Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deadpool #42 spoilers (Duel in the Desert with Omega Red!!!)

To anyone who is jumping in on this issue because of Omega Red and didn’t check out last issue here is the link to the spoiler thread so you can get caught up.
    http://community.comicbookresources....dle-East!!!%29

spoilers:

It starts out with Lil’ Deadpool still all depressed.

Back in Monster Metropolis, Night Court is now in session Shiklah tells the bailiff not to say that when Deadpool’s not in the house. She finds out that Wade raided all the ancient Syrian whiskey.

Wade is back in Al Wazirabad helping the locals repel Roxxon’s mercenaries. The locals comment that they would be dead without him (Finally, some respect for Wade).

Omega Red asks the mercenaries who is in charge and decapitates the one who raised his hand. He then asks again who is in charge? (You are!)

They finally meet up face to face and Omega Red misquotes Inigo Montoya (Omega Red, I am disappointed in you and so is Wade)

They fight on mostly even terms and Wade asks how can Omega Red possibly trust his own memories considering what programs like Weapon X generally due to their patients. (Very good point Wade)

Peter interrupts the match by gluing up Omega Red. Potter tells the rest of locals to follow him to a nearby UN refugee camp. Wade takes a grenade launcher and fires it at Omega Red and the nearby mercenaries trying to free him from his pasty prison.

Wade reiterates that he doesn’t kill families but finally starts to see glimpses of what Agent Adsit saw back in Original Sin which causes him to freeze up allowing Omega Red to take advantage of the situation and promptly starts to strangle him. Wade gives himself a tracheotomy he learned from Hawkeye… from M.A.S.H Omega Red jumps on a jeep and starts to drag Wade along by the neck.

Meanwhile, U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. is having a meeting and most of them want to kill Deadpool but Flagsmasher tells them that Deadpool is off limits because he takes Deadpool’s threat very seriously (He did try to kill Wade’s daughter after all). He leaves but the rest of the people plot to kill Deadpool anyway.
    end of spoilers

As I mentioned last thread, Duggan and Posehn have essentially inverted Joe Kelly’s run. Back then Wade was the bad guy trying to be the good guy but the call of evil was just too tempting.

Now he is a good guy who is wondering if he should stop caring but the call to protect his new found family and remain a hero is too strong.

Do you think that the fact that he spoilers:
    killed his own family
    end of spoilers
    will be the final straw?

To those who have been living under a rock and don't get the Inigo Montoya reference
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 02-25-2015 at 07:28 PM.

Also, if you don't get the Night Court reference it refers to a sitcom featuring a court room that takes place at night and the plaintiffs and defendants are usually a bunch of weirdos, miscreants, and ne'er do wells (at least more so than usual ) with the occasional surprise guest like

Last edited by pinoypanzer; 02-25-2015 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Also, if you don't get the Night Court reference it refers to a sitcom featuring a court room that takes place at night and the plaintiffs and defendants are usually a bunch of weirdos, miscreants, and ne'er do wells (at least more so than usual ) with the occasional surprise guest like

That was such a great show.

Loved the issue. Wade catching some glimpses of the past probably won't end well for anyone. Good art, good comedic timing, good action. Good issue. Three more left

Was it the real Omega Red or Clomega Red?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    There's really no way of knowing. The real one is dead.. by all counts, so I'll say the clone.

Can I ask why so many people are interested in this?
    Last edited by cc008; 02-25-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That was such a great show.
    It was a little before my time but I ended up seeing reruns back on TV Land along with The Munsters, Get Smart, and other old gems

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Loved the issue. Wade catching some glimpses of the past probably won't end well for anyone. Good art, good comedic timing, good action. Good issue. Three more left
    I wonder if those glimpses are really what we've been left to believe they are or if it's something else that like a hint that Wade is not who he thinks he is, like what Joe Kelly did T-Ray.

Seeing as how the real one is currently pushing up daisies it's most likely the clone. However, since Roxxon is digging up ancient artifacts and since the Middle East is Shiklah's origin there's a slim chance they dug up some mystical mumbo jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There's really no way of knowing. The real one is dead.. by all counts, so I'll say the clone.

Can I ask why so many people are interested in this?
    C'mon cc, you can't blame omega red fans for wanting to know if the real one is back rather than reading about some clone. If could be worse, they could start behaving like Richard Rider fans.

C'mon cc, you can't blame omega red fans for wanting to know if the real one is back rather than reading about some clone. If could be worse, they could start behaving like Richard Rider fans.
    I don't blame the fans for wanting to know... I'm just surprised it's been asked so much in the last 2 threads considering it was pretty much known that Omega Red is 6 feet under.

It's the clone, because he still has the implanted memories of deadpool killing his parents as per the white sky facility programming.
    "Luck doesn't exist. There are no such things as coincidences. Anything can be rationalized, logic is essential, sense is irrelevant."
    -Future Evil Dictator. Or just me.

All New All Different Marvel Pull List: Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, All-New X-Men, Spider Gwen, Ms. Marvel, Deadpool, Agents of Shield

Obviously Marvel can just have all of my money at this point in time.

Browsing the web I read a review that compared Potter to Guile from Streetfighter. I don't really see much of a resemblance both visually and with regards to their character beyond the superficial but now I can't get the thought of him and Deadpool doing a Shoryuken-Flash Kick Combo out of my head.
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 02-26-2015 at 06:55 AM.

I thought this issue was great and the Noto cover is one of my favorites as well (#41 was pretty cool too)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TruDivination View Post
    It's the clone, because he still has the implanted memories of deadpool killing his parents as per the white sky facility programming.
    But he's not a clone, is he? And where is the rest of the Omega Clan?

I ask because I like to see changes actually stick. Or at least not revert without an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    But he's not a clone, is he? And where is the rest of the Omega Clan?

I ask because I like to see changes actually stick. Or at least not revert without an explanation.
    As of right now, we know that Omega Red is dead so it is most likely the clone.

Like I said in an earlier post, they are in the middle east where Deadpool's succubus wife is from and Roxxon is digging up artifacts so there is a chance they might have unearthed some black magic mumbo jumbo that brought back the real one but that is just a speculation on my part.

Until we get anything definitive it's the clone since he has the implanted memories that TruDivination alluded to.

Mighty Member

As of right now, we know that Omega Red is dead so it is most likely the clone.
    I mean this Omega Red isn't actually a clone, is he? Wasn't he just a regular guy who had false memories implanted? Don't have my X-Force issues handy.