Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kanbe View Post
    Peter Parker is Spider-man. How is this even a question?
    because Miles Morales is Spider-Man, too, duh

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

So is Miguel O Hara, Bruce Banner, Hobie Brown, Takuya Yamashiro, Pavitr Prabhakar, William Braddock, etc.

Tons of other Spider-mans they can use! I'm all for Japanese Toei Spider-man to be in the movies. We need Leopardon to kick Iron man into space!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Miles is a good character but we're getting Peter. Maybe in the future Peter will be killed and Miles can rise up but not right now.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As many problems as Sony has had lately the chances of them going with Miles Morales are pretty much zero. Why so many think it is not going to be Peter Parker is just beyond crazy to me. I they get a few good Spider Man movies under their belt again then maybe they might go with Miles, but for the forseable future it is going to be Peter.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

This is a hard choice for me, because I love Peter Parker, but the "Amazing Spider-Man" reboot with Andrew Garfield was too soon and this reboot is even sooner, so I feel like the transition would go smoother if audiences had a different Spider-Man this time around. It still feels like Andrew Garfield is Peter Parker and it'd just be kind of dull to get yet another version of Peter Parker to replace him. Too many Peters without enough time between iterations.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Kanbe View Post
    Peter Parker is Spider-man. How is this even a question?
    Because tumblr

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Penance View Post
    Because tumblr
    oh, those dirty liberal commies :eyeroll:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post
    So is Miguel O Hara, Bruce Banner, Hobie Brown, Takuya Yamashiro, Pavitr Prabhakar, William Braddock, etc.

Tons of other Spider-mans they can use! I'm all for Japanese Toei Spider-man to be in the movies. We need Leopardon to kick Iron man into space!
    yep, let's set Spider-Man 2099 in the MCU or Japanese Spider-Man because that's the same thing as Miles Morales in the MCU

Incredible Member

Peter Parker!

BANNED

I want Miles eventually. The Prowler arc would be awesome on the screen, specifically. But as a character he needs an established Parker to function, so they should wait until they've set it up enough. I don't care what color Peter is, though.

All-New Member

As much as I enjoy Mile Morales, it HAS to be Peter Parker in the MCU first! He is the prime Spider-Man and the one that will bring people to the theaters in droves. EVENTUALLY maybe they can pass the torch, or have an alternate universe movie, etc., but for this first trilogy I want the original players to take on Thanos--so Steve, Tony, Odinson, Bruce and Peter had all better be in it! After that let Bucky/Sam, Rhodey, Eric Masterson, General Ross, and Miles take a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldnite View Post
    As much as I enjoy Mile Morales, it HAS to be Peter Parker in the MCU first! He is the prime Spider-Man and the one that will bring people to the theaters in droves. EVENTUALLY maybe they can pass the torch, or have an alternate universe movie, etc., but for this first trilogy I want the original players to take on Thanos--so Steve, Tony, Odinson, Bruce and Peter had all better be in it! After that let Bucky/Sam, Rhodey, Eric Masterson, General Ross, and Miles take a shot.
    Based on the performance of the last Spiderman movie, it would seem you are incorrect. Don't get me wrong, the movie didn't do bad, but if Peter Parker as Spiderman were enough to get people to come out in droves, Sony would have never made the deal in the first place.

If Marvel has proven anything at this point with their movies, its that they can take characters and concepts that don't play well to large numbers traditional comic fans. I have absolute faith that Marvel can take Miles Morales into the MCU as that universe's original Spiderman and make it absolutely work and kill at the box office.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

For the sake of record keeping, here is a poll and many, many, many comments by many users in the Spider-man forum about this exact subject.

Would you prefer the new MCU Spider-Man to be Peter Parker or Miles Morales?
    http://community.comicbookresources....-Miles-Morales

The following was my response there:

Quote Originally Posted by MarioHerald View Post
    I answer Peter. Let's see Marvel's big screen take on his good ol' boy. But eventually, I would be pleased seeing a Miles there too.

However,

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Spider-Gwen! Or to get really left field, Spider-Punk.
    Add Kaine as Scarlet Spider to this. KAINE!!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Miles could be interesting, but him being so young could rob his solo of any sort of romantic sub-plot. And you know Spidey's gotta have his ladies.

Well, he and Ultimate Kate Bishop have been going out for a while. I don't see why it wouldn't translate to a movie. Not every romance has to be adult (nor occupy a big chunk of a movie - well worked, short scenes can convey a lot and be more powerful than 30 minutes of not so good development).

Last edited by MarioHerald; 02-26-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    yep, let's set Spider-Man 2099 in the MCU or Japanese Spider-Man because that's the same thing as Miles Morales in the MCU
    Glad we agree! Japanese Spider-man FTW! I want to see him on the big screen more than ever!

spidey13-1327270427.jpg

BANNED

Spider-Man with giant mech is best Spider-Man. He's also the emissary from hell...which makes him even better. It kind of seems weird Sony hasn't ever made a Japanese Spider-Man movie, even if it was just a smaller Japanese thing.