Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    Even so, given Tom was told to make her Spider-Woman years ago anyway, there's always the chance that MC2 Mayday has grown up with her family intact and still took on that identity. (Yes, I admit I am reaching now)

That also doesn't rule out the possibility of seeing Mayday as Spider-Girl again though (unless Marvel confirm this was a world destroyed by incursions)
    Tom D. and Ron F. fought the destiny of Spider-girl before in Spider-girl The END and they change the future for the better. Who is to say that they can do it again for Secret Wars and both acknowledge the event while ignoring what happen before ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again....for an event that claims to have EVERY SPIDER-MAN in Marvel history ever to appear, it is sure a misleading claim.
    Dan Slott's a good promoter who has a strong advertising background. He knows how to excite a person's interest in getting them to come inside the house and closing the entrance doors.

BANNED

I said it before and I'll say it again....for an event that claims to have EVERY SPIDER-MAN in Marvel history ever to appear, it is sure a misleading claim.
    Those two are misleading because not only are they too much in your face, they are too connected to Peter and May`s background. They are evident, big part of May`s world, and the inheritors were right there in that universe. No excuse not to use them.

I`m sure they could cook some now, thought, but that would be beside the point within the event.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Another possibility to consider is that Mayday's innocent dimension was hidden away by the Weaver much like the universe of the syndicated strip. I'm certain that is going to shield that universe from the incursions too mainly because it by it's nature, has to run continuously
    Maybe, or her Universe may be one of the unmentioned Universes that wasn't wiped out and wasn't a part of Battleworld for whatever reason. Whatever the case, there are outs if a Writer wants to but an MC2 where Peter still lives seems unlikely as of this time for Secret Wars at the very least as it makes sense to use the Mayday, and her Universe, that was in Spiderverse.

Personally I wonder how they'll handle Earth-X as Peter isn't fat in Earth-X anymore, Earth-X series ended on a cliffhanger, and Earth-X Venom (Mayday) should still be under Kang's service/protection.

nah, mayday got a lot of screen time, moreso than most other alternate spideys. wanting the mc2 universe to feature even more is a personal wish and an unfair accusation. strikes me as somewhat ungrateful.

as to whether they could have jettisoned other stories/spotlights in favour of even MORE mc2, sure...but there's always the possibility that the writers (and most writers) who wrote those "filler" stories just aren't interested in mc2. and the question is really...why should they be? for what story reason? i still don't get the "you there- write comic, make me happy" attitude.
    Last edited by boots; 02-25-2015 at 06:38 PM.

The gimmick was every iteration of Spider-Man, not everyone with spider powers.

Well some were MIA... Still don't know why they had Fat Earth-X Peter Parker since he has long since lost the extra weight. Course he never showed up in-story but he did show up in Spider-Man Unlimited which seems to be where many Spiders not in the series will be appearing.

Personally I'm glad that Spiderverse is continuing in Secret Wars and perhaps beyond as as well as having a much more focused cast.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-26-2015 at 09:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Maybe, or her Universe may be one of the unmentioned Universes that wasn't wiped out and wasn't a part of Battleworld for whatever reason. Whatever the case, there are outs if a Writer wants to but an MC2 where Peter still lives seems unlikely as of this time for Secret Wars at the very least as it makes sense to use the Mayday, and her Universe, that was in Spiderverse.
    It looks like that is going to happen. Ron Frenz confirmed Tom D will be again handling Mayday in the SW tie-in for MC2, and that, while he had not read the final issues, he and Tom were informed of what had been done to advance Mayday's character, so he probably will be using the one from Spider-Verse.

BANNED

It looks like that is going to happen. Ron Frenz confirmed Tom D will be again handling Mayday in the SW tie-in for MC2, and that, while he had not read the final issues, he and Tom were informed of what had been done to advance Mayday's character, so he probably will be using the one from Spider-Verse.
    Or they could ignore it and stick with their own theory.

BANNED

That's only if editorial wants them to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I wished that Galina Tsarfin and the Spider-Girl(next avengers) were featured alongside Ashley Barton.
    I'm guessing Galina, a woman treated as though she were a potential mate for Peter, is dead.

Not seeing editorial letting that happen, especially since the Mayday shown or the Spiderverse team is clearly the one t hat was in Spiderverse who had teamed up with Spider-UK and Anya already. Would be completely strange if they randomly picked a Mayday that wasn't in Spiderverse when there's a perfectly fine Mayday that was in Spiderverse and just got promoted to Spider-Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    I'm guessing Galina, a woman treated as though she were a potential mate for Peter, is dead.
    I see Galina as the closest thing as the daughter of Spider-Man x Black Widow.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Not seeing editorial letting that happen, especially since the Mayday shown or the Spiderverse team is clearly the one t hat was in Spiderverse who had teamed up with Spider-UK and Anya already. Would be completely strange if they randomly picked a Mayday that wasn't in Spiderverse when there's a perfectly fine Mayday that was in Spiderverse and just got promoted to Spider-Woman.
    We'll have to see what happens once the SW event comes to a close. We can at least be glad that Earth-X Mayday was not part of the Spider-Verse as Slott would have killed her off, along with the daughter of Ben Reilly x Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    We'll have to see what happens once the SW event comes to a close. We can at least be glad that Earth-X Mayday was not part of the Spider-Verse as Slott would have killed her off, along with the daughter of Ben Reilly x Mary Jane.
    Exiles Spider-Girl maybe in Secret Wars but if Earth-X Venom is in it I will be highly disappointed as she's supposed to be serving Kang still. Worse yet it Earth-X Peter is randomly fat again.