Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air Control

9 56.25%
  • Telekinesis

7 43.75%
    BANNED

Default [Storm Week] Single Power Analysis - Air Control vs. Telekinesis

Through the years we have all witness Storm do some amazing things with her powers over the wind. Using it both as a destructive and constructive force to defeat her enemies and for own personal enjoyment. However, we have also seen several mutants who resided in Xavier's school use a similar ability to much success. These mutants with their telekinetic powers have proven that they to can mimic the wind while also performing other feats that would put the Wind Riders power in question of which is truly better?

You Decided!

Please follow these guidelines:

1. Give examples and/or reasons of why Air Control or Telekinesis is overall better in a fight.

2. Give Examples and/or reasons why Air Control or Telekinesis is better in everyday life or which ability would be more fun.

3. Post examples of why one ability is far superior than the other.

4. Only characters with Telekinesis or Air Control in the marvel universe can be used as examples in this thread.

If this thread goes well I may start other threads about Storm Specific powers compared to other characters/power sets with similar abilities.

Telekinesis by a huge margin, but air manipulation has it's advantages.

1. It really depends on the characters were using. In this case, Storm has on many occasions bested telekinetics with the raw force of her winds, forcing all their power on the defense. Focus is a big part of TK which can easily be broken via suffocation or pressure play in the inner ear. Bing that air envelops the planet aerokinetics find it much easier to develop their powers without much strain.

2. I'd say tk would be more useful in everyday life. You can pretty much do most of what an ak can and then some. I.e flight, moving objects and people.

3.Exbit A: Nate Grey

I don't care! I'll start my own group. Rejection from society is what started the X-men.

BANNED

it's the same. [/canon]

BANNED

I wouldn't say that they are the same....

There is clearly some things you can do with the wind that you may not be able to do with TK and visa versa. Like Jean Grey being able to manipulate the molecules in her clothes for a quick change (image unavailable) or this feat with Storm

I agree with Roddy.

I voted for aerokinesis because I like and prefer elemental abilities to any power, and you can do a lot with control over the wind and air, but TK is more advantageous and can be limitless. Both abilities can be extremely powerful depending on the skill level of the wielder.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

1. Give examples and/or reasons of why Air Control or Telekinesis is overall better in a fight.
    Tk is technically unlimited. As long as you can focus and know how to use it there is nothing you could not do with tk you could not do with air. You could cause lungs to contract just as easily as pull the air out. When you wield something and not create it internally you require it to be present.

2. Give Examples and/or reasons why Air Control or Telekinesis is better in everyday life or which ability would be more fun.
    You could use tk more precisely. If focused you could use it as an actual extension of your being.
    It is limited only by you imagination and your desire to train in its use. Air control you are limited to it being present, in space you would be useless, but as long as you can think tk would be present. They have written many times that psionics grow with use like a muscle, some even learn, like Rachel, to use tk on a molecular level.
    ]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WINDRIDER View Post
    I agree with Roddy.

I voted for aerokinesis because I like and prefer elemental abilities to any power, and you can do a lot with control over the wind and air, but TK is more advantageous and can be limitless. Both abilities can be extremely powerful depending on the skill level of the wielder.
    I agree with the both of you. There is more variety with aerokinesis and less work.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daymare View Post
    Tk is technically unlimited. As long as you can focus and know how to use it there is nothing you could not do with tk you could not do with air. You could cause lungs to contract just as easily as pull the air out. When you wield something and not create it internally you require it to be present.

You could use tk more precisely. If focused you could use it as an actual extension of your being.
    It is limited only by you imagination and your desire to train in its use. Air control you are limited to it being present, in space you would be useless, but as long as you can think tk would be present. They have written many times that psionics grow with use like a muscle, some even learn, like Rachel, to use tk on a molecular level.
    Very good points. Now I'm even more convinced that aerokinesis is the more versatile power. Considering the chemical composition of earth's air, Storm should be able to control them completely. And there's a shitload of them.