Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Real Fantastic Four fans want the Fantastic Four to fail!

So you don't want to see a good Fantastic Four movie?

Yes but it is quite apparent there will never be one from Fox.

They're making this film as different as possible from the previous two FF films, so you would think people would be happy about that.
    I think that would be too extreme. They were bad, but they were still F4 movies. You could take any screencap and see that.

Honestly, if you look at any of the screencaps provided on this movie, and not knowing what it was, do you think a single person could identify it?
    Life is but a dream

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's how Michael B. Jordan has described them.
    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Jordan said it, Any falsehood is on you.
    Lmao, he said the powers were being treated as a sort of disability. Not that the movie was about kids with disabilities. Lol.

BANNED

Yes but it is quite apparent there will never be one from Fox.
    Was this said in an interview? Citation please.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I think that would be too extreme. They were bad, but they were still F4 movies. You could take any screencap and see that.

Honestly, if you look at any of the screencaps provided on this movie, and not knowing what it was, do you think a single person could identify it?
    I guess I just don't see why the need to identify a movie based on a screenshot matters to you so much. *shrug*

Mighty Member

Was this said in an interview? Citation please.
    What's the point? I refer to something Jordan said and you call me a liar. Even if there was a Sony like leak revealing the worst you would still spin it some bizarre way. It is quite apparent you are just trollling now.

BANNED

What's the point? I refer to something Jordan said and you call me a liar. Even if there was a Sony like leak revealing the worst you would still spin it some bizarre way. It is quite apparent you are just trollling now.
    Like what? I'm not the one who said the new F4 movie was about "kids with disabilities."

Also I wasn't aware that asking you to back up your statements qualified as "trolling."
    Last edited by Emma's Midriff; 02-27-2015 at 05:40 PM.

What the hell is he talking about?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=115925
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

Like what? I'm not the one who said the new F4 movie was about "kids with disabilities."

I referred to what Jordan said and you called me a liar knowing that he said it. Because you could not refute Doom the blogger and Jordan's statement as being bad writing which was my point.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-27-2015 at 06:00 PM.

The full quote was:

"It’s not your typical superhero film, you know, we aren’t looking at this as like, being superheroes. We’re more or less a bunch of kids that had an accident and we have disabilities now that we have to cope with, and try to find a life afterwards – try to be as normal as we can."

Obviously, all things can be open to interpretations, but if you want to get literal, he never said anything about treating the powers as disabilities. It's kids having an accident, getting disabilities, and having to cope with them.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Who can forget all those classic Fantastic Four stories where Reed couldn't control his body? Those powers sure were a burden to him.

I like it. Looks more like the type of Urban Sci-Fi TV show that I'd watch.

Of course thats not a good thing to say when its a movie. But all in all I liked the images.

Of course there is a very good chance that they'll mess it up. Remember Firefly anyone?
    But what is liberty without wisdom and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint. Those who know what virtuous liberty is, cannot bear to see it disgraced by incapable heads, on account of their having high-sounding words in their mouths.

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    The full quote was:

"It’s not your typical superhero film, you know, we aren’t looking at this as like, being superheroes. We’re more or less a bunch of kids that had an accident and we have disabilities now that we have to cope with, and try to find a life afterwards – try to be as normal as we can."

Obviously, all things can be open to interpretations, but if you want to get literal, he never said anything about treating the powers as disabilities. It's kids having an accident, getting disabilities, and having to cope with them.
    (Which is just like the comics, as far as Ben Grimm is concerned.)

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Not gonna lie, I personally want the movie to tank so bad that Fox begs Marvel to take them back because I want the Avengers to fight Galactus. Yes, I'm a selfish person.
    "I want a company to make a financial loss because of synergy"

The look and the tone of the first two movies was fine. The main problem was the writing/plotting. So they change what worked and since we have heard about Doom the blogger and the FF being kids with disabilities the writing is almost certainly worse as well.
    I'll agree with that. The look was very Fantastic Four, although looking back the film costumes really did scream of the mid-2000s. The best aesthetic change with this film is probably The Thing. Looking like a rock looks way better and makes much more sense than just a rubber suit. The Hulk hasn't been a rubber suit (or, plenty of make-up, even) in decades, so it's great to see the Thing finally get that upgrade.

As for Doom the blogger, I doubt blogging will be his entire character. I suspect a lot more emphasis will be placed on the science side of Dr Doom (which is where the blogging side comes into play, i.e. new media and futurism) comes in to play. A side we've only really seen played out in the comic books. In the 2005, he was just a campy villain and a business executive.

I thought the look and tone of the first two movies was awful, tbh. Also "FF being kids with disabilities" is a falsehood on your part.
    I think the difference between the 2005 film and the 2015 film is in audience. I loved Fantastic Four watching it as an eight year old. It was a lot of fun. Then, a couple of years later when Rise of the Silver Surfer was released, even ten year old me recognised it as alright but nothing spectacular. This new film is shifting audience entirely. Whereas the MCU is quite accessible for kids with its tone, big battles etc., this film seems to be capturing the mid-to-late teen and adult audience more. The tone I get from the trailer is that it's for a viewer who can evaluate and consider what's going on a little more than "AW YES THIS FIGHT SCENE IS AWESOME." Both have their place, of course. But coming to this ten years after the 2005 film, that alternate tone is what grabs my attention more.

I might have to rewatch the 2005 film at somepoint, actually, to see how it holds up. The last time I saw it was probably bits and pieces on a TV broadcast some months back.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

I hope they are not going to wear those boring black costumes for the whole movie. Some colour please