Super Moderator

Default John Romita Sr. Reflects on His Spider-Man Legacy, Gwen Stacy's Death and Stan Lee

The legendary Marvel artist spoke with CBR about defining the Silver Age, killing Gwen Stacy and all things Spider-Man across his storied career.

Full article here.

One of my all time favorite artist.

Thanks for this. John Romita is my all-time favorite storyteller, and I enjoyed learning more about him.

Spectacular Member

I love John Romita's art. There is something special about how he draws everyone. I've read that killing Gwen Stacy story many times, but it's always interesting to see their process. It's almost like they killed her off because she was one of their favorites. They figured if they cared about her, the reader probably did too.

Amazing Member

Thanks, CBR and JRSr for this wonderful interview. What a legend.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Huge fan of Romita's work, this was a great read.

All-New Member

I was always hoping to see Mr. Romita pencil (and ink) a Spider-Girl story (no slam against Frenz/Oliffe/Buscema) since I always looked forward to his art in the Silver and Bronze ages (and those few artistic gems in Modern times).

Amazing Member

Wow. To be able to talk to john romita sr is such a privilege. Thanks for doing this interview. I'm sorry to hear that he won't be doing any more work because he doesn't think his art is as good as it once was. it makes me sad because I still dream of one more Romita sr. Spider-man story.

John Romita is my favorite Spider-Man artist. The guy is too modest, though. I've bought all his IDW Artist Editions. The guy is fantastic!

Astonishing Member

One of my favorites comic books artist.
    The stories John Romita Sr illustrated and inked in Amazing Spider-Man must had been the comics i re-read more times.