View Poll Results: How would you rate Spider-Verse?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

13 11.11%
  • Bad

8 6.84%
  • Average

38 32.48%
  • Good

39 33.33%
  • Amazing

19 16.24%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It was good.

There are some flaws (the villains weren't that impressive) but it was a lot of fun to see all the spider-men working together.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I voted for amazing. Best series from Marvel that I read in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    - Last issue (#12 final showdown) should have been stretched back into two issue and some of stuff that wasn't relevant to the plot trimmed to make space for it.
    Have to agree with this. I almost wanted a Bendisian-style breakdown of the final battle lasting multiple issues, but I guess that's the drawback when there has to be a definitive end to get onto the next story.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

I was not really fan of what was supposed to be the end of the event a few weeks ago.
    I just read the "epilogue" and now I really feel like closure and I have a more positive appreciation of the overall.

Meant to vote amazing accidentally hit average. Had everything I wanted. Action, suspense, character drama and an amazing end that tied up loose ends while seeding future stories and finally Peter was shown to be the superior Spider-Man. Best of Slott's work. Was worried with how Goblin Nation fell flat but with today's issue everything hit the right marks. The tie ins were good the main book amazing, excuse the pun. I even forgive the death of Ben Reilly because he went out like a hero

Average

Story was pointless. It wasn't bad, just a pointless tangent.

For me, I think the timing doesn't help. Pete comes back for one story, then Spider-Verse. And what I really end up getting out of seven issues is that I'd rather be reading about the supporting cast. I want to know what's going on with Anna Maria and Sajani and JJJ and MJ and Aunt May more than I want to know about Spider-Ham.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

5/10
    It ended too quickly, most deaths were at the beginning and only there for shock value and it didn't even have all the spiders on the promo poster. The spider not showing up was really disappointing.

Loved it. Sure it would've been nice if we got to see what was going on more from different perspectives, like missing most of Miles' and the final issue could've done more if it were extra sized, but still the best Marvel event of 2014 and keeps me invested for Secret Wars: Spider-Verse later this year.

I'll go with average, it would have been great if not for the lackluster conclusion.

i'll go with average- it really had me at the beginning and pretty pumped by midway but my expectations weren't met by the finale. it had every right ingredient though they just didn't fully cook.

i think the event had a lot of positives in general though, besides the story: some great new characters and revisiting old ones.

I voted good. I really enjoyed seeing the other spider characters (I was unsure of this at the start). Enjoyed how the tie ins worked. It did not get amazing from me as the ending seemed quick but as I have learned from Slott so far is that there is more to come, hopefully it ties things off.

All I know is that I hope that Amazing starts to get back to street level stories involving Peter/Spider-man. Tired of Amazing being all about these other characters and Peter being second string in his own book.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It was okay. Not as awesome as Ends of the Earth and maybe Spider Island (when i get to read it) but it was a bit more funny.

Could've been better.

Spider Island was a great read- alot of the ideas could SERIOUSLY have gone wrong, when I first heard the premise I was sure I was going to hate it but I was so wrong , I was surprise how much I enjoyed it, as for Spider-verse.. started out great but the last issue was less then it should have been... The Inheritors were taken down so easily, the mirror Spider-men and women didn't really have their moment to really shine especially 616 Peter..