Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member

They need to keep it simple, the way Geoff Johns did. To me, that was the ultimate version of the Superboy character:

Mix of Lex and Superman
    TTK but also Kryptonian powers (with the promise that he would eventually become more powerful than Superman)
    Finding his place in the world with the Kents (who are dead now, oh well)

The one thing I would have liked to have seen in Johns' run is more Luthor in Superboy - basically, make him more intelligent and almost amoral, like the New 52 Kon at the start of his series. That right there would be a compelling, easy to understand and interesting character IMO.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by monari View Post
    they need to keep it simple, the way geoff johns did. To me, that was the ultimate version of the superboy character:

Mix of lex and superman
    ttk but also kryptonian powers (with the promise that he would eventually become more powerful than superman)
    finding his place in the world with the kents (who are dead now, oh well)

the one thing i would have liked to have seen in johns' run is more luthor in superboy - basically, make him more intelligent and almost amoral, like the new 52 kon at the start of his series. That right there would be a compelling, easy to understand and interesting character imo.
    this !!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure if anyone here follows "Grayson", but Tim Seeley and Tom King are doing dynamite work on that book. King, new to the game, is showing himself to be an obvious student of the Moore and early Miller school of meticulous, highly structured storytelling.

Anyway, he's co-writing the upcoming Teen Titans Annual which reintroduces Superboy into the Titans and then he'll be co-plotting Titans. It seems as though his whole purpose in being brought on was to focus on, and incorporate, and revitalize Superboy. In a recent podcast he talks about the character, his affection for the Geoff Johns take on that character, and his determination to bring him back to that level of interest and power. He calls him the "Channing Tatum of the DCU; this big, hunky, good hearted guy".

He's a fantastic writer. And it's very, very promising to see him on the title at all, and specifically taking on Superboy. It's a shame he's not doing the actual writing, but still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Mix of Lex and Superman
    Never found the appeal in this. Also seemed very awkward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    They need to keep it simple, the way Geoff Johns did. To me, that was the ultimate version of the Superboy character:

Mix of Lex and Superman
    TTK but also Kryptonian powers (with the promise that he would eventually become more powerful than Superman)
    Finding his place in the world with the Kents (who are dead now, oh well)

The one thing I would have liked to have seen in Johns' run is more Luthor in Superboy - basically, make him more intelligent and almost amoral, like the New 52 Kon at the start of his series. That right there would be a compelling, easy to understand and interesting character IMO.

I agree they need to make his origin simple,but simple could be Lex or loiss dna combined with supermans resulting in a Mutated hybrid clone.

I think TTK could mimic all superman's powers,plus many more on top of that.the key is to keep him unique while making him obviously created from superman.i would also like it if they focused on the benefits and negatives of being part human when it comes to his powers.

Lex should be his creator no matter if his dna was used or not,he is just to awesome to not use,and could lead to great moments with a intelligent kon,

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone here follows "Grayson", but Tim Seeley and Tom King are doing dynamite work on that book. King, new to the game, is showing himself to be an obvious student of the Moore and early Miller school of meticulous, highly structured storytelling.

Anyway, he's co-writing the upcoming Teen Titans Annual which reintroduces Superboy into the Titans and then he'll be co-plotting Titans. It seems as though his whole purpose in being brought on was to focus on, and incorporate, and revitalize Superboy. In a recent podcast he talks about the character, his affection for the Geoff Johns take on that character, and his determination to bring him back to that level of interest and power. He calls him the "Channing Tatum of the DCU; this big, hunky, good hearted guy".

He's a fantastic writer. And it's very, very promising to see him on the title at all, and specifically taking on Superboy. It's a shame he's not doing the actual writing, but still.

That's cool,and it wouldn't be hard at all to add the things that made the past versions of Kon work to the new kon.