Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Not seeing editorial letting that happen, especially since the Mayday shown or the Spiderverse team is clearly the one t hat was in Spiderverse who had teamed up with Spider-UK and Anya already. Would be completely strange if they randomly picked a Mayday that wasn't in Spiderverse when there's a perfectly fine Mayday that was in Spiderverse and just got promoted to Spider-Woman.
    While that maybe true. You have to remember that Tom D. and Ron f. Both did play ball with editorial in their Spider-verse story and acknowledge the event. I'm willing to be no one saw their little trick coming in the story, except for the fans of Mayday PARKER.

Astonishing Member

Exiles Spider-Girl maybe in Secret Wars but if Earth-X Venom is in it I will be highly disappointed as she's supposed to be serving Kang still. Worse yet it Earth-X Peter is randomly fat again.
    I do not think that Earth-X Peter is fat again as this version might have played a part of the Spider-Verse before losing the weight. I think that using every single Spider-Man known was overkill, in my opinion..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    While that maybe true. You have to remember that Tom D. and Ron f. Both did play ball with editorial in their Spider-verse story and acknowledge the event. I'm willing to bet no one saw their little trick coming in the story, except for the fans of Mayday PARKER.
    They know that their Mayday Parker is not the Spider-Girl that Slott played with. I always felt that Marvel should have left Mayday Parker alone and focus on a Spider-Girl whose related to Spider-Man x Black Widow or Spider-Man x Black Cat, for example.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I do not think that Earth-X Peter is fat again as this version might have played a part of the Spider-Verse before losing the weight. I think that using every single Spider-Man known was overkill, in my opinion..
    Well, he's fat in Spider-Man Unlimited so who knows.

I just hope Secret Wars remembers Kang and his Chronos Corps as that was a really awesome team that should still be serving him.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Well, he's fat in Spider-Man Unlimited so who knows.

I just hope Secret Wars remembers Kang and his Chronos Corps as that was a really awesome team that should still be serving him.
    I think that the fat Peter Parker is not our Earth-X Peter Parker as Slott didn't use him that much at all. Otherwise, he might have known that Earth-X Peter Parker is a CS-Investigator.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that the fat Peter Parker is not our Earth-X Peter Parker as Slott didn't use him that much at all. Otherwise, he might have known that Earth-X Peter Parker is a CS-Investigator.
    Perhaps he forgot or the editor didn't remind him about that?

I mean, Bendis forgets a lot of history all the time as do other writers so that could be the case here.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

None of the other MC2 characters probably had the time to help Mayday. After Daemos kills Mayday's parents, her fellow Spiders rescue her. I doubt anyone else knew what happened till much later.

In a comic book story you suspend disbelief about the shared universe. Have to. Otherwise every time Norman Osborn attacked Spider-Man, Iron Man or Captain America might swoop in and punch him. Gwen Stacy was thrown off of a bridge in broad daylight and died. Where was the Fantastic Four, who share the same city? You'd think Spider-Man and a Green Goblin guy fighting it out on a major commuter bridge, and killing a pretty blond girl in the process, might have made the emergency news feed and been noticed by some other hero in time for them to come make a difference. But nope.

Likewise, De Falco wrote lots of stories that are insular, featuring only a limited set of characters rather than all the ones who could become involved. One really could pick apart almost any story that takes place in a shared universe in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    But it was the ORIGINAL MC-2 Writer that noted in his Spider-verse story that this Mayday couldn't be the TRUE Mayday from his story regardless of correct use of the Alternate world that Slott had on paper.

Remember Slott did annoy Ron Frenz, the original Spider-girl Co-creator with this little stunt of his.
    Dude, are you serious? It was meant to be the Mayday we've read about in Tom Defalco's series. He never established that it wasn't. He just included a line of dialogue where Mayday, who has just had the whole 'alternate worlds' thing explained to her by the radioactive world's Uncle Ben, speculates that hopefully somewhere in the multiverse is another version of her that didn't experience the tragedy that she just did. It's the real Mayday.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    In a comic book story you suspend disbelief about the shared universe. Have to. Otherwise every time Norman Osborn attacked Spider-Man, Iron Man or Captain America might swoop in and punch him. Gwen Stacy was thrown off of a bridge in broad daylight and died. Where was the Fantastic Four, who share the same city? You'd think Spider-Man and a Green Goblin guy fighting it out on a major commuter bridge, and killing a pretty blond girl in the process, might have made the emergency news feed and been noticed by some other hero in time for them to come make a difference. But nope.

Likewise, De Falco wrote lots of stories that are insular, featuring only a limited set of characters rather than all the ones who could become involved. One really could pick apart almost any story that takes place in a shared universe in this way.
    Yep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    It's the real Mayday..
    According to Slott, the whole moral of the story is "everyone's favorite is real". That hardly narrows it down.

There's enough minor differences, which were pointed out by Frenz, one of the chief creative talents that worked on her for years and a continuity major, to dispute how valid this Mayday is to her long-term fans for as long as time exists. Tom gave us an intentional "out" that did not hinder the overall story, and if we want to take it, we can, if we don't and don't want to feel cheated out of a major development, there's that option too.

In my (and his) opinion, and from what we take from the inconsistencies in the story as a whole, she is just an AU Mayday. You think it's the real one because you're interested in her ascension to Spider-Woman. Fine. Cool, but don't insist your opinion, YOUR interpretation, as fact on others who are interpreting things differently.
    Last edited by R.K.Z; 02-26-2015 at 04:41 PM.

If those complaining were truly fans of The MC-2 Universe and Spider-Girl, they would be happy that another writer was actually interested in using the character at all.

It works both way, friends.

-Pav, who loves Kaine and Darkdevil too but isn't losing sleep over it...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.Z View Post
    According to Slott, the whole moral of the story is "everyone's favorite is real". That hardly narrows it down.

There's enough minor differences, which were pointed out by Frenz, one of the chief creative talents that worked on her for years and a continuity major, to dispute how valid this Mayday is to her long-term fans for as long as time exists. Tom gave us an intentional "out" that did not hinder the overall story, and if we want to take it, we can, if we don't and don't want to feel cheated out of a major development, there's that option too.

In my (and his) opinion, and from what we take from the inconsistencies in the story as a whole, she is just an AU Mayday. You think it's the real one because you're interested in her ascension to Spider-Woman. Fine. Cool, but don't insist your opinion, YOUR interpretation, as fact on others who are interpreting things differently.
    yeah head canon is fun, and everyone should have their own personal interpretations.

just a point about "inconsistencies", we can sit down with any run on any super hero comic and find enough continuity conflicts to "prove" the same things. even before omd, there were enough in spiderman for me to make a case that his reality had been altered 7 times.

it's interesting that defalco wrote the first interaction between spider-uncle ben and mayday, especially as he seems to be set now as part of her new supporting cast. if she is the "original" mayday, it makes a lot of sense for him to write the beginnings of their relationship as he would be going forward with that as her new continuity. the combo just seems a little too coincidental if this is supposed to be the an alternate mayday (outside of head canon) and not part of a bigger plan for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    If those complaining were truly fans of The MC-2 Universe and Spider-Girl, they would be happy that another writer was actually interested in using the character at all.

It works both way, friends.

-Pav, who loves Kaine and Darkdevil too but isn't losing sleep over it...
    While I always wondered what would the MC-2 Universe and Spider-girl sound like under Slott's writing, I didn't expect it would be like this.

You know, I apologize for sounding off topic, but for all of Slott's talk of Peter's friendship with Johnny Storm of the Fantastic Four and the history of it, he could have at least had the MC-2 Universe Fantastic Five make a cameo in the storyline.

If there ever is a NEW Spider-Girl book starring May....I would be a reader....as for the newer spider "GIRLS" I say "MEH"
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak