View Poll Results: How would you rate Spider-Verse?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

13 11.11%
  • Bad

8 6.84%
  • Average

38 32.48%
  • Good

39 33.33%
  • Amazing

19 16.24%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Verse: Your Final Verdict

So Spider-Verse has ended. Sure there's the upcoming stuff in Secret Wars, but the event itself that was first announced in March 2014 and has gone for nearly a full year through an insane amount of comics has ended with Amazing Spider-Man #15. Throughout this event we've had new characters introduced, old favorites brought back, beloved characters fall come together, other beloved characters falls, and heroes banding together to vanquish an evil that threatened all of them.

With everything that has been done here possibly being undone by the upcoming Secret Wars, it's time to reflect on what has transpired this past year, and give your overall verdict of the event. On the provided scale, how would you rate the Spider-Verse event as a whole?

I would rate it as Good. Overall I did enjoy it, though there were issues and problems. Some were minor, others were major, but they weren't that big of a determent to the event for me. I felt it was more good than bad.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 02-25-2015 at 05:59 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So Spider-Verse has ended. Sure there's the upcoming stuff in Secret Wars, but the event itself that was first announced in March 2014 and has gone for nearly a full year through an insane amount of comics has ended with Amazing Spider-Man 2015. Throughout this event we've had new characters introduced, old favorites brought back, beloved characters fall come together, other beloved characters falls, and heroes banding together to vanquish an evil that threatened all of them.

With everything that has been done here possibly being undone by the upcoming Secret Wars, it's time to reflect on what has transpired this past year, and give your overall verdict of the event. On the provided scale, how would you rate the Spider-Verse event as a whole?

I would rate it as Good. Overall I did enjoy it, though there were issues and problems. Some were minor, others were major, but they weren't that big of a determent to the event for me. I felt it was more good than bad.
    I am going to go Average because of the conclusion which was better than expected ( especially as related to MJ). I was really afraid of a stupid ending ( see TASM 2 and Rhino).

Not as destructive as I thought it was gonna be.

It had potential to be more epic. At least it wasn't boring or outright disastrous.

Spider-Island still remains Slott's best event for me though.

As far as big spider events go, I still prefer Spider-Island. This didn't really set the world on fire, but it was pretty good. I have no real complaints.

BANNED

If I had to pick between this and the "Spider Wars" of the 90s, the latter would win flat out. It still stings me that the animated series Spidey was a fleeting cameo given his previous experiance in saving all of reality (and he met STAN, how do you not squeeze some mileage out of that?). As with everything that circled Superior, the main problem was the main book. Only a small group out of a teeming legion got essential focus. I would not have minded at all if this had been given a full year-and-a-half like Superior just to factor everything in.

Having said that, I liked the epilouge. It touched on all the right buttons like continuity, tying up some loose ends, and setting up new developments for a laundry list of characters, and I was left satisfied more here than with the whole journey.

The event was not a whole bust. Mike Costa on Scarlet Spiders was phenomenal and really showed us that Ben Reily can work just as well today as he did then, Spider-Gwen got off to a good start, the stories from Conway, Stern and DeFalco were class, Spider-Woman wasn't too bad, and Spidey 2099 was, besides Scarlet, my favorite book in the whole thing. Peter David is such a supreme genius at the tie-in affair.

Overall, I really liked it. I was disappointed by #14 being the "conclusion", but this one definitely tied it up for me and I enjoyed it a lot overall. I think if I read #15 immediately after #14, I would have liked #14 a lot more. I do, now, in retrospect, but at the time I was a little distraught. But overall, I enjoyed it.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

Meh. It really isn't notable for Peter's story at all.
    Sure the event launched a ton of series and showed new characters, but if you read the book for Peter Parker of 616 there's nothing defining for him like Spider-Island or all of the other events by Slott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Not as destructive as I thought it was gonna be.
    That's putting it mildly cause the way you where acting before it came out was worse then how you had been when Avengers Arena was announced

I rank it as amazing, everything was firing on all cilinders and the lack of Coipel in the end hurt nothing

Ultimate Member

It was overly-long, padded out, nonsensical, had bland/boring villains, a distinct lack of character development, was full of pointless and lame character deaths, had a really underwhelming ending, and served no purpose whatsoever.

Basically it was bad.

Good.

It started amazing though.

iMan 42s

It had an interesting beginning, but was poorly paced in the main book and the tie-ins had far more important things happening in them. Peter almost had no point in being here other than he is supposed to be the savior of the story but none of that would have been possible without the tie-ins. I still don't like the portrayal of May here being a 90's character and learning the true meaning of Christmas than her being killed off to make the bad guys seem super serious. Which they are not as they are only invincible thanks to the cloning facilities and a decently powered up spider can kill the previous body.

I have my problems with this event and I'm glad its over.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It was okay. Not as awesome as Ends of the Earth and maybe Spider Island (when i get to read it) but it was a bit more funny.

Could've been better.

BANNED

Judging the main event with the tie-ins, I have to say it was pretty Amazing. Awesome new spider-characters were created. It took parts of Spidey continuity that I don't care much for like Morlun & The Other and told an epic story with that frame work.

My biggest critique, we didn't really see the different spiders work together to take down the Inheritors in the final battle of this multi-universal war. The last battle with the Inheritors should have been way more epic.

I'm lukewarm on killing MC2's Pete, but I actually really like Mayday becoming Spider-Woman. The Master Weaver/Karn stuff was cool. The epilogue was a pretty satisfying resolution. I'm all on board for Secrect Wars: Spider-Verse.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Whatever option equals " had it's pluses "?

+ Some interesting characters came out of it.
    + Overall plot was acceptable.
    + Villains were interesting.
    + Some characters had notable moments.

- Way too stuffed. Too much filling in this thing and much of it didn't need to be there nor come out of ones bank account.
    - A lot of long stretched out points that also didn't need to happen.
    - Last issue (#12 final showdown) should have been stretched back into two issue and some of stuff that wasn't relevant to the plot trimmed to make space for it.
    - Too many fan favorite characters show up and do nothing in favor of obscures and too many obscures taking space if not full stories to themselves and serving no relevance to the plot.

* " All the Spider-men and women ever ever minus like six or so we can't get the rights to. " Not really a factor, everyone figured that wasn't going to be true unless off panel counts.

** Noting: I see a pro listed around the board that we got Silk/Silk series out of it. Silk came from Original Sin and presumably a series was already planned given how ahead of schedule Marvel claims to be putting things together. The tagline " Spinning Out Of Spider-verse " was just on the series as this events title is more buzzworthy than the now past tense Original Sin one. Else I would of credited it this myself as well.

I could have done with a shorter less convoluted story overall.
    Last edited by SickAlice; 02-25-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    I make love, you make me sick.