View Poll Results: How would you rate Spider-Verse?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awful

13 11.11%
  • Bad

8 6.84%
  • Average

38 32.48%
  • Good

39 33.33%
  • Amazing

19 16.24%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Found it to be very enjoyable and of the BIG event arcs of Slott's tenure, probably the best. I also liked almost all of the tie ins I sampled which may just be me enjoying the fan service but they were all fun.

That being said, it wasn't perfect, still think Morlun and his family are boring invincible jerks in period dress (save Karn who I wish had a expanded role). I don't think we got the most mileage out of all the various characters that showed up and as a long time fan of Spider-Girl ('Mayday' Parker that is) even with the ending I feel somewhat cheated by her depiction throughout the event. Another part that I can't really blame anyone for but I think it would have been perfect if they could have tied this closer to Hickman's Incursions/Secret Wars storyline as well and the fact that it doesn't look like they did do it save Spider UK is disappointing.

like most big stories, ruined by ending. ending is paramount. think of it first, then build the story around it. not other way around.
    Thor: "I was flying through the cosmos, on my way to Midgard, when something struck me in the face. It was blood."

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    like most big stories, ruined by ending. ending is paramount. think of it first, then build the story around it. not other way around.
    I must agree, always have the ending in mind before you start an epic tale.

Spectacular Member

If rating all the Spider-Verse stories... Average. It had some great parts and some terrible parts. It had Olivier Coipel, it had Greg Land. For the most part, I did enjoy those alternate spider-man one-shots, probably more than the main story line. But that Spanish Spider-Man story with the translations moved to different pages/panels was just awful.

I guess I have a bias against Dan Slott as well. The last arc I really enjoyed was Spider Island. Not that he's bad, but he's been on this book a long time and his proclivities grate on me. Sometimes I'll read an issue and think "I'm being too harsh, this is actually pretty good"... then I look at the credits and it's Christos Gage. So I'm glad to hear that Gage will be continuing to co-write.

I had fun, except for issue #14 which crammed too much into too little space. Since I'm chiming in so late, here's my pros and cons:

Liked:
    1) The number of classic historic Spideys who showed in the story. The authors really did their research here.
    2) Good sendoff for Mayday even if her dad is dead.
    3) Good wrapup in #15 made up for the shortfalls of #14.

Disliked:
    1) The prophecy never made sense and wasn't adequately explained. WHY was it so significant that those three characters be killed? This never seemed to be explained beyond "because the author said so."
    2) What was the deal with Loomworld? Slott hinted in interviews that Earth-001 was pretty significant, but this too was never explained. The big oddity was that it had so many members of 616-Spidey's cast (and the hounds were all Spidey villains), so it seemed to be some kind of Spider-significant world. This, too, was never explained.
    3) Lack of zombie Spidey. Sticking the inheritors on Radiation-World was appropriate, but it would have been deliciously ironic for them to end up in the zombieverse.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Good, just a smidge above average IMO.

Nothing to really write home about and I don't see a lot of permanent consequences for Peter from the event moving forward. But it was a fun (if long) story arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Good, just a smidge above average IMO.

Nothing to really write home about and I don't see a lot of permanent consequences for Peter from the event moving forward. But it was a fun (if long) story arc.
    Well, there is the diminished Spider-Sense and Anna's A.I in sleep mode, but on the whole, I think this is quite sad too when you reflect on the choice of antagonist. His last two encounters with Morlun led to loads of consequences, either receiving a power upgrade that lasted until OMD, or led to circumstances which involved Aunt May discovering his secret. There was not even anything that really resolved his primal attraction to Silk, instead that was left entirely in Cindy's hands to deal with in her own book.

Brought to you by CarlsJr SickAlice's Avatar

Peter was also allegedly nerfed somehow by having some of his essence drained though they weren't clear on the specifics. The whole Spider-sense thing makes me a little shaky given the implication that Spider-sense is tied to the Web and therefore a muted version of Madame Webs powerset. Only a little though, power changes tend not to stick where Peter is concerned, no pun intended.
    I make love, you make me sick.

Good. It was a lot of fun! I realy hope Ben survived that explosion. Overall enjoyed the hell out of it. Hope it dosent change anything with the way Superior ended, let it end where it ended. p.s.....Bring back BEN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    Well, there is the diminished Spider-Sense and Anna's A.I in sleep mode, but on the whole, I think this is quite sad too when you reflect on the choice of antagonist. His last two encounters with Morlun led to loads of consequences, either receiving a power upgrade that lasted until OMD, or led to circumstances which involved Aunt May discovering his secret. There was not even anything that really resolved his primal attraction to Silk, instead that was left entirely in Cindy's hands to deal with in her own book.
    You know, JMS said he wrote the totem stuff into the books in a way that each reader could take it or leave it as they like. That both explanation could still fit. And from what I recall, it did pretty much play out like that. But if Peter's spider sense is now affected by the web or life (or whatever they called it), then that's a pretty firm "it's the totem" statement.

I liked this event way more than Spider-Island, however the payoff/ending was a bit of a let down. So all of the Spider people spider-sense is messed up in some way we haven't really seen yet...so what? I feel like that story has been told 100 times. Also I hace a question... So annas A.I. is in sleep mode for 100 days right? But Otto went back to his own time and had Anna A.I. didn't he? I don't remember so I'm asking here cause that part confused me a bit.

iMan 42s

Re reading Spiderverse I couldn't help but notice some glaring points

-What made Peter so special? The final plan worked because the Scarlet Spiders destroying the clone facilities and Kaine killing Solus and that wouldn't have been possible if THEY didn't decide to go.

-Why didn't Old man Ezekiel tell everyone about the Scion, The Other, and The Bride?

-The Scion and The Other I get. The Bride representing a spider being created by chance? That doesn't begin to make sense when you associate the word (Bride) and its definition in spiderverse.

-What was the bride supposed to do? What makes her important? Cindy likely isn't the first to receive this designation as a spider created by chance because any other interpretation of Peter is that, and I know Peter was supposed to be the Other but any other Peter doesn't count?

-Never told you who you really are huh? Great a thread of Silk we wont see develop in the book that was ABOUT this thing.

-How could Solus kill Captain Universe but not the Other? The Uni Power is one of the most powerful things in the Marvel Universe and we have never seen the Other this powerful before this point.

-Kaine could kill Solus in a panel that would make Indiana Jones blush and yet is easily taken down by Morlun?

-Why had Kaine and Silk not been put into a bunker? If they are so important wouldn't the other spiders want to hide them?

-Superior had his situation under control. But the second he opens his mouth to make a good point being that Peter cant handle this situation and from reading this HE CANT. Otto is punched in the face and gets to play curmudgeonly old war horse.

-If you really wanted to destroy the Spiders why not just kill the Master Weaver?

-Dimensional portals could never be a thing with inheritors? Why? They seem to be doing all right with Cloning, Jennix already stated they just cant give them stuff so he and his siblings can feed. They can even conquer realities but none of these worlds had a dimensional portal or anyone smart enough to build them in the how many centuries to millennia these things have been doing this?

-How did the Inheritors capture Karn? He knows what they will do to him so why didn't he send them to the radioactive world when he had the chance?

-If Karn really has to be captured why didn't he just create a bunch of radioactive spider-men to stop them sooner and make it so they cant feed on them.

- If Karn weaves worlds why not weave a bunch of worlds that like Jennix's clones lack totem essence?

-Why was Loomworld so Spider centric?

-Peter isn't comfortable with Killing anyone even Otto but when he dies clearly lacking the information he does in spiderverse its OK to let him commit suicide.

-Why didn't Karn take off his mask when he joined the spiders? HE wasn't with the Inheritors so aside from surprising the audience what was the point to him keeping it on?

-Just how durable are the inheritors? They can be killed from being shot in the throat, incinerated, maimed, poisoned (Radiation), be immobilized by stasis fields, starved, and beaten.
    And yet they can take hits from Captain Universe, a weaker one can bring down the Other, Ignore Adamantium blades, Resist future tech weapons, puncture wounds
    A bit of consistency?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm thinking the reduced spider sense is going to come into play at some crucial moment when Alchemex tries to use their jammer again.

BANNED

If Kaine was dead I'd be pissed and give this a low score.

I give it AMAZING though.

A shame Miles wasn't offed. I still want a dead Miles picture framed on my wall next to the picture of Kaine killing Ock

All-New Member

Fun, but overly lengthy.