• It's alright

31 27.19%
  • I don't like it

26 22.81%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    All-New Member

I like the outfit except the headgear.

I preferred his old visor.

Works better with some artists than it does with others. Overall, it's a pretty alright costume.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You do know that it was Mr Sinister who designed Scott's original visor...
    Neither know nor care.

A revelation which was recently and unnecessarily retconned in X-Men Origins: Cyclops (2010).
    Considering that Mr. Sinister didn't even exist for the first 24 years of Men comics, him inventing it was a retcon in the first place.

I don't follow you... Please, elaborate.
    If he can only shoot if he's touching his visor, he's only pose in fights is going to be standing there with his hand on his visor. Which obviously never has been the case, so some overly anal retentive writer came up with the buttons in his glove retcon to explain that.

If his visor didn't have a way of opening but could block his optic blast -- how could he unleash his power(s)?
    It's energy. The visor is transparant. Light doesn't break your windows when it comes crashing through them. I always figured the visor worked like polarised lenses that can alter their polarisation. I mean, the visor allows him to do things with his blasts that simply opening it can't explain, like focusing it into a narrow beam.

Not for nothing, and no disrespect... But, then you have a lot to learn.
    Like Japanese, or playing the piano. I do not consider these kinds of details to be important.
    Last edited by Carabas; 05-18-2014 at 03:55 AM.

Love it. I like it when characters have new costumes that use different colours or elements than what the character usually wears. Like this, Emma's black leather outfit or the new Fantastic Four uniforms.

BANNED

I think the way the guy or gal underneath the costume is drawn is more important than the costume really, although the Power Rangers costumes for the Teen O5 are admittedly horrible even when a godling like Immonen is drawing them.

With the UMX v3 Cyke fetishwear, I think the head thingummy makes no sense at all and just makes one wonder if his optic blasts would be squiggly-wiggling quite so much if he dug out one of his old visors.

I do like the way the red lines highlight his exceptionally fine ass, although it makes me side-eye Illyana a little as she's the one who designed it. Also, nipslips and bromance is always acceptable in any costume.

BANNED

Still really like the black costume. That is probably my favorite if I had to choose one.

There was just so much to like about it

BANNED

The traditional costume definitely worked for Cyke as well but really I think a good artist can make any costume work and a not so good one isn't going to make the best costume in the world work

It's all right. I like the costume in general, but I don't like the X on the face. I'd rather he continued with the costume, but went back to wearing one of hps old visors.

Peace

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I'm so sick of his condom covering outfits. I want him to show his long flowing hair and some skin! Why do they have to make the girls the only ones to dress provocatively?
    agree... he needs to show some hair.
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think the only time Cyclops has ever had a decent design was in some variation of an X-Factor costume. This new one is probably my least favorite ever, but I do like the Teen Cyke one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Neither know nor care.

Considering that Mr. Sinister didn't even exist for the first 24 years of Men comics, him inventing it was a retcon in the first place.
    If you've been a X-Fan as long as some of us have been then you'd know the difference between a "retcon" and a "back-story" explanation. Fact of the matter is, as I've pointed out in the scans I've provided... Dr. Millbury (Mr. Sinister) was the person who ran the orphanage Scott grew up in (X-Men#38)... Not a retcon!

If he can only shoot if he's touching his visor, he's only pose in fights is going to be standing there with his hand on his visor. Which obviously never has been the case, so some overly anal retentive writer came up with the buttons in his glove retcon to explain that.

That "overly anal retentive" as you so poorly put it was Chris Claremont!

It's energy. The visor is transparant. Light doesn't break your windows when it comes crashing through them. I always figured the visor worked like polarised lenses that can alter their polarisation. I mean, the visor allows him to do things with his blasts that simply opening it can't explain, like focusing it into a narrow beam.
    You figured wrong! Scott's optic blast isn't energy in the conventional sense, they're a form of concussive force and as such would smash through a transparent window pane because it physically there. You should know this.

Like Japanese, or playing the piano. I do not consider these kinds of details to be important.
    "Think you're the best there is at what you do? Is your knowledge of the merry Marvel mutants the focused totality of your trivia abilities? Well, then, welcome to the X-Books community. Hope you survive the experience!"
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-18-2014 at 11:00 AM.

It's not bad of an outfit and I don't mind it though that cowl still makes no sense considering that it's a mask instead of a visor.

BANNED

If you've been a X-Fan as long as some of us have been then you'd know the difference between a "retcon" and a "back-story" explanation. Fact of the matter is, as I've pointed out in the scans I've provided... Dr. Millbury (Mr. Sinister) was the person who ran the orphanage Scott grew up in (X-Men#38)... Not a retcon!
    A backstory explanation that comes over two decades after the character is first introduced is what we generally refer to as a retcon.
    Retcon and backstory explanation are not mutually exclusive terms.

That "overly anal retentive" as you so poorly put it was [U]Chris Claremont
    So? It could be Alan Moore and zombie Fyodor Dostoyevsky co-writing and it would still be an anal retentive explanation of somehting that didn't need to be explained. It's this kind of storytelling that lead us to the origin story of Barry Allen's bowtie.

You figured wrong! Scott's optic blast isn't energy in the conventional sense, they're a form of concussive force and as such would smash through a transparent window pane because it physically there. You should know this.
    This one I actually knew. Except it's not as cut and dried because even Chris Bloody Claremont has shown Cyclops useing it as a laser beam to light a camp fire.
    And concussive force of course has no business being red.
    Last edited by Carabas; 05-18-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

At first I wasn't a fan of the 'X' visor, but its growing on me.

Overall, I like it. Not my favorite costume, but its serving its purpose and its leaving an impression.

The visor has always been what made Scott's costume work. It gave him the one eyed Cyclops look. Without it, his costume really doesn't look like anything.

Although I do like the black and red look. It wouldn't normally work for him, but he's still going through his rebellious wannabe badass phase so it fits.