Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I wish they'd do both. Peter first, then pass the mantle to Miles somehow (through retirement or death). I think the legacy aspect of Miles trying to live up to what Peter did would be really cool to explore in the movies. I don't think we've ever seen a real "successor" storyline in a superhero movie franchise. Plus how cool would it be to have Peter and Miles potentially working TOGETHER on the big screen? A Spider-Men buddy-hero comedy!

Self-Loathing Bendis Fan

There you have it.
    Twice as many people want to see Peter than want to see Miles.
    Accept that Miles lobbyists are a very vocal minority.

Although I bet Bendis is pushing hard for Miles, his payday is likely attached to it (he created Miles, didn't he?)

BANNED

They should do both, but if they only do one I'd much rather it was Miles. The films need a breath of fresh air.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _underscore View Post
    There you have it.
    Twice as many people want to see Peter than want to see Miles.
    Accept that Miles lobbyists are a very vocal minority.

Although I bet Bendis is pushing hard for Miles, his payday is likely attached to it (he created Miles, didn't he?)
    Oh dear, there's always one.

Yes, people who want to see Miles as the MCU Spider-Man are a minority, but a significant minority nonetheless. Also, I don't see how their being a fan of the character would warrant being called a lobbyist. Some people just like things you don't, believe it or not.

McFarlands Peter who was married to model MJ would be a one off.

Amazing Member

I <3 Miles, but a lot of his charm is being a legacy hero. It would simply be a disservice to the character if he were introduced without the benefit of a pre-existing, possibly dead Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    McFarlands Peter who was married to model MJ would be a one off.
    If it didn't have to be in MCU continuity, I'd love to see a married Peter with MJ, baby Mayday (the future Spider-Girl), and both Peter and Miles are active as Spider-Man (Spider-Men?).
    That's the Spider-Man movie I'd make.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lalomartins View Post
    I <3 Miles, but a lot of his charm is being a legacy hero. It would simply be a disservice to the character if he were introduced without the benefit of a pre-existing, possibly dead Peter.
    They could hint at the older films; We don't need to see Peter go down to realize that someone needs to be Spider-Man.
    Miles could easily keel the legacy intact while being the MCU's first Spidey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    If it didn't have to be in MCU continuity, I'd love to see a married Peter with MJ, baby Mayday (the future Spider-Girl), and both Peter and Miles are active as Spider-Man (Spider-Men?).
    That's the Spider-Man movie I'd make.
    That's exactly what I want the Marvel Universe to be after Secret Wars. Though Peter should be semi-retired having a baby and all.

Parker or Bust

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Action View Post
    If only there were ways to do both...
    You can do both. It would be way more profitable.

We already know the plan has been for Parker, and yet this debate has raged non-stop since the Marvel/Sony sharing agreement. Why?
    Because suddenly more Miles related stuff is popping up in stores. You don't do all that and not have some plan in place.

But like I said-you can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    They could hint at the older films; We don't need to see Peter go down to realize that someone needs to be Spider-Man.
    Miles could easily keel the legacy intact while being the MCU's first Spidey
    I just don't think it'd have the same impact as knowing this was MCU's Peter, getting to know him, and then getting Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisennerd View Post
    That's exactly what I want the Marvel Universe to be after Secret Wars. Though Peter should be semi-retired having a baby and all.
    Might be what we want, not what we'll get. Be cool though. I'd rather not have him semi-retired though. Red Arrow/Arsenal apparently did the hero thing while a dad.
    Tell me about Secret Wars, any good?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I just don't think it'd have the same impact as knowing this was MCU's Peter, getting to know him, and then getting Miles.

Might be what we want, not what we'll get. Be cool though. I'd rather not have him semi-retired though. Red Arrow/Arsenal apparently did the hero thing while a dad.
    Tell me about Secret Wars, any good?
    It doesn't start until Summer. The lead in has been epic from what I've read, mostly Hickman's New Avengers/Avengers.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

When it comes to the movies/cartoons, I want Peter Parker no matter what before Miles. When you've been reading the comics for 33 years and be a HUGE Spider-man fan for that entire time, you don't get excited to hear Miles Morales.

I like him as another Spider-man from another universe, but I would never want him to take over.

If they were going to go for someone other than Peter to be Spider-man in the movies, I rather it be Spider-Gwen She is by far the coolest new character from Spider-Verse. Glad she is got her own series.

But, the movies make me wonder, I don't think they have to reboot the Sony Spidey movies again, they could make it that his parents were trying to create a new Super Soldier serum, like it is in the ultimate comics and they were undercover for shield while working for Oscorp to see leak information and were killed by Norman when they were found out. Mix their stories from the original and ultimate and I think that's a decent way to put them into the MCU.

That way, you could have more than one Spider-man and explain both Peter and Miles being in the MCU/Sony movies since there was more than one Spider that gave powers.

Peter Parker is Spider-man. How is this even a question?
    Far out.