to a WW cartoon. Between Spectacular Spider-Man, Gargoyles, season 2 of W.I.T.C.H and Young Justice, I'm starting to feel like their's some conspiracy to keep Greg Weisman out of the animation business for some reason.

Greg Weisman would absolutely be my number one pick for a WW animated series. Gargoyles was one of the best series ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Lol yeah that's probably the only downside to having him connected to a WW cartoon. Between Spectacular Spider-Man, Gargoyles, season 2 of W.I.T.C.H and Young Justice, I'm starting to feel like their's some conspiracy to keep Greg Weisman out of the animation business for some reason.
    too smart for tv executives . He is so good, DC should at least put him on animated movies

also he ships Wonder Woman with Trevor
    Last edited by Blacksun; 03-04-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Marvel's got him doing SW at the moment.

But yes. He would make an awesome WW writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What are you guys thoughts?

Hells yes.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

My only concern about Weisman would be is if the show were littered with Xanatos Gambits. If there's one thing I didn't like about YJ, it was how no matter what losses the villains took, everything was always "going as planned."

My only concern about Weisman would be is if the show were littered with Xanatos Gambits. If there's one thing I didn't like about YJ, it was how no matter what losses the villains took, everything was always "going as planned."
    Season 2 seemed to be getting away from that with the team being more proactive once they knew who the villains were.

Maybe that's what Wonder Woman's rogues need... since in the comics, nothing ever goes as they plan. It'd be nice to see Circe weave a massive plan that takes several episodes or even seasons to fulfill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Maybe that's what Wonder Woman's rogues need... since in the comics, nothing ever goes as they plan. It'd be nice to see Circe weave a massive plan that takes several episodes or even seasons to fulfill.
    I had an idea for Zeus and/or Ares appearing as antagonists only for it to be revealed that Circe was manipulating them behind the scenes.