Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

They're making this film as different as possible from the previous two FF films, so you would think people would be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    They're the same studio who also made the last few X-Men films absolutely amazing.
    True but this is an entirely different IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    They're making this film as different as possible from the previous two FF films, so you would think people would be happy about that.
    "Different" doesn't automatically mean "better"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    We haven't seen anything at all that indicates it will be worse than those films.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    It doesn't mean terrible either, but you'd think it did given the overall sentiment from comic fans.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Not gonna lie, I personally want the movie to tank so bad that Fox begs Marvel to take them back because I want the Avengers to fight Galactus. Yes, I'm a selfish person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Not gonna lie, I personally want the movie to tank so bad that Fox begs Marvel to take them back because I want the Avengers to fight Galactus. Yes, I'm a selfish person.
    I don't understand this way of thinking. If comic book movies fail it makes it harder to green light future endeavors.

Mighty Member

The look and the tone of the first two movies was fine. The main problem was the writing/plotting. So they change what worked and since we have heard about Doom the blogger and the FF being kids with disabilities the writing is almost certainly worse as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hacman00 View Post
    I don't understand this way of thinking. If comic book movies fail it makes it harder to green light future endeavors.

Not at all if this fails it will only affect future Fox FF movies. Successful franchises will continue like X-Men at Fox and if the DCCU will go on as long as it is successful. And after the success of GOTG Marvel will get to keep trying whatever they want unless things go bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    The look and the tone of the first two movies was fine. The main problem was the writing/plotting. So they change what worked and since we have heard about Doom the blogger and the FF being kids with disabilities the writing is almost certainly worse as well.
    I thought the look and tone of the first two movies was awful, tbh. Also "FF being kids with disabilities" is a falsehood on your part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Real Fantastic Four fans want the Fantastic Four to fail!

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Not at all if this fails it will only affect future Fox FF movies. Successful franchises will continue like X-Men at Fox and if the DCCU will go on as long as it is successful. And after the success of GOTG Marvel will get to keep trying whatever they want unless things go bad.
    So you don't want to see a good Fantastic Four movie?

We haven't seen anything at all that indicates it will be worse than those films.
    The most generous thing I can say is that I haven't seen anything that instills confidence. Sue Storm in a hallway full of bodies, Reed Richards flanked by black-clad soldiers, and Johnny Storm wearing a black jumpsuit with vents on it don't really scream "Fantastic Four" to me. If it's better than the last films that doesn't mean that it will actually be good. Unfortunately, I believe that at its core, the fantastic four are a concept that is not very appealing to modern sensibilities.

I thought the look and tone of the first two movies was awful, tbh. Also "FF being kids with disabilities" is a falsehood on your part.
    It's how Michael B. Jordan has described them.

HAHAHAHA, that was good.

Now give us the real pictures.

...Fox?
    Life is but a dream

Mighty Member

Jordan said it, Any falsehood is on you.