Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Spidey & The X-Men #3 SPoilers/Review

When we last Spidey and the X-Kids they had just gotten abducted by the dynamic dastardly duo of Mojo and the Chameleon. So what do they do? Make Spider-Man host a talk show with music group Hellion and the X-Kids. Personally I would have gone with the X-Street Band, but whateves.

Mojo unleashes the Sinister Sixty Six, while Eye-boy operates the camera, and while No Girl is subdued by Mojoverse mooks. Spidey and the kids counterattack and Hellion is sad he didn't get to sing his song. They confront Eye-Boy who Spidey thinks is the mole but it turns out to be the Chameleon. Spidey and Co escape in Mojoworld. Meanwhile No Girl fights back and it turns out Eye-Boy is being forced to watch really bad TV. But then he is rescued by a mysterious stranger.

The denizens of Mojoworld attack Spidey and Co but they escape only to encounter Gambit. But surprise Gambit is Chameleon and he takes Glob hostage. Eye-Boy busts in and says he can now see emotional connections...aka he can see Friendship. Its official Eye-Boy is now the new Cipher..but not as cool. It turns out Eye-Boy has brought some reinforcements: THE X-BABIES!

Meanwhile back at the JGSFHL, Rachel and Storm plan on how they will murder Spider-Man.

SPidey and the X-Kids & Babies attack Mojo and defeat him and return home only to finds a very pissed off Storm. Rachel discovers Spidey's identity. And the mole's benefactor says it's time to pay his mole for services rendered. Apparently the mole ordered a new body!

A pretty solid issue. I'm sad to see that there will only be 6 issues...because it's been a nice blend of fun and action. Plus it was great to see the return of the X-Babies.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Gotta say, this issue was pretty entertaining, especially the team-up with the X-Babies. It was also hilarious how they even mirrored their 616 counterparts with Cyclops' team looking like the Uncanny team. Still not liking the joke of the JGS staff acting like the stingy adults all the time since, while it's supposed to be played for laughs, it just doesn't work since they're being written so OOC. Definitely interested in where the plot of Rachel knowing Peter's identity goes from here though.

Sounds like another solid issue. Extra kudos go to Kalan for making me care about Eye-boy...he's starting to sneak in under my cynical skin. And the X-babies are always a riot in small doses. ;-)

I'm liking this run. It doesn't seem to take itself too seriously. There's totally a gap in the market for more of this book. Sorry to hear it won't go past 6 issues.

I'm liking this mini-series. The JGS are a major annoyance though.

Also a certain someone finding out another's name was a bit of a shock. Wonder if it'll play out later?

So who needs a new body?

Could be anyone.

No-Girl came to mind first, but then I realized they all could.

This issue was chaotic, cartoony, and hard to follow most of the time. I really didn't care much for it. But I did find it fun in some areas. Seeing Storm and the rest of the X-men hate on Spider-Man was just too funny. And Mojo has always been one of the most entertaining villains the X-men have ever faced. So maybe it's fitting that this story was so chaotic. It really couldn't be anything else. But it still didn't feel all that worthwhile in my opinion. I don't know how long this series is going to continue, but I think there's way too much room for improvement at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

yeah, Hellion for new hands, Ernst so she can not look 80, Rockslide, Martha or Glob for a whole new body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    When we last Spidey and the X-Kids they had just gotten abducted by the dynamic dastardly duo of Mojo and the Chameleon. So what do they do? Make Spider-Man host a talk show with music group Hellion and the X-Kids. Personally I would have gone with the X-Street Band, but whateves.

Mojo unleashes the Sinister Sixty Six, while Eye-boy operates the camera, and while No Girl is subdued by Mojoverse mooks. Spidey and the kids counterattack and Hellion is sad he didn't get to sing his song. They confront Eye-Boy who Spidey thinks is the mole but it turns out to be the Chameleon. Spidey and Co escape in Mojoworld. Meanwhile No Girl fights back and it turns out Eye-Boy is being forced to watch really bad TV. But then he is rescued by a mysterious stranger.

The denizens of Mojoworld attack Spidey and Co but they escape only to encounter Gambit. But surprise Gambit is Chameleon and he takes Glob hostage. Eye-Boy busts in and says he can now see emotional connections...aka he can see Friendship. Its official Eye-Boy is now the new Cipher..but not as cool. It turns out Eye-Boy has brought some reinforcements: THE X-BABIES!

Meanwhile back at the JGSFHL, Rachel and Storm plan on how they will murder Spider-Man.

SPidey and the X-Kids & Babies attack Mojo and defeat him and return home only to finds a very pissed off Storm. Rachel discovers Spidey's identity. And the mole's benefactor says it's time to pay his mole for services rendered. Apparently the mole ordered a new body!

A pretty solid issue. I'm sad to see that there will only be 6 issues...because it's been a nice blend of fun and action. Plus it was great to see the return of the X-Babies.

Is Marvel wanting Spider-man fans to hate the X-men?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    So who needs a new body?

Could be anyone.

No-Girl came to mind first, but then I realized they all could.
    That was the clever point, because in a way they could all want a new body. that being said...No Girl jumps out the most.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Is Marvel wanting Spider-man fans to hate the X-men?
    Nah because the scene where they say this is completely humorous. Rachel wants to strangle him his own web....50 shades of Web style
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Good that Rachel and Storm have teamed up for a common cause for the greater good.

Punishing Spider-Man for losing their Students under his own watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gotta say, this issue was pretty entertaining, especially the team-up with the X-Babies. It was also hilarious how they even mirrored their 616 counterparts with Cyclops' team looking like the Uncanny team. Still not liking the joke of the JGS staff acting like the stingy adults all the time since, while it's supposed to be played for laughs, it just doesn't work since they're being written so OOC. Definitely interested in where the plot of Rachel knowing Peter's identity goes from here though.
    So, Rachel did mind probe him after all without his consent?

If they can do something with that I may change my opinion on the series.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Good that Rachel and Storm have teamed up for a common cause for the greater good.

Punishing Spider-Man for losing their Students under his own watch.

She mentions that information leaking from his mind out so it seems she did not probe his mind.

It was more like Peter's mind was so weak it was leaking information.

But yeah Rachel knows.

No it's that because of Mojo's brainwashing, his mind was left so weakened that the thoughts were just kinda spilling out allowing Rachel to pick up on them without trying to since she caught that much while just lying in bed that night after they returned.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So... Now Rachel has Peter in her thoughts now even when she's chilling in bed?

She's slowly going to be driven crazy with how confusing he is since from what we've seen in his mind he's a much more mature person than how he is when he's swinging around as Spider-Man. Peter Parker also is more mature than the Spider-Man persona too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    That was the clever point, because in a way they could all want a new body. that being said...No Girl jumps out the most.
    And it would reaaallly be a stretch for Rockslide, to the point of being outright OOC. The kid doesn't really do angst, is practically indestructible in his current body, and is convinced that he's made of 100% purest, home-grown awesome.